What happens when Jaime lannister meets Dany?

manderin

Dany will have him on trial to bring him to "justice".(Or just hear what he has to say before she burns him alive.)

Assuming that Barristan hasn't told Dany how it is about her father I'm hoping Jaime will stand his ground and stay by his views and tell Dany her dad was whacko, and then get burnt alive by Drogon.

I just really want to see Jaime stand his ground, even when staring down Drogon I want to see him stay fearless.

Dany will have him on trial to bring him to "justice".(Or just hear what he has to say before she burns him alive.)

Assuming that Barristan hasn't told Dany how it is about her father I'm hoping Jaime will stand his ground and stay by his views and tell Dany her dad was whacko, and then get burnt alive by Drogon.

I just really want to see Jaime stand his ground, even when staring down Drogon I want to see him stay fearless.

I pray to the old gods and new that Jaime doesn't die in this way. If Dany can't accept that her father was batshit crazy, then maybe she's madder than we all thought. The fact that she was going around calling Ned a "Usurper's Dog" makes me want to slap her, Joffrey-style.

I think he would fall into a pile of blubbering mess at the first sight of her. The guilt would just be too much. I'm not sure he would be able to face her. Am I right?

I have a feeling neither will live that long, but I think he'd just say what he said to Brienne in the bathhouse (what really happened) and what he said to Rhaegar in his dream. Rhaegar blames him for not protecting his wife and children. “I never thought he’d hurt them.”

I pray to the old gods and new that Jaime doesn't die in this way. If Dany can't accept that her father was batshit crazy, then maybe she's madder than we all thought. The fact that she was going around calling Ned a "Usurper's Dog" makes me want to slap her, Joffrey-style.

I don't think Dany is mad, both Viserys and Aerys showed signs of madness when they were young and also Aerion Brightflame aswell.

We haven't seen such of Dany and Barristan that has worked with targs for years hasn't noticed any signs of madness.

I don't think Dany is mad, both Viserys and Aerys showed signs of madness when they were young and also Aerion Brightflame aswell.

We haven't seen such of Dany and Barristan that has worked with targs for years hasn't noticed any signs of madness.

Barristan wants to believe in Dany the Good and doesn't want her to be crazy though.

This is the same person who started touching people with the Pale Mare and said "HUURRR I AM TEH BLOODZ OF THE DRAGONS I AM 2 GOOD FOR DISEASES" She might just be extremely arrogant or she is mad.

Something's gotta give either way.

Barristan wants to believe in Dany the Good and doesn't want her to be crazy though.

This is the same person who started touching people with the Pale Mare and said "HUURRR I AM TEH BLOODZ OF THE DRAGONS I AM 2 GOOD FOR DISEASES" She might just be extremely arrogant or she is mad.

Something's gotta give either way.

That doesn't prove she is mad though. She has been white washed by Viserys so its just what she believes, GRRM even said it "Dany doesn't know who to believe" that doesn't make her mad naive would be a better word.

The Kingslayer will be dead and gone before Dany reaches Westeros.

I find that unlikely as Jaime still has to fulfill his role as valonqar.

If Dany meets Jaime, he is probably going to die horribly. Tyrion might betray Dany to save Jaime though.

He will be brought before Dany after he is captured in battle in the second Field of Fire like King Loren was and since she is heir to her father's secrets, he will reveal the reason for killing her father. Tyrion will vouch for him given that he learned from the pyromancers that there are hidden caches of wildfire underneath KL from her father's reign. Tyrion will release Jaime at night, and help him escape to repay Jaime for helping Tyrion escape with his life in KL. That will be the last time they ever see each other, and they have one last moment together as brothers. Tyrion is Dany's betrayal for love.

I suspect that if Dany and Jaime ever meet and Barristan the Bold is still around, he would vouch for Jaime and Dany would accept him into her Queensguard.

Barristan hates Jaime, thus why would he vouch for Jaime?

Ridding us of the most currently prominent member of a house of Mary Sues with a Master Race doctrine and whose historical claim to fame was being able to only win by magical flying fire-lizards (aka cheatcode) would make Jaime even more likeable as a character than he has been for me ever since ASoS.

Jaime killed Aerys, therefore Jaime=complete prick end of.

I suspect that if Dany and Jaime ever meet and Barristan the Bold is still around, he would vouch for Jaime and Dany would accept him into her Queensguard.

And then he will be known as Queenslayer!

Daenerys: Ser Jaime, I have been told that you are a murderous traitor and a kingslayer. Ser Barristan, do you have anything to add?

Barristan: Also, he had an incestuous relationship with his sister.

Daenerys: What's wrong with that?

Barristan: ...absolutely nothing, Your Grace.

Dany should die if she does become King and keeps Jamie in her Kingsguard. Anybody who keeps Jamie in their Kingsguard or gives him the task to protect a King deserves whatever betrayal he heaps on them.

Any king who behaves like Aerys deserves whatever betrayal is visited upon him.

I think Jaime has always faced up to the duality of what he did.

He did save the city. He would do it again.

But he also did kill the king he was sworn to protect unconditionally. He had devoted his life to that duty, by choice.

I have never seen Jaime to be a man who flinches from hard truths or who needs simple cookie cutter black and white moralism to feel justified. He makes the best choice he can and lives with it, period. I believe he has never told a soul about why he killed Aerys, even if it would excuse him to many because it doesn't excuse him to himself. He knows there are 2 parts to what he did. The part that's about Aerys, and the part that's about him. He owns both like a man, and would regard the 180 some would do if he explained as just as worthy of contempt as he regards their current position based on ignorance and assumptions.

I think the same about pushing Bran. I think he has never shied away from the wrong in what he did, and I believe he would do it again in the same situation. He made his choice with open eyes, and he lives with it. He does not pretend to himself that it wasn't a horrible thing to do, but he did it because the alternative was worse.

He's a lot like the Hound, really. Just that he grew up as a privileged beautiful boy devoted to his sister. But his chore values, his honesty with himself and his contempt for simplistic moralism is almost a carbon copy of Sandor's.

I think he wouldn't explain himself to Dany because her forgiveness or understanding would be meaningless to him, even if they were possible. I think the only people whose understanding would mean anything to him are Rhaegar and maybe Arthur Dayne. He needs something else from his mother.

I hope that whoever Jaime serves as king at that moment (let's randomly say Jon Snow) they'll meet and sue for peace.

"A king can do as he likes"

" Aerys did as he liked, ser Jaime, could you please tell us what happened to him "

" I stabbed him in the back"

" Why?"

Daenerys: Ser Jaime, I have been told that you are a murderous traitor and a kingslayer. Ser Barristan, do you have anything to add?

Barristan: Also, he had an incestuous relationship with his sister.

Daenerys: What's wrong with that?

Barristan: ...absolutely nothing, Your Grace.

Daenerys: what's wrong with it? He's not blood of the Dragon! How dare he act like a Targaryen!

Barristan: Right you are your Grace.

If I recall correctly these two haven't met yet... at least not since Dany was a toddler. Did you think about what the impact would be if they meet as adults?

In the book it seems that Jaime has a powerful feeling of great loyalty toward Reagor and his family (aside from the mad king). Even more of a loyalty to them than he does to his own lannister family. After all he told the Mad King not to trust his father and not to Tywin and his army through the gates. He also wanted to save Reagor's mother from being brutally raped by the Mad King and felt horrible that he wasn't able to... then he also failed at saving her from death at the hands of Gregor. He also begged Reagor to let him fight by his side and help him at the trident. Reagor refused saying that he needed Jaime to protect the castle while he was gone. After trusting Jamie with this task his last words to Jaime were that when he returned he would make changes to the Kingdom - strongly implying that he would remove his mad father from the thrown.

Looking at all of this, it seems to me that if Jaime were to meet Dany for the first time after all these years he would probably just fall apart with emotion. To go for so many years pushing away the memories of how he was unable to keep his promise to Reagor to protect his family..and how he himself was involved in the slaying of his father- and then suddenly to have Dany before him, how could he even take it? To avoid all those memories and emotions only to have them thrown back you... having a replica of Reagor's eyes suddenly staring back at him in the form of his little sister.

I think he would fall into a pile of blubbering mess at the first sight of her. The guilt would just be too much. I'm not sure he would be able to face her. Am I right?

I think you are right, but Dany has so many false pretences and flase information and to add to that Jamie has only ever told one person about the sacking and the events that followed, i think Dany being the ignorant targ she is would kill him, and jamie wouldnt stop her if that was the case, becaue of this loyalty to Reagehr

Archived