Which Chapters Have We Seen?

KJR the PR of TaFW

do you know where you could find the summaries of them??

Scattered throughout this subforum, each in its own thread (except where two were read at the same con?). Some are pinned to the top, some aren’t. I wonder why the latter some aren’t.

A pinned thread, listing, in the first post, all the previews and where to find them might be nice, and I might even find the time to contribute, if so desired.

Which twow chapters have we seen so far?

i know about the Theon & Arianne from GRRM's web page,and of the Tyrion/Barristan/Victarion chapters

around meereen.

were there any others? i wasn't on here for a bit, and want to make sure i didnt miss anything;)

Thanks!

check out this link. This has the readings and the summaries

tinyurl.com/n3oumeg

he's offered to read the damphair chapter at cons before too and everyone always wants a different one; even, if has already been previously read. sifting through all the summaries, details differ. that makes me wonder if some reports are better, as in they were just able to record more details. or if the differing reports were from different readings of the same sample showing revisions and such. I'm hoping that the damphair chapter gets read at one of his appearances in australia this november. iirc, there is one tomorrow

what was the second tyrion chapter? i didnt see that one.

The first was where him and brown ben are playing cyvasse and ends when Mormont comes in talking about the ironborn. The second chapter has Tyrion get ready for battle and shows that the battle has already been won by Barristan. The Yunkish are desperately trying to get the sellswords to fight and all they do is laugh. At the end both brown ben and the tattered prince declare for Dany. I can't remember if we see that tattered prince or not.

The first was where him and brown ben are playing cyvasse and ends when Mormont comes in talking about the ironborn. The second chapter has Tyrion get ready for battle and shows that the battle has already been won by Barristan. The Yunkish are desperately trying to get the sellswords to fight and all they do is laugh. At the end both brown ben and the tattered prince declare for Dany. I can't remember if we see that tattered prince or not.

when did he read the second one? i never heard of it :crying:

• 3 weeks later...

he's offered to read the damphair chapter at cons before too and everyone always wants a different one; even, if has already been previously read. sifting through all the summaries, details differ. that makes me wonder if some reports are better, as in they were just able to record more details. or if the differing reports were from different readings of the same sample showing revisions and such. I'm hoping that the damphair chapter gets read at one of his appearances in australia this november. iirc, there is one tomorrow

What's wrong with people?! I reeeeally want to know what's in that Damphair chapter!

What's wrong with people?! I reeeeally want to know what's in that Damphair chapter!

I assume a lot of them hadn't read/heard summaries of the others. or they thought he would give away the ending for the battle for mureen. I'm hoping the next time he gives a reading, he doesn't give the audience a choice and just reads the damphair chapter...

• 3 months later...

3 Arianne

-One, she is in Dorne when they get news of Aegon's landing. Doran sends her off to gather more info.

-Two, the sample chapter released on GRRM's website

-Three, Arianne arrives at Griffin's Roost, but Aegon is not there. She decides to go to Storm's End to meet him.

2 Tyrion

-One, he's shooting the shit with the Brown Ben. Floats the idea of switching back to Dany's side, chapter ends with the Iron Born showing up in the Bay.

-Two, the one just released for the app. Tyrion preps for battle, the Second Sons switch sides at the end of it. The Windblown have also joined Dany.

2 Barristan

-One, he preps the forces for battle

-Two, they charge out, he spots the Iron Born in the bay and rejoices that the Yunkish are trapped between the 'hammer and the anvil'

1 Vic

-He recruits three guys to blow the dragon horn and gives a rousing speech before they head off to battle in Meereen.

1 Theon

-The first sample on George's website. Stannis signs with the Iron Bank, and Theon is (supposedly) being prepped for execution before a Weirwood.

1 Damphair

-Hasn't been read, but we know it exists. Damphair gets up to some "disturbing" stuff in the Iron Islands according to GRRM.

1 Sansa

-No idea what it contains, but it is supposed to be "controversial".

So that's 11 chapters total that we know of. We know the content for 9 of them. The books in this series have averaged between 70-80 chapters, excluding AFFC (46). So we've gotten ~1/7 to 1/8 of the book so far.

Archived