Your top "valid" fan theories about ASoIaF

garywest

LOL that article is so bad. The Others have been "awake" far earlier than the start of the Prologue, and that was back before Dany had even married Khal Drogo. But whatever, I guess a frightened 13 year old girl getting married is the reason they're building an army of ice zombies. :lmao: Seriously, this fandom is the gift that keeps on giving.

GRRM has said that the Others are "misunderstood" because we don't yet know their motivations. But that doesn't mean they're not the villains of the story. GRRM has also said that the true war is beyond the Wall, after all.

Anyway, the theories I'm most confident in are:

1. Daenerys Targaryen is the Stallion who Mounts the World.
  2. R+L=J.
  3. Daenerys and Jon will be a couple at some point.
  4. Arya will be sent to kill Illyrio Mopatis.
  5. Sansa and the Vale will support Daenerys when she claims the Iron Throne.

R+L=J is true. Way too much evidence.

Aegon Blackfyre is almost certain. Illyrio is already richer than anyone else in the story, but he's putting Aegon on the throne because he wants to be Master of Coin? Bullsh*t. He wants his son on the Iron Throne.

Jojen paste is almost certain. Foreshadowing doesn't come any more obvious than:

He told himself he would not eat, that it was better to go hungry than to feast upon a friend, but in the end he'd eaten twice, once in his own skin and once in Summer's.

Tywin was poisoned is the ultimate theory for me. Took me by complete surprise and makes sense.

:agree:

The Ghost of High Heart is the Wood's Witch that Jenny of Oldstone's brought to court

I wouldn't even call this a theory, it's confirmed in the text.

“Oh, aye. My Jenny’s song. Is there another?”

And so he sang, and the dwarf woman closed her eyes and rocked slowly back and forth, murmuring the words and crying. Thoros took Arya firmly by the hand and drew her aside. “Let her savor her song in peace,” he said. “It is all she has left.”

“You are cruel to come to my hill, cruel. I gorged on grief at Summerhall, I need none of yours. Begone from here, dark heart. Begone!”

Yes, Tywin being poisoned is a great theory. But I believe it was Varys who did it, not the Red Viper.

About Jojenpaste, it's interesting, but still a longshot I suppose. Anyway, Jojen will die soon. At least he's sure he will. His description is exactly that of a man who knows he'll die soon.

Sandor = gravedigger, for me, is a fact. It's as clear as R+L=J, if not more.

Green Grace = Harpy is a very strong theory.

Yes, Tywin being poisoned is a great theory. But I believe it was Varys who did it, not the Red Viper.

About Jojenpaste, it's interesting, but still a longshot I suppose. Anyway, Jojen will die soon. At least he's sure he will. His description is exactly that of a man who knows he'll die soon.

Sandor = gravedigger, for me, is a fact. It's as clear as R+L=J, if not more.

Green Grace = Harpy is a very strong theory.

Concur with all. Varys poisoning Tywin, rather than Oberyn, would be a lot more genius on GRRM's part IMO.

Most of mine are in my signature...but I think that Rhaegar WAS planning to depose his father, and that the Tourney of Harrenhall was a way for him to get some lords together and at least feel things out. (The Mystery Knight foreshadows this, in a way)

I think that the younger boy killed at the mill may have been Theon's bastard; we know he's really bad at identifying non-obvious familiar faces (not recognizing Asha).

R+L=J is probably true, but it seems so obvious now that I hope Mance is Jon's real father, having been the young black brother at the Harrenhall Tourney.

Tywin was poisoned, but probably by Varys in order to foment war between the Dornish and the Lannisters, but Tyrion was a good scapegoat after Oberyn was killed.

Jaime will NOT kill Cersei, in fact, I'm hoping that they never see each other again, because fuck Cersei.

I think Aegon will take King's Landing and smash Tommen's face into a wall, the same as was done to the real baby Aegon. This will destroy some of the faith that Varys, JonCon, the Faith, etc. will put onto him as a savior, and set him up perfectly for the Dance 2.0, as a villain. (Dany hates child murder, after all)

Syrio lives, but is not a faceless man.

Jaime and Cersei Targaryen (or Flowers or whatever).

Archived