The Most Defining Moment in A Character's Story Arc?

Arthur Dayne's Honor

For me it was something a bit more sedate; it was when Littlefinger was being his usual cryptic self and throwing hints to Sansa about why Harold Hardyng is called Harry the Heir.

When everything clicked into placed for Sansa and she realised the extent Littlefinger's manipulations around Harry, she went from a ditzy teenage girl with dreams of silver knights and white horses, to someone who suddenly realised how the game is played.

She appeared to like it...I think she'll become a major player in the next two books.

Jon choosing the Night's Watch

Jon re-reciting the Oath and re-committing to the Night's Watch after running off the first time

Maester Aemon telling Jon who he really was and how many times he has had to re-commit to his oath

Dany deciding she would seduce Khal Drogo

Barristan Selmy throwing his sword at Joffrey's feet

Bran committing to joining with the weirwood

“You will never walk again, Bran,” the pale lips promised, “but you will fly.”

Bran and Bloodraven's Yoda and Luke moment.

"Dracarys"

Dany, seeing the horrors of slavery, makes an end of the Slavers. Not as gruesome as the Starks leaving entrails in the trees, but still good.

"I am"

Selmy proving his loyalty and worth while owning the Bastard.

Jon leading the defenses at the Battle of the Wall, and turning down Stannis's offer to be made Lord of WF

Davos smuggling Edric Storm off Dragonstone, and managing to convince Stannis to aid the Wall

For the future, when Sansa kills LF

Tyrion killing Tywin. It broke him and turned him into a self-pitying, sniveling asshole.

Tyrion killing Tywin. It broke him and turned him into a self-pitying, sniveling asshole murderer.

No, it redeemed him. He finally, finally broke away from his asshole father.

If anyone ever deserved to die like that, it was Tywin Lannister.

No, it redeemed him. He finally, finally broke away from his asshole father.

If anyone ever deserved to die like that, it was Tywin Lannister.

Nah, it was too noble for the likes of Tywin.

Theon has two: First when he is captured by Ramsay(When he dies), Second when he rescues Jeyne(The dead rises again stronger)

I would consider Catelyn's stopping of a Valyian blade with her bare hand to save Bran's life is a defining moment to show much she will fight for in the preservation of her children.

I think one defining moment (well, technically more than one moment) is when Davos defies Stannis (and Melisandre), not only sending Edric away but also pulling out the letter from the Night's Watch.

We already knew Davos was basically a good-hearted guy, but this showed me that Davos tends to live dangerously.

Archived