Notable Releases
From the Store
Game of Thrones Daenerys Targaryan Poster [large]
Large Daenerys Targaryen Poster
HBO US
Featured Sites
License Holders

Photo

Will Jon Snow be able to warg into a dragon because of his targaryen heritage?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 THE WATCHER IN THE DARK

THE WATCHER IN THE DARK

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

I remember reading somewhere that more simple minded animals are easier to warg into that intelligent ones, I am not sure how intelligent dragons are but does anyone think that Jon will be able to warg into one of them thereby proving himself to be a Targaryen to Daenerys. 

If he can control a dragon then Daenerys and the rest of westeros will have to take him seriously, he might be an even better dragon rider than Daenerys

#2 David Selig

David Selig

Council Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,487 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

Probably, he's the Chosen One and the ultra special snowflake in the series after all.

#3 The Mother of The Others

The Mother of The Others

Council Member

• Members
  • 3,771 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:27 PM

What if the dragon's brain was so fiesty and deep-channeled that it absorbed the attempted warging with room to spare and then, through osmosis, its mind flowed out into Jon's and warged him back like a psychic backdraft that was so weighty it came to encompass the warg?

Also, there was that Supernatural episode last night where Dean used a spell to talk to the dog who witnessed a crime, but a side-effect was that Dean took on dog traits like when Sam threw away a used napkin Dean instinctively fetched it out of the trash and put it back on the table in front of Sam twice as they were talking.  So maybe dragon-warging would be like that, more of a push-pull thing between your mind and its.

Edited by The Mother of The Others, 07 November 2013 - 12:00 AM.

#4 Arya kiddin'

Arya kiddin'

Needle's Sheath

• Members
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

Probably, he's the Chosen One and the ultra special snowflake in the series after all.

Precisely. God forbid if he gets a lightning shaped scar on his forehead...

#5 Lyse Stark

Lyse Stark

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

What if the dragon's brain was so fiesty and deep-channeled that it absorbed the attempted warging with room to spare and then, through osmosis, its mind flowed out into Jon's and warged him back like a psychic backdraft that was so weighty it came to encompass the warg?

Also, there was that Supernatural episode last night where Dean used a spell to talk to the dog who witnessed a crime, but a side-effect was that Dean took on dog traits like when Sam through away a used napkin Dead instinctively fetched it out of the trash and put it back on the table in front of Sam, twice, as they were talking.  So maybe dragon-warging would be like that, more of a push-pull thing between your mind and its.

A interesting concept if Jon ever gets to warg a dragon.

#6 MoIaF

MoIaF

Code Name: Dracanearys

• Members
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:48 PM

Precisely. God forbid if he gets a lightning shaped scar on his forehead...

:lmao:  He does have a scar on his cheek, has anyone verified it's shape yet?

In all seriousness though, both Alysanne and Jaehaerys travelled frequently to the North and their dragons didn't get warged (as far as we know).

Edited by Maester of Ice and Fire, 06 November 2013 - 03:06 PM.

#7 Bright Blue Eyes

Bright Blue Eyes

Scaring Crows

• Members
  • 8,738 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

The dragons intellect is comparable to an ordinary dog. The question isn't whether Jon can warg a dragon (he can, like pretty much every other skinchanger), but why you assume that only Targs could warg a dragon.

#8 MoIaF

MoIaF

• Members
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

IWell, Varamyr had a difficult time trying to control the snow bear and he was an experienced skinchanger. I think if anyone wargs into a dragon it'll be Bran the greenseer.

Edited by Maester of Ice and Fire, 06 November 2013 - 03:48 PM.

#9 Leap

Leap

Social Justice Prole

• Members
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

As Bright Blue Eyes said, dragons are not that smart. Also, why would him being able to warg a dragon prove him to be a Targaryen?

People have theorised that the reason Valyria never attempted to take Westeros was because they knew of Wargs, and feared having their greatest advantage turned against them.

No reason why Jon can't or won't warg a dragon though.

#10 yolkboy

yolkboy

fried by r'hllor

• Members
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

IWell, Varamyr had a difficult time trying to control the snow bear and he was an experienced skinchanger. I think if anyone wargs into a dragon it'll be Bran the greenseer.

He's told he wont walk but he'll fly. I'm with you here.

#11 aceluby

aceluby

Wylla Manderly Fanclub President

• Members
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

He's told he wont walk but he'll fly. I'm with you here.

I've thought that since the first time that line was said.

Bran could skinchange into one of the dragons and allow Jon to ride it.  Once he's done that the dragon will bond to Jon for life...

#12 warrior of the old gods

warrior of the old gods

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

I always thought that bran would warg viserion and jon would be able to control rhaegal himself.

it's fitting considering R+L=J that jon would ride rhaegal

#13 Dagon

Dagon

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:11 PM

Agreed with people here saying Bran is the most likely candidate of being the ultimate Dragon warg. Then again, there are 3 dragons...

#14 MoIaF

MoIaF

• Members
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

I've thought that since the first time that line was said.

Bran could skinchange into one of the dragons and allow Jon to ride it.  Once he's done that the dragon will bond to Jon for life...

How would that work, if Bran is warging the dragon then it isn't itself. Once Bran stops warging it, it won't really recognize Jon.

I don't know all the warging rules but if your mind is being taken over your not really yourself.

Dany is the Mother of Dragons and look how long it took her to bond with Drogon.

Edited by Maester of Ice and Fire, 06 November 2013 - 04:14 PM.

#15 aceluby

aceluby

Wylla Manderly Fanclub President

• Members
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

How would that work, if Bran is warging the dragon then it isn't itself. Once Bran stops warging it, it won't really recognize Jon.

I don't know all the warging rules but if your mind is being taken over your not really yourself.

Dany is the Mother of Dragons and look how long it took her to bond with Drogon.

According to the text the host is simply pushed back, but it's still there, and according to dragon lore only one person can ride each dragon.  But in the end it's just something I think is open to happen and is just as likely to not.

#16 MoIaF

MoIaF

• Members
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

According to the text the host is simply pushed back, but it's still there, and according to dragon lore only one person can ride each dragon.  But in the end it's just something I think is open to happen and is just as likely to not.

But it's still not itself as it isn't in control. It won't make the choice to have Jon ride it. I think part of bonding is having the dragon allow you to ride it.

Honestly, it would be cheap to have Jon ride a dragon under those circumstances. If he can bond with it on his own he doesn't deserve to ride a dragon.

Edited by Maester of Ice and Fire, 06 November 2013 - 04:35 PM.

#17 Valandui

Valandui

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

If he did warg a dragon, it would be due to his Stark heritage.

#18 strangejosh

strangejosh

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:11 PM

I think Bran wargs a dragon before Jon does.

#19 Apple Martini

Apple Martini

The Snarker on the Wall

• Members
  • 20,725 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

I'm comfortable with the idea that one must be a Targaryen-blooded skinchanger and/or a greenseer in order to warg a dragon. Do we have any of those lying around?

#20 John of Mowsley

John of Mowsley

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

lol, brill

aside from humor I think this is wishful thinking despite it being a Song of ice and Fire I think warging onto a direwolf is probably more likely.