So How Long Did It Take You?

Stark Revenge

Good question.

I've been doing the "One POV at a time" re- reads off and on for a while now. I'm currently re-reading Jon, but sometimes as I'm flipping through, I get distracted and end up reading a chapter or six I hadn't planned on reading, e.g. the chapter where Tyrion and Oberyn meet, while I plan on reading only Jon's chapters.

Even so, it's been a fun way to re-read.

Takes me a day to read one of the books, I came to the series with Clash and I read both Game and that one in day, but reading is my only real skill in life.

Having said that, now I just skip huge sections (by POV). But I've read the entirety of the series probably 3 or 4 times now, but individual POVs a dozen or so.

I read through the first four in about two weeks which was a mistake IMO. Thats just way too much information to take in during that short period of time. Granted, the rereads were way more entertaining because of all the information I missed, but I still think I would have enjoyed it more on my first read through by pacing myself a bit more.

Took me about a month to read them in my native language. Then I bought all the books in English and I'm slowly rereading them at work during lunch time. Started in early May and now I'm near the end of AGoT.

I guess TWoW will come out before I'll finish this reread.

I read through the first four in about two weeks which was a mistake IMO. Thats just way too much information to take in during that short period of time. Granted, the rereads were way more entertaining because of all the information I missed, but I still think I would have enjoyed it more on my first read through by pacing myself a bit more.

I found reading it really fast helped me keep track of the characters. When there are hundreds of pages between mentions of minor characters, having read about them a few days previously is the only way I can keep them straight.

From GoT to ADwD it took me three months.

I haven't done a complete re-read of all 5 books since that initial reading (I tend to read the book that applies to the season that's about to air), but I'm planning on doing one at the end of the year - I've got a big to read pile to get through and a tonne of house related decoration work to be done pre-December, but once I've done all that I'll get into them again.

i read the first four back in 2007 in about 27 days and received the biggest trolling of my life (i was at the end of feast and it was very late and i came up on the part labeled "back at the wall" and i was really tired so i put it aside and thought i'd read the epic last chapter tomorrow , i even cleared my day so i can have some time to reflect on it but then imagine how i felt upon actually reading that, uhhg )

when dance came out ,it took me 3 days

as for my rereads , they take time maybe a month per book

It took me a week for each book (I started this July) but on the Re-read I am MUCH slower. I started rereading GoT in the middle of August and just finished with the book last week. I just try to enjoy it now much more than hurrying through it like the first time. I'm gonna start this week with CoK and I don't expect to be finished before Chrisman with studying and working in between.

On my first readthrough - 5 days through the WHOLE series. This was me reading 12 hours per day, taking breaks only during mealtimes/bathroom/sleep. The series was THAT good, I just couldn't stop reading it. Luckily I was on holiday.

On my latest reread, it took me about 2 months to finish the whole series.

Archived