Denver meetup - new members, new boarders

Eponine

Have you tried Rise & Shine biscuits? They put Denver Biscuit Co biscuits to shame. We just talked about how we're going to hit it before the Furry Scurry tomorrow. :)

Caveats: Don't plan to eat there, there is like one table -- it's a carry out situation. Also, it's really just biscuit sandwiches, not a full breakfast menu. But if what you want is a biscuit, they are to die for. http://www.riseandshinedenver.com

Biscuits and Pablo's coffee??? I must go!

Thanks for the tip.

LL: No problem. Let me know if I can do anything else. I've lived here a while, I love to brag about how awesome Denver is!

I'll confer with my associates and see if we're missing anything. Only a short holiday, so we can't get up to too much, but thank you for the advice :)

Night's Queen - You seem to have bested Phoenix's biscuits. What is Pablo's coffee?

Phoenix you listed a couple of brewers in longmont on your list. let me know if you make the trip to them on a weekend, I am only a town away and will gladly join up for a beer.

And I want to meet LL too. Gotta remember to keep checking this thread. I am supposedly following it, but don't get any updates from the site when there is activity.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump.

So... after laying groundwork for a meetup, is anyone still around the Denver area in 8 days' time? I'd love to meet up with some BwB folk on Sunday, 13 July, if anyone can manage? I've got the whole day free, but likely no car...

Ok, ok. We could meet at noon for lunch and stay and watch the world cup game, or we could do an afternoon outing (Botanic Gardens, zoo, short hike?) and then dinner. What sounds good for you all? I'll solicit suggestions on FB too - a lot of people are on there who don't check this forum all the time. I'd have missed it if I hadn't been summoned from Lit, but I was intending to contact you, LL, anyway, really I was.

I'm in for noon lunch on Sunday. I will probably have to duck out after, so much yardwork, so little time. We will see.

If we want good food, good beer and the possibility of the world cup final, I suggest we pick somewhere that is NOT a soccer/sports bar or British themed. Cause they will be insane, and I assume we want to be able to hear each other?

I will throw out Goosetown on Colfax, The Yardhouse downtown or Wynkoop over by Union Station. They all have a great beer selection, good and varied menus and TVs that will almost certainly have the match on.

If folks are feeling more brunchish, I suggest Lalas on Logan. But their beer options are limited, they are more of a wine place.

Looking forward to it! Excited to meet the great panda and see everyone. Been too long for some of you!

I say we go to Goosetown, I'll grab a table at noon, feel free to come by any time after that. We can stay and watch soccer, can also walk up to city park just a few blocks away if the match isn't promising. LL, the zoo is up there and I think a museum, and free jazz and food trucks in the evening if you're inclined to stick around that area post meetup.

Archived