College Basketball: A championship is the ultimate goal anyway

MisterOJ

Worst college basketball thread title ever? Probably, but it goes well with the content of the OP :P

Yay, it was Big XII media day today, and an unnamed reporter asked Coach Self one of the dumbest questions in the history of dumb questions:

Question of the day to Bill Self: Has Wilt Chamberlain or Danny Manning reached out to Andrew Wiggins?

I believe Self's response to that Wilt/Manning/Wiggins question: "(long pause) Well, Danny might"

:lmao:

Wiggins is so far in Marcus Smart's head that I expect a complete mental break before we even get to play them. :lol:

From today. From last week.

But I guess he takes after his coach:

“Kansas is still the favorite. (Andrew) Wiggins is, from what I understand, the best player to ever play. I’ve seen him play and he’s really good. They’re still the No. 1 team and should be. They’ve got tons of talent, they’ve got depth, they’ve got the best player to ever play at Kansas and that’s a pretty good deal.”

I'm glad our coach is classy enough not to pull that kind of b.s.

“I don’t think it’s right at all for another coach to talk sarcastically about somebody else’s players.”

And just like everything else coming from Wiggins - he's team first, Wiggins second:

I asked Andrew Wiggins what he expects when he matches up with Marcus Smart and Oklahoma State: "A Kansas win."

REG, curious about your thoughts on some of the reports from Jason King and others I've seen that say Joel Embiid has looked better than Wiggins at practice thus far.

REG, curious about your thoughts on some of the reports from Jason King and others I've seen that say Joel Embiid has looked better than Wiggins at practice thus far.

I think it's all based on how they're performing relative to expectations - Wiggins was supposed to be awesome so anything he does wrong will be nitpicked, but Embiid was supposed to be all potential so everything he does right is highly praised. Watching the Late Night scrimmage and what little I could of the scrimmages this past Saturday Wiggins is clearly the better player, but Embiid's potential is really exciting - especially coupled with the fact that he is picking things up soooooo quickly. It's ridiculous. I was hoping we would have him on campus for two years, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Stan Van Gundy watched a practice or two last week and came away very impressed with Wiggins (and Embiid), so I'm not worried about Andrew. Coach really does want him to assert himself more, and I can see that. In high school he really responded well to negative press, so I hope the national "experts" keep doing what they're doing.

Another Champions' Classic in the works.

Kentucky, UCLA, UNC, and Ohio State. To be played in Brooklyn, Vegas, and somewhere in the mid-West.

The pessimist in me thinks this is Cal's way of getting out of the home and home with UNC. :(

Yeah I don't like the feel of that. With Cal's tendancy to prefer big games in neutral tournament-esque venues, I smell the end of the home/home with UNC.

(Absolutely love the new avatar, Rhom)

Shit just got real. Game on! :d

I can't believe the season is really here!!

Yeap...and a UofL player had four fouls with 9:00 to play in the first half of their exhibition.

:lol:

Yeap...and a UofL player had four fouls with 9:00 to play in the first half of their exhibition.

:lol:

We shot 20 FTs and our opponent shot 19 in the first half. The new rules will definitely require some adjustment.

Archived