Dissapointing characters

Shadwell

Arianne Martell. I was hoping for a clever warrior princess but I got a half-baked rebellion based on miscommunication.

Well there's nothing to insinuate she's much of a warrior but I too was hoping for a clever, calculated princess and instead got...Arianne, whose only potential for success in this world is because she's born beautiful and noble.

I think Darkstar so far is a disappointment. I also think Viserys was. He could have been a very amusing villain.

I thought Viserys was awesome and amusing in the books and show. I have hated Daenerys ever since she watched him die and showed no remorse. He had some issues sure and was delt a shitty hand, but he wasnt evil like Joffrey or Ramsey. He would have been a better king than Robert.

I thought Viserys was awesome and amusing in the books and show. I have hated Daenerys ever since she watched him die and showed no remorse. He had some issues sure and was delt a shitty hand, but he wasnt evil like Joffrey or Ramsey. He would have been a better king than Robert.

To be fair Vizerys was pretty sadistic towards Dany and seemed to have no concept of how bleak his situation was..all of which suggests to me that he had the Targaryen madness same as his dad, Brightflame etc (Barristan also implies this). If he became king i'd imagine he'd burn most of the North, Riverlands, Stormlands and Vale as punishment for their rebellion

He would have let Dany get raped if it would help him win his crown. He would have been as bad as his father. This quote is from the show and I'm not sure if it is in the books as well but

"Who can rule without fear, wealth, or love?" The answer, Nobody. And Viserys had none of that. Robert on te other hand was loved mostly by his people and was feared a tiny bit. He was still a shitty king but Viserys would have been worse. That's if he hadn't been assassinated during his first year.

JonCon. I thought he would be more interesting. We still have two books though, so that could change.

Tywin was disappointing for the fact that he is nowhere near the reputation of "greatness" that people seem to give him.

I have to ask. How could you not find him interesting if he only have 2 chapters, and already start an invasion and took 4 castles in a matter of days?

and apparently he has succeed in taking Storm's End, one of the most legenday stronghold in ASOIAF, if not the most

Does he have to ride a dragon, slay the great Other, solve Jon's parenthood mystery and revive Ned to be interesting to you? (just kidding)

Honestly i found death of Viseris dissapointing......The only interesting parts od Dany's chapters is in aGoT.....Viseris would be more interesting to read about.....shame George decided to eliminate Viseris and keep Dany.......Doesn't matter what feelings people have for Viseris and what kinda person he is...if he had woken the dragons he's story would be far more interesting to follow then Dany's......

Surprised at the hate on Quentyn and the questions around "what's the point". Quentyn is the reason why Rhaegal and Viserion are free. Quentyn is a man of duty (not unlike many of the other characters in ASOIAF) and gave his life for it. He lost his friends (Cletus and the others), he lost his girl (who never really was his anyway) and he did not want to disappoint his father. If not for Quentyn, who knows what happens to Rhaegal and Viserion?

Surprised at the hate on Brienne. Trust me, I never understood the reason behind her trip to Cracklaw and so on, but she is yet another 'so honorable s/he is actually pig-headed' characters that haunt the realm of man. I do hope there is some grand payoff in TWOW with FrankenCat and Jamie.

Surprised at the hate around Dany episodes in Slaver's Bay. Dany will eventually rule Westeros (or at least aspires to) and she has to make a lot of tough decisions that would involve people's lives. She is still a little girl who is understanding the way things work in the real world. Mereen is her baptism by fire. As slow as the chapters were, they are important in shaping up Dany's future.

Archived