Robert Baratheon vs Jaime Lannister. The hammer against the sword.

You seem to overestimate Rhaegar.

Robert was already wounded and fatigued from the war, Rhaegar, on the other hand, was fresh as a rose AND believed he was protected by destiny, and Robert still wiped the floor with his mopey face.

As is destiny. Rhaegar's star intitially shown brighter than Robert's, but was dulled by his romantic woes. Besides, getting sledged is a much more respectable way to go then being boared. (Nobody saw that coming either.)

Nothing in Roberts description says that he could take on one out of the five or ten best fighters of the realm. And there are probably dozens of fighters of equal strenght in westeros.

As to his current state: Robert is short of breath after descending the stairs of the crypt with ned.

Nothing in Roberts description says that he could take on one out of the five or ten best fighters of the realm. And there are probably dozens of fighters of equal strenght in westeros.

As to his current state: Robert is short of breath after descending the stairs of the crypt with ned.

Jaime himself thinks Robert was stronger than him. In his first or second pov. He might think he is faster or more skilled, but not stronger.

And about the short brething, its one quote, and its the same robert who rides his horse faster than the guard, in a long march without no significant stamina problem the very day after. The same robert that usually goes on hunting expeditions and the same robert who is gonna fight in a melee tournament for ours.

People is far to harsh in him beign "fat"

As is destiny. Rhaegar's star intitially shown brighter than Robert's, but was dulled by his romantic woes. Besides, getting sledged is a much more respectable way to go then being boared. (Nobody saw that coming either.)

Rhaegar was a multi talented man, but never once was he higher regarded than Robert as a warrior and commander. He was skilled, but not remarkable. Barristan pretty much tries to tell Daenerys this.

Well, he was an enormous man who could unrealistically swing a hammer that most men of average strength can't lift. A hammer is a much much better weapon to use against plate armor than a sword. Also, if he and Rhaegar fought on horseback, than he might have been able to wield that hammer with just one hand. So while Jaime might be more skilled and quicker, all Robert really needs is one whack.

He thinks "Robert was stronger than me, and Gerold Hightower to, known as the white bull, unlist in his best days, and Ser Arthur Dayne"

From this quote I guess Robert was always stronger, in his best and worst days (not as the white bull)

He also named the Clegene brothers and the Greatjon but he stated that with speed and skill he could beat them all.

This is a weird quote from me since everything else in Jaime's history when remembering Arthur Dayne, Jaime seems to think him unbeatable and above even him. Jaime idolizes the man.

He also named the Clegene brothers and the Greatjon but he stated that with speed and skill he could beat them all.

This is a weird quote from me since everything else in Jaime's history when remembering Arthur Dayne, Jaime seems to think him unbeatable and above even him. Jaime idolizes the man.

Yes, and one of the Crakehalls...And this still was two handed Jaime, not the more humble version we get later.

I agree that Robert in his later years would probably get sliced and diced by Jaime but just to be fair to him those crypts have 8000 years of Starks buried in them. Going down to where Rickard and his children are buried is probably like descending one of the paths into the Grand Canyon.

Fat Robert against Jaime? The game is Jaimes to lose but Robert still has a shot. The sort of shot where if that gigantic war hammer hits you, its over.

Young Robert against Jaime? The game is Roberts to lose but Jaime still has a shot, a better shot than fat Robert perhaps, but still Roberts game.

This reminds me of the "MJ vs LeBron" debates. If we are talking about both men in their prime, Robert wins, if they were to meet at the beginning of aGoT, Jaime would win.

Please tell me Robert is MJ? MJ is a drinking, gambling whoremonger.

Archived