Victarion's Secret?

ugashep

Didn't he get aroused by Asha ( :ack: )? I don't see it and it'd really help if you could quote text to support it.

Now, Ned I can see the arguments for being either bi or gay. But Vic? No.

Her argument is not textual, its just that basically no one is as macho as Victarion is written, therefore he must be compensating for something. I told her maybe he has a little pecker and that I thought Euron gave him hell about that at one point but she didn't think that was it. I think she was just trying to piss me off because I find Victarion's machismo so hilarious.

Violent psychopath being obviously fooled by his smarter, cooler, older brother who used to rape him. What is there to love besides 'I'm badass and competent in killing things"?

I know, I know... His chapters are a nice read because things actually happen. In a few chapters he gets to Essos and gets Dany a fleet, FINALLY.

But I don't like him as a POV. It's like: "Me hate Euron. Me steal Euron's pretty dragon bride. Me sacrifice innocent women but keep fucking Euron's obvious spy".

I mean... Can Victarion get any dumber?

:agree:

I don't think he is gay, either, but on the other hand, he is definitely compensating something.

Euron didn't rape him

Violent psychopath being obviously fooled by his smarter, cooler, older brother who used to rape him. What is there to love besides 'I'm badass and competent in killing things"?

I know, I know... His chapters are a nice read because things actually happen. In a few chapters he gets to Essos and gets Dany a fleet, FINALLY.

But I don't like him as a POV. It's like: "Me hate Euron. Me steal Euron's pretty dragon bride. Me sacrifice innocent women but keep fucking Euron's obvious spy".

I mean... Can Victarion get any dumber?

Where did u get this from?

Well I'm sure people have been making fun of him his entire life, though probably not to his face.

Lol, he's a pure and simple man. I find it part of his charm. He doesn't get people's under-handed jokes about him.

Lol, he's a pure and simple man. I find it part of his charm. He doesn't get people's under-handed jokes about him.

Just for the record, I like Vic too, I think he's hilarious, he does not get the nuance to anything, it's all just kickass. That's why I disagreed with my friend (who is the only person I know in real life who is really into the books as well as the show), I think his machismo, though perhaps cheesy is 100% authentic.

• 11 months later...

Archived