Could Pod be...

Skoboe

...a Lannister?

His only supposed relative cannot talk, read or write. Tywin Lannister, not generally known for showing mercy, spared Pod the rope once he knew who he was after being caught with Ser Lorimer and a ham (Lorimer was hanged). He was given into Kevans care and then to Tyrion.

Tywin showed just before Tyrion tried to pin him to the privy wall that he was not the celibate he portrayed...could young Pod be the result of some dalliance Tywin had 12 years ago?

Could he be another 'younger brother'??

Probably not, but there seems to be much more to Puh-puh-Pod than meets the eye :)

If you really want a crackpot Pod could be Tysha's son.

Also is Pod looking for Sansa as a way to find Tyrion or is it really because he wuvs her?

I thought that briefly, but Pod's 12, which means Tysha would have been about 10 when she gave birth (unless me calcs are wrong).

But it could explain why HBO-Pod is much older....Tyrion unknowingly taking on his own son as a squire is the type of ironic twist that Varys would have loved to set up :)

Post #3 sounds on th emoney though - he's just there for Brienne's arc.

I would not be surprised however if there is indeed another Tywin spawn hidden somewhere. Tyrion choking Cersei to death is just too obvious.

Tyrion is 26 IIRC, he married Tysha at 13, she was also 13 and flowered. 26-13=13(add in the 9months for pregnancy and 12 is reasonable estimate). So, Pod being Tysha and Tyrion's could happen time wise.

Tysha I believe was brunette, so pod wouldn't have to have Lannister hair either.

And has Tyrion had a child, Tywin might just feel some familial responsibility to take care of the kid and placed it in the Payne house hold (IIRC, Payne is Bannerman to Lannister) and if your Lord told you to raise a kid, I think you'd listen (especially the Lord that proved he isn't afraid to kill an entire House).

I think I could buy into this crack pottery, if only for the LOLs.

Well I really think Tywin might have bastards.After Joanna dies it is illogical to think him having no sex because he even went so low he slept with his sons whore which says a lot about the man.I think those tunnels were built for another Hand but Tywin used them also.

Tyrion is 26 IIRC, he married Tysha at 13, she was also 13 and flowered. 26-13=13(add in the 9months for pregnancy and 12 is reasonable estimate). So, Pod being Tysha and Tyrion's could happen time wise.

Tysha I believe was brunette, so pod wouldn't have to have Lannister hair either.

And has Tyrion had a child, Tywin might just feel some familial responsibility to take care of the kid and placed it in the Payne house hold (IIRC, Payne is Bannerman to Lannister) and if your Lord told you to raise a kid, I think you'd listen (especially the Lord that proved he isn't afraid to kill an entire House).

I think I could buy into this crack pottery, if only for the LOLs.

Thanks for fixing up the ages! I like it.

Another possibiliy - 'where do whores go'? Well, we all know where one of them went...straight into Tywins bed!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice theories about Pod being Tywin's or even Tyrion's own son. Pod's loyalty to Tyrion has been amazing. If I remember it correctly he never testified at Tyrion's trial. Yes he never said Tyrion was innocent either, but he didn't do any damage to his case too. For a timid guy he was exceptionally brave in the Battle of Blackwater. He is also quite knowledgeable which he proves when the Red Viper comes to KL with his folks & Pod identifies all the banners correctly. His reason for trying to find Sansa also seems half true. He might intend to make her confess or hand her over to the Queen so as to protect Tyrion. Strangely enough he is the only person who is still doing something for Tyrion long after he has left KL.

Archived