#1 ~ZombieWife~

~ZombieWife~

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:26 AM

I need to know I'm not alone.  I watch "Once Upon a Time." 

And I hate it.  It's one of the worst television shows in the history of television shows (and I'm including stuff like "Small Wonder," and "Paris Hilton's My New BFF" type crap on that bad list).  

Tell me someone out there hate watches something. Anything.  I'm such a masochist!  I have no idea what to do with myself!  

#2 Warg Arry

Warg Arry

rainbow connection

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:35 AM

I think I know where you are coming from. I tried Dexter and it just didn't click with me. I didn't enjoy it.

Whenever asked if I've seen it. I usually answer with "a few episodes. But I just didn't like it."

Anyone would think I told them I thought their mum is warty old hag or something.

I was usually treated to a rant. And told to stick it out.

Ok I admit there were discussions about Dexter that piqued my interest. But honestly I have a lot of shows I love to watch. A lot of books I'm trying to get a chance to read. I'm not going to stick with something if I'm not feeling it.

I don't mind OUAT though. But I can see why you would hate it.

#3 Reposado

Reposado

Trop de tequila ou pas assez?

• Members
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:56 AM

In some ways there's just not enough time to watch things I hate. I fastforward through weekend update and the talk to the audience part of key and Peele.

Its only shows that were once good that are now awful that I do still watch. I don't want to watch filth but sometimes I have trouble cutting the cord

#4 DaarioKnowsBest

DaarioKnowsBest

Council Member

• Banned
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:06 AM

I love bad shit, I play Mystery Science Theater in my head with it. Or if I'm not alone I do it out loud.

#5 Jabronius Maximus

Jabronius Maximus

Know Your Role

• Members
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:24 AM

I think I know where you are coming from. I tried Dexter and it just didn't click with me. I didn't enjoy it.
Whenever asked if I've seen it. I usually answer with "a few episodes. But I just didn't like it."
Anyone would think I told them I thought their mum is warty old hag or something.
I was usually treated to a rant. And told to stick it out.

Ok I admit there were discussions about Dexter that piqued my interest. But honestly I have a lot of shows I love to watch. A lot of books I'm trying to get a chance to read. I'm not going to stick with something if I'm not feeling it.

I don't mind OUAT though. But I can see why you would hate it.

You did yourself a solid by staying away from Dexter. While seasons 1-4 were glorious, 5-8, especially 8, were bad. The final season was worse than the bad stuff on network TV. We're talking about a show on a premium cable channel ffs!

Edited by Hector Salamanca, 04 November 2013 - 02:25 AM.

#6 Pony Queen Jace

Pony Queen Jace

I Feel Like I Play For The Saints, I Just Want To Hurt You

• Members
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:30 AM

Survivor.

I used to watch every Thursday when I lived with my parents back in the early 2000's, and I kept up with it after I growed up. Last year was surprisingly good, what with the loveable/snarky John Cochran, but I can't do it any more. The grit, agony, and despair that was so great has been replaced for cheap drama. Makes me sad.

I'm not a fan of 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' either, but since I've been on recovery from work, I have to do something to keep the madness at bay.

#7 Kat

Kat

Forza Azzurri!

• Board Moderators
  • 6,412 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:15 AM

I used to hate-watch Glee, but it became so unbearable after the main characters left for college that I couldn't even hate-watch it anymore. 

#8 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Smoke Bomb!

• Members
  • 2,339 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:19 AM

Community season 4 was a season long hate watch for me.

#9 Eugene V. Debspalm

Eugene V. Debspalm

Barbarism and Decadence, Fuck Yeah.

• Board Moderators
  • 11,965 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:21 AM

The Newsroom. I love watching it and loudly explaining to the empty room just how awful, trite and condescending it is. I derive great joy from this. 

#10 Kat

Kat

Forza Azzurri!

• Board Moderators
  • 6,412 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:25 AM

The Newsroom. I love watching it and loudly explaining to the empty room just how awful, trite and condescending it is. I derive great joy from this. 

I was also going to mention this but everyone I know loves it. :( My boss keeps trying to talk to me about it and I have to say things that are polite. :(

#11 Raja

Raja

2 Chambz

• Members
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:16 AM

everyone I know loves it. :(

These people exist? 

I think the only show I hate watched was the first season of Breaking Bad, almost everyone I know loves that show but I could never get into it but I somehow managed to get through the whole season. Also, HIMYM was another one, even though I watched it till about season 5, I barely enjoyed it towards the end. 

#12 Gronzag

Gronzag

Undefined Variable

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:57 AM

'Mentalist'. Dumb show with two super annoying characters (Rigsby and Van Pelt) but i keep watching it 

#13 Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper

ice queen

• Members
  • 6,248 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:58 AM

I sort of hate watched the last half of the final season of Dexter.  I'm not really sure if it counts, though, because it was on in the background and I mostly just wanted to watch ending of the horror that is a Showtime show and have a good giggle.  I didn't watch to hate or comment on it or anything, just for the lulz. I had given it up early on so I was barely up to speed on the plot.  But it was worth being able to be up to speed on the new slang - lumberjacked.  I know exactly what people mean when they say something was lumberjacked. 

Right now, I'm pretty sure I'm hate watching Homeland.  Another Showtime show and I didn't want to get into it because of that.   But I accidentally did and it feels sort of painful to realize that I don't have the self control to give it up.  It's a good show gone terribly bad and it pisses me off that I'm still watching because the terrible doesn't even lead itself to a good giggle. 

#14 Eugene V. Debspalm

Eugene V. Debspalm

• Board Moderators
  • 11,965 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:24 AM

I wanted to hate-watch the last season of Dexter, just because I really loved the first few and wanted the closure, but it was just too incredibly boring to get through. What a waste.

#15 drawkcabi

drawkcabi

lost in the past

• Members
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:32 AM

I hate watched Agents of Shield from episodes 2-4, I'm going to get around to hate watching the next couple episodes, but if the show doesn't get better I don't know how long I can keep going.

#16 Reposado

Reposado

Trop de tequila ou pas assez?

• Members
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:51 AM

thinking about it, the walking dead is the closest to fitting the bill for me. i keep wanting it to be good. and occasionally it has moments of making it seem like its about to get better. then it continues to treat its viewers like they are idiots.

its not like sons of anarchy where im just to far in at this point and multitask while its on. i usually just watch walking dead. its just so easy to pick apart and make fun of that sometimes it feels like i hate it

#17 Ser Scot A Ellison

Ser Scot A Ellison

My children's daddy and Social Justice Warrior!

• Members
  • 41,989 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:51 AM

I watched OUAT last year. After they found Neil and brought in the "anti-magic" folks it just lost me. I haven't watched it at all this season.

#18 Eugene V. Debspalm

Eugene V. Debspalm

• Board Moderators
  • 11,965 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:15 AM

That's not hate-watching, that's just watching something not terribly enjoyable. Hate watching is fun. It's delightful and enthusiastic and involves yelling at the televisions a lot and having a blast.

#19 Muttering Bill

Muttering Bill

Elevated Spiritual Being

• Members
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:30 AM

(and I'm including stuff like "Small Wonder,"

My inner 7-year-old hates you.  Sure, I pobably couldn't stand it now, but at the time I quite enjoyed it.  (Unless this is some new midget reality show you're talking about.  A quick Google search showed me no such thing.)

No, I don't hate watch shows.  I sometimes get stuck watching shows that I don't like.  But I wouldn't purposely put on something that I didn't like when there are plenty of things that I do like, and a limited time in which to enjoy them.

#20 wolverine

wolverine

Wandering Ewok

• Members
  • 4,052 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:32 AM

Also, HIMYM was another one, even though I watched it till about season 5, I barely enjoyed it towards the end. 

i am at that point with the show too.  used to really enjoy it, and we still dvr it, but i can't stand most episodes anymore.

Reply to this topic