Mummers dragon

I don't know if someone has said this but when everyone refers to aegon as the mummers dragon they assume it means that he is fake. What If mummers dragon just refers to him being a real dragon/targ but the creature of Varys/ the mummer. I believe this to be true because iirc they say the mummers dragon with an apostrophe which if I remember my high school English means ownership so aegon would be the dragon which the mummer owns. So aegon could be real but be a peice that Varys owns and still be an enemy of dany.

Actually if you look into the history of varys, it was illyrio who was the mummer, varys stole the cash, so its illyrio's dragon and not varys. It still refers to aegon though, i dont think GRRM would go beyond that. Aegon wins the Dornishmen's trust (the only kingdom that was willing to bow to targs) Dany has no one backing up her claim, she gets jealous as fuck and starts Dance with dragons 2.0 with aegon.

I agree that aegon and dany will be at odds I just think it's weird that I've never seen the mention that mummer's dragon in English should be possessive of the mummer. it could be illyro and the dragon could be blackfyre if that's the theory you like I just think he's for sure a dragon of some sort but wouldn't dany also be illyros dragon as we'll so she herself could be the mummers dragon.

There could be another interpretation of the mummer's dragon, I don't if it's too far fetched, but I think it could be Dany.

Dany asked Jorah what was a mummer's dragon, and he tells her that it is cloth dragon that mummers use in their shows to give the hero something to fight.

Assuming that there's a clear-cut hero in the story, he or she could actually end up fighting Dany.

Eh, I don't know :dunno:

There could be another interpretation of the mummer's dragon, I don't if it's too far fetched, but I think it could be Dany.

Dany asked Jorah what was a mummer's dragon, and he tells her that it is cloth dragon that mummers use in their shows to give the hero something to fight.

Assuming that there's a clear-cut hero in the story, he or she could actually end up fighting Dany.

Eh, I don't know :dunno:

No, it is Jorah who asks Dany what a Mummer's dragon is and it is Dany who gives him the "cloth dragon on poles" definition. Furthermore the apostrophe is there in "Mummer's dragon" in that passage in ACoK. It would have been helpful if both you and the OP would have checked that chapter (the last Dany chapter in ACoK) before posting these errors.

No, it is Jorah who asks Dany what a Mummer's dragon is and it is Dany who gives him the "cloth dragon on poles" definition. Furthermore the apostrophe is there in "Mummer's dragon" in that passage in ACoK. It would have been helpful if both you and the OP would have checked that chapter (the last Dany chapter in ACoK) before posting these errors.

Spare me the attitude, the definition is the same, whether it's said by Dany or Jorah doesn't really make a difference on the topic at hand

ETA: Next time a simple "no, that's wrong, in fact it is etc, etc..." will suffice

Yes, it has been mentioned before (a lot) and I believe it makes sense.

Anyway, there are a lot of reasons to believe he is fake. But mainly:

1) He's fake because it would be utterly stupid to come up with the true heir after some many books and all the stuff about Dany.

2) He's a Blackfyre because it makes too much sense not to be true. It would tie up the books with the novellas. It would make the whole universe/story that much greater, and it would make the novellas incredibly more relevant for future readers of the series.

In-universe, though, while Dany has dragons she's the true heir. Rhaegar, or for that matter Aegon the Conqueror himself, could come back to life and Dany would still have the best Targaryen claim as long as she has dragons. I mean... people were always arguing for Daemon because he had Blackfyre. Dany has three dragons...

Archived