Would Stannis kneel down for Dany?

ymaface

Stannis's problem is that he is unpopular. Wheteher Dany is popluar in Westeros or not or will be is speculative. Now if Selyse died that would open the door for a marriage. So if he becomes a widower and marrying Dany would bolster his claim and make him palatable to the masses I suppose he might consider marrying her. I'm not sure if she would be receptive to this, I suppose it depends on the circumstances and whether or not she comes to Westeros and when it is that she actualy arrives. So I could see him be willing to merge his claim with hers as a comprimise but he would not surrender his own claim to her outright.

Stannis's problem is that he is unpopular. Wheteher Dany is popluar in Westeros or not or will be is speculative. Now if Selyse died that would open the door for a marriage. So if he becomes a widower and marrying Dany would bolster his claim and make him palatable to the masses I suppose he might consider marrying her. I'm not sure if she would be receptive to this, I suppose it depends on the circumstances and whether or not she comes to Westeros and when it is that she actualy arrives. So I could see him be willing to merge his claim with hers as a comprimise but he would not surrender his own claim to her outright.

I really don't think there will be any time any more for haggling over who rules. I think all parties will be in a fight for mere survival.

Stannis's forces are already strained to breaking when he fight's Bolton & Wins (my assumption). Meanwhile Cersei is deftly destroying what's left of the rest of Westeros, bankrupting it. Meanwhile the Brotherhood under LS is harassing & murdering travelers in the Riverlands. Storm lands are under Seige.

The whole Realm is a mess.

Then the Others make a full on assault. The Wall does not need to fall for this to happen as "dead things living" are appearing in the waters as one letter to Jon reads ( paraphrasing.)

I don't see negotiations of any kind taking place.

Just whoever is left standing and is seen to have won the War.

BTW, let me remind everyone that Westeros was a collection of separate feuding Kingdoms until the Targaryeans showed up.

Stannis, should he survive, how does he argue that he isn't culpable in tearing the realm apart?

If no one supports his claim, how does he intend to press it? He has very few people personally loyal to him?

Again. It would become a moot point.

Rightful.. not rightful.. bending the knee. Generally it's only the right of conquest that counts.

Listen guys the only true heir to the Iron throne is he whom can defeat the Others, the real great threat. The game of thrones is what corrupted the realm and caused terrible results but the real battle is the ice and fire dualism.

This places Joffrey, renly and other southron contenders very low in terms of rightfulness. Stannis on the other hand is fully aware of the important struggle against the Great other, because of Melisandre's premonitions. But considering the fact that Jon Snow is more likely to be AA he, as well as Daenerys, have the best claim.

If Melisandre realised that and made it clear to Stannis.. he'd probably bend the knee and it wouldn't be the first time he did so.

According to who and what Law?

According to Dany and her law

A rich woman came, whose husband and sons had died defending the city walls. During the sack she had fled to her brother in fear. When she returned, she found her house had been turned into a brothel. The whores had bedecked themselves in her jewels and clothes. She wanted her house back, and her jewels…Dany granted her the jewels, but ruled the house was lost when she abandoned it.

This is all that needs to be said, and I too am confused as to why people don't see it. Based on what we have seen from his character in the books Stannis. Will. Bend. To. No. One.

He's never faced dragons before

He's never faced dragons before

One thing sure about Stannis is that he never bends. Never. Never. He has faced dangers from an early age and he never bends. Never! Dragon(s) or not (if Dany survives, if she wins,if she can control the dragon(s), if the dragon(s) are alive until then) Stannis will not bend.

One thing sure about Stannis is that he never bends. Never. Never. He has faced dangers from an early age and he never bends. Never! Dragon(s) or not (if Dany survives, if she wins,if she can control the dragon(s), if the dragon(s) are alive until then) Stannis will not bend.

If he will not bend he will burn. Stannis is not suicidal, IMHO.

If he will not bend he will burn. Stannis is not suicidal, IMHO.

He will prefer fighting or how Ty put it:

This is Stannis Baratheon. the man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

It was suiside for a kid to starve for a year along his people when 20000 soldiers were outside of his gates, yet Stannis did it and he won at the end. His iron will, his determination to his duty and honour is something that he will never lose. He may lose his life, but never his will.

He will prefer fighting or how Ty put it:

It was suiside for a kid to starve for a year along his people when 20000 soldiers were outside of his gates, yet Stannis did it and he won at the end. His iron will, his determination to his duty and honour is something that he will never lose. He may lose his life, but never his will.

I agree. As long as he believes his cause his just, he won't quit. Dany or dragons or Batman, whoever comes, it matters not.

"It may be that we shall lose this battle," the king said grimly. "In Braavos you may hear that I am dead. It may even be true. You shall find my sellswords nonetheless."

The knight hesitated. "Your Grace, if you are dead — "

" — you will avenge my death, and seat my daughter on the Iron Throne. Or die in the attempt."

Stannis doesn't need to bend the knee to someone claiming his rightful throne (rightfully his even without the conquest through the established agnatic primogeniture ) especially for someone who is A) Barren, the worst possible trait for a monarch that is the last of their house alive and since Dany believes this it means she is a bloody fool (Something quite evident anyway through her other actions ) and undeserving of the throne.

Stannis should only allow Dany to take that throne if she intends to die on it like her father almost did hence King Scab =P

But it doesn't matter, the only potentially great ruler for westeros is now dead murdered by crossbow bolt to the bowels, people may not like him and his actions may be questionable but he was the greatest political mind in westeros (Yes better than Littlefinger, since he can do more than create and take advantage of chaos he can actually build something substantial) he would have kept the iron throne strongest and made the iron throne more than simply a fancy chair with a monarch to have consessions pried out of them by the nobles as will be the case with most other cantidates

So essentially the best case scenario imo would be Tywin Lannister running the show, Cersei dead & Joff dead, Jamie with his hand cut off, Tyrion content with master of coin and Dany and Stannis dead.

But alas Tywin is dead so Stannis for King! And Dany should go diaf for irony.

and thats the end of my rant =P

Archived