Half serious prediction about Gendry.

DeBasilisk

it depends on who does the legitimising.

if stannis, he has little regard fo noble birth so gendry would get the land as first born son. stannis would legitimise the lot. if it were just about anyone else, then Edrik might be the only one ie because of noble birth

I believe Gendry is gonna play a major role. For the most part because once upon a time GRRM thought he'd write 3 books. So I personally measure AGoT the highest when thinking about theories. I think he placed a lot of essential stuff in there that will matter at the very end. I don't think his end goal has changed that much from the beginning. He just realized there was more in between.

But if Gendry will be the new Lord of Dragonstone or Stormlands or something else...I don't know but I can't wait to find out, that's for sure ;)

I think it is extremely likely that Gendry will become the next Lord of the Stormlands, being legitimized by Stannis. Edrik may become Lord of Dragonstone.

There are supposedly 13 little Baratheon Bastards, but we know Barra and probably the twins are dead. After Gendry, Edrik and Mya this still leaves 7 others - Brella at the inn is a likely candidate

How many are killed in the books? I think I am getting mixed up with the show. Was it just that Barra was killed and Gendry went on the run in the books? And that in the past Cersei has had a pair of twins born to a servant at Castlery Rock killed.

With an incoming dragon queen and (f)Aegon it may be a bad move to put your hand up as Baratheon, of course.

If Gendry ends up relatively insignificant he will have been a very disappointing red herring. With all the imagery of him becoming like his father (holding his Smith's hammer) and the fact that the Smith is one of the Seven ('he gives us strength') I see him as having an important role in battles to come.

I didn't say it was necessary, but it's still a title. Harry the heir was knighted by the Vale lords in order to make his position as the heir stronger.

That was about garnering popularity, something Stannis scorns. That said, as mentioned, your example shows that it's just a matter of kneeling for a moment if they want Edric to be a knight.

Stannis, "Then we will make new lords."

If Stannis travels South to the Riverlands, and there he meets this young knight who is has been fighting to keep orphans safe and kill Lannister sympathizers, and who follows the same god as most of Stannis's court, then I strongly suspect Stannis will find a way to use him. Will he legitimize him? Not while Shireen is alive (and I peg her for the Iron Throne when all is done). However, a Lordship would not be out of the question.

PS) I suspect Edrick will be made Lord of Highgarden, since he is half Florrent he does have a blood claim from the old kings of the Reach, stronger than the Tyrells.

At the inn, Brienne duels with Rorge and slays him, only to be savaged by Biter. Gendry saves Brienne's life by driving a spear through Biter's neck.

Brienne: Thanks for saving my life.

Gendry: You remind me of another noble woman who loved to use sword.

Brienne: Who was it ?

Gendry: Arya of House Stark

Brienne: Is she alive ? Well, then I guess I need to add another name to the list of people I have promised to find.

Gendry: I can join you.

At the inn, Brienne duels with Rorge and slays him, only to be savaged by Biter. Gendry saves Brienne's life by driving a spear through Biter's neck.

Brienne: Thanks for saving my life.

Gendry: You remind me of another noble woman who loved to use sword.

Brienne: Who was it ?

Gendry: Arya of House Stark

Brienne: Is she alive ? Well, then I guess I need to add another name to the list of people I have promised to find.

Gendry: I can join you.

I'm having a hard time figuring out the context of this post. What are you responding to?

"When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt." - The Prophecy

As far as I know Gendry is a blacksmith. Making Swords involves fire and salt. Salt is used to harden blade it is called "Salt Bath".

"When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt." - The Prophecy

As far as I know Gendry is a blacksmith. Making Swords involves fire and salt. Salt is used to harden blade it is called "Salt Bath".

...And now I'm even more confused. What does this have to do with Brienne, or finding Arya, or... :dunno:

Context, please!

just out of curiosity, why the strong Gendry hate?

Can't I just unreasonably hate a fictional character?

If I tried to define it, he's a dick with zero *redeeming qualities. His popularity and fan favorite theories that effectively screw characters I like irks me. Mostly, I just say it is an unreasonable hatred for no justifiable reason. Seems honest that way.

*Redeeming in this case doesn't mean morally or anything. It means there's nothing about him that gets me to like him after he was rude to Ned.

If I tried to define it, he's a dick with zero *redeeming qualities. His popularity and fan favorite theories that effectively screw characters I like irks me. Mostly, I just say it is an unreasonable hatred for no justifiable reason. Seems honest that way.

*Redeeming in this case doesn't mean morally or anything. It means there's nothing about him that gets me to like him after he was rude to Ned.

He's a hard-working boy and a good lad (I believe Harwin called him that). I don't think he was rude to Ned and neither did Ned. I can understand that it bothers you that people seem to love him more than he deserves, but I wouldn't go as far as hate him.

He's a hard-working boy and a good lad (I believe Harwin called him that). I don't think he was rude to Ned and neither did Ned. I can understand that it bothers you that people seem to love him more than he deserves, but I wouldn't go as far as hate him.

He's a bandit that is following the undead mockery of a great character. I would be hesitate to say he's still a good lad. Ned was too forgiving. His response to finding out Cersei committed incest and bore Robert no trueborn children was to tell her so she could escape. Also, now that I think about it, it's less his popularity and more the theories that make him prosper at the expense of characters I like a lot.

He's a bandit that is following the undead mockery of a great character. I would be hesitate to say he's still a good lad. Ned was too forgiving. His response to finding out Cersei committed incest and bore Robert no trueborn children was to tell her so she could escape. Also, now that I think about it, it's less his popularity and more the theories that make him prosper at the expense of characters I like a lot.

He's saving the orphans, he can't be that bad.

you can unreasonably hate anyone you want, I was just curious because as you said he's pretty universally liked so I was curious as to the hate.

Archived