Is Brynden "the Blackfish" Tully Headed to Dorne?

KingMaekarWasHere

Hey everybody. Since Brynden is one of my favorite characters if I had to pick, from across the series, I thought that it would be good to bring this idea up. If you were Brynden and after you left Riverrun behind, where would you go? Well since you believe that all of your grand nieces and nephews are likely dead, beacuse no one told you otherwise, and both Arya and Sansa have been missing for some time, and since your remaining niece left your grand-nephew and king to fight and die without aid, you wouldn't go to the Vale now would you? You especially wouldn't go to the Vale because you do not trust Littlefinger and the Vale lords, because they are possibly just looking out for themselves or Tommen for that matter. You wouldn't go to the Westerlands or the reach as they are Lannister and tyrell joint territories. The north is now controlled by the north lords and Bolton, and just like the Vale lords, they cannot be trusted based upon past actions alone. The Greyjoys and the Ironborn tend to be conquerors and mistrusting of land born people to begin with, so going even incognito to the Iron Islands could be of great risk, especially if some Iron lord discovers you. The Crownlands could be okay to be incognito in, but most lords there are at least semi-loyal to Tommen. As for the Stormlands, they are divded, some pro-Stannis, some pro-Aegon, and some pro-Tommen. And who knows what could happen there next? Also you remain loyal to old ideas and old ways, and your remember the days of fighting the Golden Company and Blackfyre supporters, so naturally you question if this Aegon is really a Blackfyre, which is likely at the end of the day. But you also were told that the real Aegon was killed years ago, so this Golden Company Aegon could be a descendant of a Blackfyre or even the Brightflame,either way, you don't want to join them.

So, knowing what you know, and being loyal to old ways of Tully honor and what have you, why not find a true ally with a link to the Targaryen bloodline? Even though the mainline of House Targaryen is gone (presumably), the Baratheons and their allies have shown their colors, so why not look toward the martells. The Martells after all have scores to settle with the Baratheons and Lannisters combined, and now that the reachmen have joined those two families, lets' just say that such a tri-fecta will and cannot be loved by at least most Martells and at least several Dornish. The Martells also have the ancestry of Daeron the Good's sister Daenerys, so besides the Baratheons, they sure have a claim to the IT, besides the Martells in their own way loved the Targaryens. and you served both your family and King Aegon V "Egg" during the War of the Nine-penny kings. Yes, it would seem that if there was a family in the seven kingdoms to go to and aid, in the hopes of a peace or what have you, the blackfish may indeed go to Dorne and the Martells. They might even help you find Sansa or Arya, or might even help to save Edmure and his child?

He's either going to the Vale to drum up support there against the Freys/Lannisters, or he's setting up his own guerilla force in the Riverlands, or he's going West to help jailbreak Edmure. I don't really see any reason for him to go to Dorne. Brynden Tully is interested in the Stark kingdom of Robb's; he doesn't give one whit about a Targaryen restoration or going to any Targaryen relatives (not counting Jon).

He's either going to the Vale to drum up support there against the Freys/Lannisters, or he's setting up his own guerilla force in the Riverlands, or he's going West to help jailbreak Edmure.

Yeah i forgot the Edmure thing. Family Duty Honor comes first. He maybe planning the RW 2.0 to balance the scales a little and save Edmure.

Personally, I see him going to the Wall. Compared to other places such as Vale, it is relatively safe from Lannister's reach, plus there will be 2 of his men at the Wall to provide him with some support and protection. Plus I think the he will be at the Wall to personally witness the "rebirth" of Jon Snow. The resurrection of Jon Snow needs many witnesses, otherwise it will be considered just another made up fairy tale from the North.

He's either going to the Vale to drum up support there against the Freys/Lannisters, or he's setting up his own guerilla force in the Riverlands, or he's going West to help jailbreak Edmure. I don't really see any reason for him to go to Dorne. Brynden Tully is interested in the Stark kingdom of Robb's; he doesn't give one whit about a Targaryen restoration or going to any Targaryen relatives (not counting Jon).

:agree:

Personally, I see him going to the Wall. Compared to other places such as Vale, it is relatively safe from Lannister's reach, plus there will be 2 of his men at the Wall to provide him with some support and protection. Plus I think the he will be at the Wall to personally witness the "rebirth" of Jon Snow. The resurrection of Jon Snow needs many witnesses, otherwise it will be considered just another made up fairy tale from the North.

The thing that makes me think he's not Wall-bound is that two Riverrun guys are already en route. Sending them only to go himself seems redundant.

My money is on Greywater Watch. I think he will go meet up with Glover, Reed and co anf organize a pro-Stark guerilla fighting force from there.

I think he'll head to the Vale.

He'll probably want to find out what happened to his sister and check that his nephews okay. He should be well-connected in the Vale and as uncle of Lord Arryn should expect a friendly welcome.

Although I can't remember if he got on well with Littlefinger or not. Does anyone know?

He'll probably want to find out what happened to his sister and check that his nephews okay. He should be well-connected in the Vale and as uncle of Lord Arryn should expect a friendly welcome.

Although I can't remember if he got on well with Littlefinger or not. Does anyone know?

Gut check says he and Baelish clash.

You've forgotten the North. Very loyal to the Starks, could easily be motivated by revenge, untapped forces, defensible borders and a climatic advantage.

Four choices of about equal chances. Dorne? Not so much.

You've forgotten the North. Very loyal to the Starks, could easily be motivated by revenge, untapped forces, defensible borders and a climatic advantage.

Four choices of about equal chances. Dorne? Not so much.

I didn't forget the North. As I said above, I think it'd be redundant for Brynden to send two guys to the Wall if he were just planning to go himself.

Him and LF got along all right when LF was a kid. Not really sure what he thinks of the adult LF. Cat mentions that Petyr went to the Blackfish for advice just like her and Lysa did so it makes it sound like Blackfish was like an Uncle to him. I think the Blackfish did know his Father as well. They fought together in the Ninepenny War.

Archived