Quote issues on forum with Windows 8.1

DreamSongs

I upgraded to windows 8.1 the other day and now I can't quote. If I hit the quote button, it takes me to the reply box but does not show the quote. Its the same with the multiquote function as well...the box shows how many quotes I have selected, but when I click, I go to the reply box and nothing is there.

Also, when replying to a topic the cursor does not show initially and I have to hit 'post' (which gives me the 'your post is empty box). I can then click ok and the cursor shows up.

This happened once before prior to the board being updated, but hasn't been a problem until I did the 8.1 upgrade the other day.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

This isn't even a quote issue anymore. Since upgrading to Win 8.1, I cannot quote, multiquote or even post links to the website. I am not computer stupid and am totally frustrated at this point.

Does anyone have any ideas?

• 2 months later...

This isn't even a quote issue anymore. Since upgrading to Win 8.1, I cannot quote, multiquote or even post links to the website. I am not computer stupid and am totally frustrated at this point.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I believe I can tell you how to fix this. It's an IE11 issue rather than a Win8.1 issue. IE 11 is known to have a lot of compatibility issues, and I've run into this problem myself.

What you need to do is:

1) Load a page on this site.

2) Click the gear symbol in the top right corner, beneath the X.

3) Select "Compatibility View Settings"

4) Click "add" if Westeros is in the text box.

The site should reload and allow you to quote now.

I've just tested this myself.

ETA: Should allow you to paste as well, but the option may not appear when you right click. If it doesn't, either make sure your cursor isn't showing the normal white pointer, or use the keyboard command, (Control V.)

I believe I can tell you how to fix this. It's an IE11 issue rather than a Win8.1 issue. IE 11 is known to have a lot of compatibility issues, and I've run into this problem myself.

What you need to do is:

ETA: Should allow you to paste as well, but the option may not appear when you right click. If it doesn't, either make sure your cursor isn't showing the normal white pointer, or use the keyboard command, (Control V.)

Thanks for the help Ab.

What you need to do is:

I was able to use the 'quote' function, but if I typed anything in with it, I get a message that my message is too short even though it is several lines.

Thank you Ab! You are the best!

I was able to use the 'quote' function, but if I type anything in with it, I get a message that my message is too short even though it is several lines.

Thank you Ab! You are the best!

Trying again.....

• 1 month later...

What you need to do is:

:bowdown: Seven save you!

Hey people, thanks for this! I have NEVER been able to quote. Yes, I'm a damn technotard, but I bet you computer savvy people don't know everything there is to know about trauma emergency room nursing, We all have our areas of expertise and knowledge deficits.

Archived