[BOOK SPOILERS] Predictions for TV series: Season by Season

Thousand Islands

I wonder if Slynt will get his head lopped off in the finale. Here's an interesting answer to a question from Kit.

What else do you see happening to Jon Snow this season as far as his development goes?

I think the biggest development that’s ever happened to him happens at the end of this season. There’s a specific scene at the end of this season where you see a real coldness in him, and that comes from various things that have happened this season—not least by the start of the season where we learn that his whole family is dead. He really chooses his side and grows up in a way where there’s no sentimentality left. I think he’s been quite sentimental in the past about things, but this season, there’s no fucking around with it. By the end, he’s a cold person.

Sounds like "Edd fetch me a block".

I wonder if Slynt will get his head lopped off in the finale. Here's an interesting answer to a question from Kit.

What else do you see happening to Jon Snow this season as far as his development goes?

I think the biggest development that’s ever happened to him happens at the end of this season. There’s a specific scene at the end of this season where you see a real coldness in him, and that comes from various things that have happened this season—not least by the start of the season where we learn that his whole family is dead. He really chooses his side and grows up in a way where there’s no sentimentality left. I think he’s been quite sentimental in the past about things, but this season, there’s no fucking around with it. By the end, he’s a cold person.

It does doesn't it? It's probably not a coincidence, that they started setting up the Slynt/Jon Snow tension right off in the first episode either...and we did hear reports that the Starks were going to get some vengeance this season...that could have been referring to more than Arya with Polliver and LSH.

Wow ! I was so sure "Edd, fetch me a block." was gonna be next season but this sounds like it may be one of Jon's final scene of the season.

It could work with an episode 10 like that : election, Jon beheads Slynt, Stannis offers to legitimize him. Could end Jon's season on a very good note.

And yeah, as Winnief said, we're supposed to get some revenge for the Starks this season, so it may work in !

I'm not sure if they are going to do that this season. Maybe in the show he will be the one to kill Ygritte, or he sees Ygritte dead or get killed and he doesn't care. I know it says end of the season, but that could also mean episode 9 IMO.

I'm not sure if they are going to do that this season. Maybe in the show he will be the one to kill Ygritte, or he sees Ygritte dead or get killed and he doesn't care. I know it says end of the season, but that could also mean episode 9 IMO.

I think the way Janos was executed in the books makes it more likely than Ygritte. I can't see Jon killing her (if he does) and him being cold and not sentimental about it. But I can definitely see Jon killing Ygirtte.

I think we have gotten to see enough of Slynt's ugly deeds (Neds betrayal and the killing of Robert's bastards) that we can expect a clean beheading one episode after Jon is chosen as LC. hopefully by the end of this season.

I hope so. Slynt's beheading was such a FUCK YEAH moment when I read it in the book. The best way to end the season for Jon would be the beheading, then Stannis offering him legitimization and Winterfell. Let the Unsullied think about that for 10 months, then come back to season 5 with him refusing.

Wow ! I was so sure "Edd, fetch me a block." was gonna be next season but this sounds like it may be one of Jon's final scene of the season.

It could work with an episode 10 like that : election, Jon beheads Slynt, Stannis offers to legitimize him. Could end Jon's season on a very good note.

And yeah, as Winnief said, we're supposed to get some revenge for the Starks this season, so it may work in !

I hope we also get a "Stannis' nod of approval". I would want that gif.

I think the way Janos was executed in the books makes it more likely than Ygritte. I can't see Jon killing her (if he does) and him being cold and not sentimental about it. But I can definitely see Jon killing Ygirtte.

I could also see them make Jon kill Ygritte.. Although I hope it will unfold as the book would have it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/14/game-of-thrones-joffrey_n_5135715.html

Director Alex Graves really talking up the finale. And some of things he says would lead you to believe that they're going to be putting some things in that are in addition to things we know are going to happen.

Well let me just say this, I directed four episodes [this season] and number two [“The Lion and the Rose”] was the smallest episode. Wait till you see episode 10. The finale is really a finale. It’s not the episode after episode nine, it’s the big one.

There’s no question, the most challenging episode was Episode 10 [of Season 4]. Not only because it’s by far the largest episode that they’ve ever made, but the tectonics and the story are the largest that have ever happened, and that’s not counting the x-number of battle sequences, x-number of gigantic digital effects sequences, and x-number of how many characters are alive and standing and even on the continent when it’s over. It’s a big one. The other thing I’ll say is that every time we went into to do a scene from Episode 10 it was harder, and there was a lot more conversation, a lot more growing pains because things are really beginning to change and it was in the writing. People were having to go places they’ve never gone and did things they’ve never done in extraordinary circumstances. It was really hard and really fun.

For those who have read the books, would you say that they’re not going to know what to expect this season or will be able to predict it?
I actually don’t think that they’ll be able to predict because the second half of the season kind of mixes and merges into a very interesting cocktail of some of books four and five. So it was really like, “Oh wow!” It was really brilliant the way they did it.

Some of the stuff he's describing in terms of scope, special effects and battles in the finale caught me off guard. Obviously, you've got Tyrion/Tywin/Shae, the Moondoor and probably LS taking place but while they are shocking scenes, production-wise and scope-wise, they aren't really large-scale.

Neil Marshall is covering the entire Wall battle in E9 so all the stuff there in the finale should be more about the aftermath. Dany is already well established in Meereen by the finale so I don't imagine there will be anything big production-wise to cover there. I suppose they could have a dragon scene or two (them killing the boy or getting locked up for example) but no battles or anything like that. Oberyn/Mountain is the only big action setpiece at King's Landing and that's in E8. Tyrion killing Tywin just kind of happens, it's not really a difficult action scene.

The only things I can think of as far as armed conflict go are the Hound finally taking the big wound and Arya leaving him for Braavos (my best guess is that this happens at the gates of the Vale since we know that they filmed there. Additionally, Brienne might have a bit of a larger confrontation in the finale which leads her to LS. She mentions in an interview she gets to bite a man's ear off this season.

I'm also wondering if Yara's attack on the Dreadfort is being saved until the finale, making it take place after Theon and Ramsay return from Moat Cailin. From the very quick shots we've seen of it, there appears to be a lot of action going on there.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/14/game-of-thrones-joffrey_n_5135715.html

Director Alex Graves really talking up the finale. And some of things he says would lead you to believe that they're going to be putting some things in that are in addition to things we know are going to happen.

Some of the stuff he's describing in terms of scope, special effects and battles in the finale caught me off guard. Obviously, you've got Tyrion/Tywin/Shae, the Moondoor and probably LS taking place but while they are shocking scenes, production-wise and scope-wise, they aren't really large-scale.

Neil Marshall is covering the entire Wall battle in E9 so all the stuff there in the finale should be more about the aftermath. Dany is already well established in Meereen by the finale so I don't imagine there will be anything big production-wise to cover there. I suppose they could have a dragon scene or two (them killing the boy or getting locked up for example) but no battles or anything like that. Oberyn/Mountain is the only big action setpiece at King's Landing and that's in E8. Tyrion killing Tywin just kind of happens, it's not really a difficult action scene.

The only things I can think of as far as armed conflict go are the Hound finally taking the big wound and Arya leaving him for Braavos (my best guess is that this happens at the gates of the Vale since we know that they filmed there. Additionally, Brienne might have a bit of a larger confrontation in the finale which leads her to LS. She mentions in an interview she gets to bite a man's ear off this season.

I'm also wondering if Yara's attack on the Dreadfort is being saved until the finale, making it take place after Theon and Ramsay return from Moat Cailin. From the very quick shots we've seen of it, there appears to be a lot of action going on there.

The attack on the Dreadfort is happening in Episode 6. You can see the episode number on the clapboard during the weapons featurette.

I have a hard time figuring how there's going to be time in the finale for that.

As I've pointed out before, the Season 3 finale was longer than usual, and with all of the things that happen at the end of ASOS, I could easily see them doing a finale that's closer to 90 minutes (we've heard already that The Children is a monster of an episode, and at this point, what does HBO have to fear?).

Look at how much they were able to accomplish in Mhysa just in the Bran, Sam and Stannis storylines: Bran tells the story of the rat cook, Sam and Gilly meet Brans group, Sam sends them through the wall, Davos has a lengthy chat with Gendry in the dungeon, Sam gets all the way back to Castle black and has a chat with Aemon, between scenes he sends off the ravens, Davos gets the ravens, Davos has his argument with Stannis, Davos sets Gendry free, and finally Davos shows the letter to Stannis.

If they were able to show all of that in one episode, it's not inconceivable that they could do this:

• Open on the initial Lord Commander vote. No consensus.

Stannis offers to legitimize Jon.

They cut out Sam's wheeling and dealing, but still make him instrumental in Jon's election by having him give a rousing speech in his favor just before the second vote. I think this will actually be even better for his character development, and it will save time.

All of that can easily be accomplished before the 30 minute mark. Then Slynt starts mouthing off at Jon, they have some verbal sparring, Edd fetches the block, and Bob's your uncle.

As I've pointed out before, the Season 3 finale was longer than usual, and with all of the things that happen at the end of ASOS, I could easily see them doing a finale that's closer to 90 minutes (we've heard already that The Children is a monster of an episode, and at this point, what does HBO have to fear?).

Look at how much they were able to accomplish in Mhysa just in the Bran, Sam and Stannis storylines: Bran tells the story of the rat cook, Sam and Gilly meet Brans group, Sam sends them through the wall, Davos has a lengthy chat with Gendry in the dungeon, Sam gets all the way back to Castle black and has a chat with Aemon, between scenes he sends off the ravens, Davos gets the ravens, Davos has his argument with Stannis, Davos sets Gendry free, and finally Davos shows the letter to Stannis.

If they were able to show all of that in one episode, it's not inconceivable that they could do this:

• Open on the initial Lord Commander vote. No consensus.

Stannis offers to legitimize Jon.

They cut out Sam's wheeling and dealing, but still make him instrumental in Jon's election by having him give a rousing speech in his favor just before the second vote. I think this will actually be even better for his character development, and it will save time.

All of that can easily be accomplished before the 30 minute mark. Then Slynt starts mouthing off at Jon, they have some verbal sparring, Edd fetches the block, and Bob's your uncle.

:cheers:

Yeah, I think that could work. Though rather than verbal sparring, I see it as Janos deliberately ignoring Jon's orders repeatedly just like the books-those scenes don't have to take too long-just a few minutes spread throughout the episode really.

Also, I wonder if Lysa and the Moon Door might happen earlier than the finale-they've been saying they're having episode 9 or finale style events all through the season, so that might be the ending for "The Mountain and the Viper." That would also fit with the double meaning for episode titles, because Lysa is essentially taking a tumble off the mountain...thanks to the viper she married. :devil:

i actually dont hate the idea of jon killing ygritte. it would have to be for a good reason though, like her about to kill sam. it would make for a really dramatic scene, and i would like to see the aftermath.

i really hope jon is elected lc this season. i dont want to have to wait for next season. it also seems like a good finale to his storyline.

the last episode could be something like

1: vote: no victor

2: stannis offers winterfell

3: show that time has passed ( a couple of days). stannis says they need to to have a commander. sam gives a great speech. jon wins.

im not convinced that "fetch me a block" will happen this season, but i wouldnt be surprised if it does. it makes jon's story end even happier and they wouldnt have to pay the actor next season.

they could have some battle aftermath also or some jon talking to sam about ygritte

i actually dont hate the idea of jon killing ygritte. it would have to be for a good reason though, like her about to kill sam. it would make for a really dramatic scene, and i would like to see the aftermath.

Jon killing Ygritte and Tyrion killing Shae+Tywin in the one episode would get a lot of viewer 'interest'

Archived