Is Brynden "the Blackfish" Tully Headed to Dorne?

KingMaekarWasHere

North, not Wall. I'm talking about Winterfell and the Houses sworn to it, not about Lord Commander Snow.

Eh, still think the other three are far likelier. He's already in the Riverlands, he has a strong network of contacts in the Vale and Edmure needs freeing. I'd guess any of those before the North.

That's what you'd think but something tells me that they got on quite well. Did I imagine this?

Cat remembers her uncle being the one all the kids went to when they were upset, including Littlefinger. Other than Hoster, the Tully's seem to pity LF for what happened with Brandon.

The Blackfish knew how crazy Lysa was in the Vale and might believe LF's story. But LF would probably keep him away because he might recognize Sansa as a Tully.

Cat remembers her uncle being the one all the kids went to when they were upset, including Littlefinger. Other than Hoster, the Tully's seem to pity LF for what happened with Brandon.

The Blackfish knew how crazy Lysa was in the Vale and might believe LF's story. But LF would probably keep him away because he might recognize Sansa as a Tully.

It would really depend if LF needed his military expertise or not. Brynden might see Sansa as his rightful leige lord/lady/queen. The Blackfish is known in the Vale and his association with LF's protectership could be valuable to him and he could be trusted to keep quiet about Sansa. The problem is that he is wanted by the crown. Still if the crown is not going to war over Alekyne Florent being harbored by the Hightower they are probaly not going to war with the Vale over the Blackfish being harbored there. Indeed him being in the Vale means he can not make war in the Riverlands. Bronze Royce would probaly give him sanctuary as well if he does not trust LF.

Although I can't remember if he got on well with Littlefinger or not. Does anyone know?

We don't know too much about their relationship. These are the only two instances I can remember:

Nonetheless, during all those years of Catelyn's girlhood, it had been Brynden the Blackfish to whom Lord Hoster's children had run with their tears and their tales, when Father was too busy and Mother too ill. Catelyn, Lysa, Edmure . . . and yes, even Petyr Baelish, their father's ward . . . he had listened to them all patiently, as he listened now, laughing at their triumphs and sympathizing with their childish misfortunes.

"How would you know? Were you there?" Lysa descended from the high seat, her skirts swirling. "Did you come with Lord Bracken and Lord Blackwood, the time they visited to lay their feud before my father? Lord Bracken's singer played for us, and Catelyn danced six dances with Petyr that night, six, I counted. When the lords began to argue my father took them up to his audience chamber, so there was no one to stop us drinking. Edmure got drunk, young as he was . . . and Petyr tried to kiss your mother, only she pushed him away. She laughed at him. He looked so wounded I thought my heart would burst, and afterward he drank until he passed out at the table. Uncle Brynden carried him up to bed before my father could find him like that. But you remember none of it, do you?" She looked down angrily. "Do you?"

I'm guessing they had a decent relationship in Riverrun, but who knows how the Blackfish feels about him now? On the surface it looks like he's loyal to the Lannisters.

Hello there Im George Martin and I am here to give you all a spoiler! The blackfish drowned and Jon stays dead. oh and the letter is real the boltons crush stannis and Dany is enslaved after the dothraki kill her dragon and deliver her to the yunkish.... dont bother buying the next two books you're going to fucking hate them!

The thing that makes me think he's not Wall-bound is that two Riverrun guys are already en route. Sending them only to go himself seems redundant.

Personally I see that as reason why Blackfish is going to the Wall. Having 2 of his men at the Wall will give him 2 people he can trust and offer some level of protect when he is at the Wall. The statement he made about Jon Snow always struck as a ruse to deceive Jamie so he won't get suspicious.

The only future I see with the Blackfish is something to do with the BwB. Tom'o'sevens was stationed there for a reason, and I believe he helped orchestrate Bryndens escape, so they are looking to ally with him and perhaps retake Riverrun and restore him as Lord Protector. The Blackfish stil l has a lot of Frey/Lannister asses to whip!

If he wanted to go the Wall, why didn't he simply stay and surrender with all the others at Riverrun? He'd have been sent to the Wall.

Exactly, Jamie offered this in terms of surrender, I'm quite sure he didn't exclude the Blackfish.

Blackfish going to the Vale would be interesting. I wonder if he would recognize Sansa.

Exactly, Jamie offered this in terms of surrender, I'm quite sure he didn't exclude the Blackfish.

Blackfish going to the Vale would be interesting. I wonder if he would recognize Sansa.

My money is on the "no", if only because I don't think he ever met her. Arya never met her great uncle and she was only two years younger. I would wager there could be a pause because of a resemblance to Cat, or the grandmother of the Stark children (some Whent).

At any rate, fish could follow the current of the river south, but the Blackfish appears to be going against it here. And he really only has three options: Stay and form a resistance in the Riverlands, or head North or East.

It's less of a risk than underwater swimming tricks to get away from the siege and going 1500 miles alone to the Wall as an outlaw when you are 60 years old.

A sixty year old who is fit enough to lead vans. Now I don't believe he went to the wall but even if he wanted to go to the wall, he'd never trust Jaime. Jaime kinda screwed himself as good as the Freys. Not many will trust him.

Archived