Power Couple/ Best Pairing

dmo862000

Edmure and Margaery would have been a strong couple, in how that would create a situation in where the two bread baskets of Westeros are locked into an alliance. Thus, they would basically control the main food supply for the entire kingdom in an almost monopoly force.

Furthermore, Edmure is one of the few lords that actually cares for the small folk, meanwhile Margaery and the Tyrells are one of the fractions that really know how to win over the small folk's loyalty.

Finally, this would align the Tyrells into the greater Baratheon-Stark-Tully-Arryn alliance.

Though, I have also thought that it might have been strong strategic sense if alongside Theon being made to foster at Winterfell if they had also forced Balon to betroth Asha to Edmure. In how, that would have further tied the Iron Islands into the main Seven Kingdoms. Along with ensuring the protection of the Riverlands from further Ironborn raids, just like how Theon's fostering protected the North.

What good are they even if everyone didn't hate them? As it isn't like they hold any particular power, furthermore seen how they don't believe in royalty/inherited leadership in the same manner marrying one doesn't net you anything.

On top of that, Jon already has the Wildlings in his pockets. I think it's pretty clear that most of the surviving Wildlings think of Jon as the succesor of Mance. So he doesn't need to marry one of them to get them in the realm (not that that would work).

On top of that, Jon already has the Wildlings in his pockets. I think it's pretty clear that most of the surviving Wildlings think of Jon as the succesor of Mance. So he doesn't need to marry one of them to get them in the realm (not that that would work).

Jon definitely has Tormund in his corner, that's more important than Val, imo.

Val offers nothing, thus there aren't any potential profits.

Exactly. This isn't who do you want to see together.

:agree:

Anyways, everyone knows that Jon's true love is Sam.

Satin disagrees :fencing:

A lot of interesting responses. Sorry for any confusion in the title. Maybe I should have written "Power Couple/Best Pairing to take, rule and hold the IT." Not based on romance (though if that were to sprout I see nothing wrong with that), simply best and most lucrative couple for political and power's sake.

I vote Tyrion and Sansa. When first reading the books I was praying she would confide in him or warm to him in such a way that they could have made the best of the marriage and maybe come up with a plan to destroy Cersei/Joffrey etc. and rule together. When she is 'working the room' so to speak at Joffrey's wedding Tyrion is even thinking about what a good Queen she would have been.

Archived