Can Eddard be blamed for Robb's HORRIBLE decision?

Robyn El Telram

How did Ned have any shame for Jon? He brought him to his home and raised him as a son. He was clearly proud of Jon. Other people used it to try to poke holes In eddards unbelievably honorable personality, but from how he acted (and told other people to act, and THOUGHT about Jon) Ned clearly gave no fucks about Jon.

"I dishonored myself and I dishonored Catelyn, in the sight of gods and men.”

That's what he told Robert when asked about Jon.

"I dishonored myself and I dishonored Catelyn, in the sight of gods and men.

That's what he told Robert when asked about Jon.

Touche.

Although it seemed to me like Ned was lying and upping The whole thing to deflect from R+L. He acknowledges Jon immediately and gives him the best upbringing, and then silences everyone (including Cat) when the gossip starts about Jon's mum.

He just didn't realistically perceive Jon with shame, or really act like it at all. That scene with Robert just seemed to me to be "oh shit yeah I'm meant to feel bad". Idk, could just be me.

Ned married to get an army and this helped him win the war, if anything his example should've made Robb keep the Frey deal.

The dumb part about Robb's actions was the marriage, not the fact that he had sex with Jeyne. If he hadn't married her, Walder Frey wouldn't have cared one bit that Robb had a bit of fun on the side.

What does "his responsibility to his wife" has to do with this topic, BTW? Robb wasn't married yet when he met Jeyne.

We actually agree on something? Ew..

Robb's actions are Robb's. No one else's. He made that choice and it wasnt because of anything Ned did.

Archived