The Walking Dead: Season 4 - No Comic Spoilers!

Alia of the knife

Huh. Interesting point on Talking Dead. They were saying how Rick was actually saving Carol in a way, since if Tyreese had found out Carol had killed his girlfriend, all bets would be off. Although, Rick made it pretty clear that his decision to leave her was based on his concern for his kids - that somehow he wouldn't trust Carol not to kill THEM if they became sick.

I don't know for sure why he did it, to be honest.

I think TD had a point, because it's true, so in that sense, if Rick did it for that reason along with his personal reasons, I can understand the decision. It is true that had this all come out, there likely would a civil war in the prison.

But I agree with you, I don't know either if not for both reasons.

I was thinking Carol is going to die (although I will be really sad if she does). This would free Daryl to hook up with Michonne. Okay, maybe it was just me that thought they were flirting in a scene last week.

And I so though Bob was the murderer. I didn't suspect Carol at all, although in hindsight it was clear - what with the scenes of her risking her life to get the water pipe repaired ... They never really showed Carol doing these types of things previously. Mark my words, she'll be a casualty this season. <sad face>

Yep, pretty much called it. Well, Carol isn't actually a casualty (yet).

Fo'sho. I guess that leaves the way open for Michonne to move in on Daryl. :leer:

Yep - that's what I think. Daryl won't be happy about Carol being banished, though. I'm curious how he'll take it and what kind of tension it will raise between Daryl and Rick.

Carol displayed how cold she is throughout the episode. Her speech to the girl to stop being scared and "don't call me mommy". When Rick asked her whether it was right to accept the couple, her answer was entirely about pragmatism. When he saw the girl dead, and was naturally sad as anyone hardened in this world could be, she basically didn't give a fuck. "Welp... time to skidaddle!" And pretending her daughter didn't exist well....

Anyway, I definitely sympathise with Rick's decision, even if Tyrese wasn't a factor. But then, I'm still biased in that I consider Carol a piece of shit for what she did. If it's so easy for her to kill someone as a measure of precaution, then she's basically too unpredictable. I mean, what if someone's stuck in a doorway while they're being chased by zombies, and she just up and decides "well, I better kill him 'cause it seems like the zombies will get him anyway". I mean, given her extraordinarily liberal approach to killing, you don't really know if that kind of thing is (or will be) off limits for her.

By the way, I don't entirely understand why Daryl reacted so strongly to Bob's bottle. I mean, I know it's something to get upset about, but it's almost as if it cut him deep and personally. Did I miss something?

I guess I'm in the minority of people who think rick is a complete hypocrite. He banished her for doing something he would and has done. Carl can kill someone in questionable circumstances but Carol can't? Come on.

I will say that I think this will take a negative toll on the group.

And damn, Daryl was lookin good getting his muscle on :p

Edit: I hope she goes to the prison and faces tyrese and takes the girls. She should have faced Tyrese in the beginning. That was her mistake.

I really don't think the comparison between Carl shooting an armed man who just attacked his group, and Carol stabbing someone in the head while they were sleeping is very fair. To me, what Carol did was much worse.

That's fair. I guess I just feel both of them did what needed to be done. Yah, we don't know if they would have turned but what are the odds?

Plus, I just really like Carol's character, so there is that.

What happens when more sick people are murdered and Carol is no longer there? Does Rick then realize its the two crazy girls doing it all along, and that Carol was just covering? Because oh yea, I'm still firmly in belief that is what is going on here. No matter how much evidence seems to mount that it was Carol. It was not.

What happens when more sick people are murdered and Carol is no longer there? Does Rick then realize its the two crazy girls doing it all along, and that Carol was just covering? Because oh yea, I'm still firmly in belief that is what is going on here. No matter how much evidence seems to mount that it was Carol. It was not.

Yeah now that you mention it the way that Carol quickly took responsibility for the killings when confronted by Rick was a little suspicious. It's also a little telling how she asked to take the girls with her before departing. All that said, why would she eventually agree to leave those girls she was supposedly protecting? Obviously we'll see soon enough, but for now, covering for two girls and then essentially abandoning them doesn't sound like something Carol would do. Then again neither does killing two people to prevent sickness...

Yeah now that you mention it the way that Carol quickly took responsibility for the killings when confronted by Rick was a little suspicious. It's also a little telling how she asked to take the girls with her before departing. All that said, why would she eventually agree to leave those girls she was supposedly protecting? Obviously we'll see soon enough, but for now, covering for two girls and then essentially abandoning them doesn't sound like something Carol would do. Then again neither does killing two people to prevent sickness...

Yes, but abandoning them in the prison was the safest place for them. Not out on the road with Carol. Esp with one of them being sick already.

Damn, watching Carol drive away gutted me. Not so much because I thought what she did was right (I definitely did not), or because I'll miss her (though it's unlikely she'll be gone for long) but because I can't stop thinking about how her exile will effect the group. I can't see this being pretty. She had turned into an infection that maybe needed to be cut loose. But I don't know, sometimes overcoming an infection or virus can make you stronger. Or cutting loose an infection could do more harm than good, as we saw with Rick and Lori's relationship after he killed Shane. No matter how sure I was that she would be exiled or executed, I guess I wasn't really ready for it to happen.

I think Rick made both the right choice and the wrong choice. I understand why he did it. If I were there, I wouldn't want a Carol in my group, no matter how valuable she is as a member. It possibly spared Carol's life by exiling her because I'm not sure that Tyreese would be lenient on her just because she's a well-like woman in the group. Problems arising from that would create chaos and in-group fighting. But exiling her also has the potential to cause problems. Carol took it upon herself to murder two people without consulting anyone or telling anyone about it. Rick later took it upon himself to exile her, without consulting anyone. He's no longer the Ricktator. Decisions are made collectively. He was a hypocrite with that. He can't lie to the others because no one would believe that Carol left on her own and even if they did, there's too much risk that she would show up again.

I disagree with Carol that what she did is comparable to what Rick did with Shane. Rick fessed up and told them all what he did, why he did it, and gave them the opportunity to decide if they were ok with it enough to stay with him. Carol didn't fess up on her own and she didn't show any desire to do so. She kept quiet and likely never intended to say anything unless directly asked. But I think the real kicker was that she barely expressed any remorse for it. She wasn't affected, not by Karen and David who she had lived next to for many months or by the two hippies who she barely knew. It was all pragmatic and disconnected with her, as though she was heavily editing her own slideshow to be what she wanted it to be.

I hope Carol comes back on her own and let's it play out how it will play out. I wonder if Michonne and Daryl or Tyreese will switch places with her stopping her hunt and the other two starting the "Hunt for Carol". For different reason, obviously. I can't see Daryl being ok with it, nor can I see Ty not wanting to face his gf's murderer.

I do still kinda hope it was Lizzie who did it, mostly because the writers seem to have created this kid character who barely understands the concept of death, and who may not understand the concept of murder. This character development kinda seems a waste if they don't go that route. They already sort of did that with Carl, but I feel like they glazed over it to quickly. It may not be something they can really explore on primetime, basic cable tv.

I don't believe the one little girl is sick at all. She doesn't seem to be displaying any symptoms, and the one cough that got her put inside looked fake as hell.

Maybe she wanted to be in there to kill more people if it was her who killed the first two and burned them, maybe she's just crazy. Or both, most likely both.

Actually, i believed it was the little girl who had burned the bodies, and pretended to be sick in orded to kill more of them. and Carol even gave her a knife. But in the same episode it was revealed that Carol was the one who did it, so there goes this theory. Unless, in a far-streched scenario, Carol knew it was the little girl and is protecting her.

I do also think as they said on TD, there is a little hypocrisy, aka Carl taking out that kid. He's a kid, but he got no reprimand either. Lori constantly put people in danger, she was part of the reason Andrea was lost, as well as what Rick allowed Shane to get away with before he turned, so a little double standard on Ricks part think.

I think the point of him sending Carol away was to show how he learned something from his Lory/Shane debacle.

Carol displayed how cold she is throughout the episode. Her speech to the girl to stop being scared and "don't call me mommy". When Rick asked her whether it was right to accept the couple, her answer was entirely about pragmatism. When he saw the girl dead, and was naturally sad as anyone hardened in this world could be, she basically didn't give a fuck. "Welp... time to skidaddle!" And pretending her daughter didn't exist well....

Anyway, I definitely sympathise with Rick's decision, even if Tyrese wasn't a factor. But then, I'm still biased in that I consider Carol a piece of shit for what she did. If it's so easy for her to kill someone as a measure of precaution, then she's basically too unpredictable. I mean, what if someone's stuck in a doorway while they're being chased by zombies, and she just up and decides "well, I better kill him 'cause it seems like the zombies will get him anyway". I mean, given her extraordinarily liberal approach to killing, you don't really know if that kind of thing is (or will be) off limits for her.

Pretty mush the way I saw it too. He was waiting for her to show some remorse and she was cold and detached and he made his decision.

I guess I'm in the minority of people who think rick is a complete hypocrite. He banished her for doing something he would and has done. Carl can kill someone in questionable circumstances but Carol can't? Come on. I will say that I think this will take a negative toll on the group. And damn, Daryl was lookin good getting his muscle on :P Edit: I hope she goes to the prison and faces tyrese and takes the girls. She should have faced Tyrese in the beginning. That was her mistake.

When did Rick kill sick members of his group while they were sleeping?

And why do we keep comparing her decision with Carl's? She is adult and we try to excuse her actions by saying "see 10 year old did it anyway why can't she?" We don't expect certain level of understanding of all the shades of gray and all the layers of morality from children but we expect them from adults we are sleeping next to.

I love Carol's character and I loved how she changed,I hate to see her go,and I hope we'll see more of her but that was a bad bad move on her part,feeble excuse and Rich was right to make this decision.

She is valuable member of the group,she can fix your dislocated shoulder...if she doesn't kill you first cause you're liability. Maybe she won't go away,maybe she'll stick around to see if the girls are ok and when sickness is over she could take them with her. Maybe she'll be the one to run into Governor...who knows. I just don't feel this is the last we see of her.

Can't wait to see how the group reacts. Although I have strange feeling Rick might tell them she's dead. That would be an ass move imho.

Someone needs to tell Carol how to prepare for an interview. There was no way Rick was letting her come back after her Shane 2.0 cold reasoning. I doubt it's the last we'll see of the character though as Daryl for one wont be too pleased. Although he seems pretty righteous these days as well (loved his stand off with alcoholic).

I'm guessing the rest of the cast will just completely accept Rick's word that Carol did it. Nice to have the Ricktator back even if he doesn't know it,

Yeah, I agree that killing two people who just might turn is far worse than a kid shooting someone he sees as "the enemy" and in Rick's case, shutting that guy in with the zombies after he had been sabotaging the group. I don't even count Rick's other deeds. They're small potatoes in comparison.

It's possible that the little girl may have stabbed the two and then Carol came along and burned the bodies to cover evidence. I can't see the little girl dragging two grown-ass people around and then setting fire to them. That's more of an adult move. And if this is the case, if Carol didn't, in fact, kill the two, well, Rick's just made one helluva mistake in his first move to regain his Ricktator title.

And is it only me who doesn't like the way Tyreese is going? He's becoming more of a liability than an asset lately.

I just have a general 'science' question about this show. Are babies who were born after the outbreak (e.g. Judith) infected with that virus? This has probably come up numerous times before, but I'm too lazy to search :dunno:

I would assume so, since the mother would have been infected. Plus even if it isn't transmitted to the baby by the mother in utero isn't it airborne anyway?

Actually, i believed it was the little girl who had burned the bodies, and pretended to be sick in orded to kill more of them. and Carol even gave her a knife. But in the same episode it was revealed that Carol was the one who did it, so there goes this theory. Unless, in a far-streched scenario, Carol knew it was the little girl and is protecting her.

I get a bad vibe from that little brat too. I think she killed the sick people because "they'll come back, and they won't be sick anymore." And Carol covered it up/took the fall.

I wonder if she starts knifing fools which causes them to turn and start slaughtering people in the 'sick bay'.

And is it only me who doesn't like the way Tyreese is going? He's becoming more of a liability than an asset lately.

I would have shot Tyreese in the head after the incident with the vines. No discussion, no friendly reasoning of his anger, just "is that Sharon Stone?" he turns around, I put him down.

I'm not a huge fan of guns, and I'm sure as hell not a huge fan of the thought of using them on people, but how long before he snaps and attacks me or my friends? No fucking way. I trust the alcoholic medic a lot more, at least he just wants to take the edge off. Fuck, give me a drink.

Archived