What happens when Jaime lannister meets Dany?

manderin

I never said anywhere in that post she was going to deliberately kill innocent people. There is a difference between losing concern for innocent life and targeting innocent life. I was referring to people caught in the crossfire between her armies and opposing armies.

Enemies is a vague term, lords tend to see the smallfolk of the lords they are fighting against as enemies, and this was not exclusive to Tywin but also to Hoster Tully.

Peace requires compromise from both sides with both sides having to acquiesce to each other's wishes. While Dany acquiesced to the Yunkai'i's wishes, they also acquiesced to some of her wishes, such as allowing Meereen to be under her control and slavery to be abolished there. As Jon understands: “A fair bargain leaves both sides unhappy, I’ve heard it said.”

“I am the blood of the dragon,” she told the grass, aloud.

Once, the grass whispered back, until you chained your dragons in the dark.

. . .

"I will never have a little girl. I was the Mother of Dragons."

Aye, the grass said, but you turned against your children.

Peace doesn't actually require a compromise from both sides. In wartime, peace is achieved by destroying the opposition's will to fight, not necessarily by eliminating all of the opposition. If you look back to the last war we actually won (WW2), we destroyed the will of both the Germans and Japanese (also the Italians, but they surrendered halfway thru). Both German and Japan had enough soldiers and civilians to continue the war, Japan especially. Japan had upwards of 5million soldiers in 1945 that could be used in defending the Home Islands from invasion. Germany, while depleted, could still have waged a very effective guerrilla war, much like the Meereenese Great Masters were doing. The Allies destroyed the will of the OKW to resist. Once Hitler and the rest of the high-ranking Nazis were out of the way, the military immediately surrendered. This was the goal of Operation Valkyrie: to eliminate the Nazi leadership and surrender before the country was destroyed. With Japan, the will to resist was ended both thru the use of nuclear bombs and the impending Allied invasion of the Home Islands. In both cases, the threat of utter destruction ended the will to resist. Had Dany been more ruthless, i.e. Unconditional Surrender ala the Allies, she would have broken the will of the Sons of the Harpy. I ultimately argue that she should have eliminated completely the Great Masters. That would have destroyed any effective resistance by removing Command and Control. Also it would serve to demonstrate that any resistance would lead to utter devastation. We left the choice to the Axis: surrender unconditionally or face extinction. They chose surrender, occupation, and no guerrilla warfare. Dany would have been better served had she given a similar choice to the Meereenese.

Peace doesn't actually require a compromise from both sides. In wartime, peace is achieved by destroying the opposition's will to fight, not necessarily by eliminating all of the opposition. If you look back to the last war we actually won (WW2), we destroyed the will of both the Germans and Japanese (also the Italians, but they surrendered halfway thru). Both German and Japan had enough soldiers and civilians to continue the war, Japan especially. Japan had upwards of 5million soldiers in 1945 that could be used in defending the Home Islands from invasion. Germany, while depleted, could still have waged a very effective guerrilla war, much like the Meereenese Great Masters were doing. The Allies destroyed the will of the OKW to resist. Once Hitler and the rest of the high-ranking Nazis were out of the way, the military immediately surrendered. This was the goal of Operation Valkyrie: to eliminate the Nazi leadership and surrender before the country was destroyed. With Japan, the will to resist was ended both thru the use of nuclear bombs and the impending Allied invasion of the Home Islands. In both cases, the threat of utter destruction ended the will to resist. Had Dany been more ruthless, i.e. Unconditional Surrender ala the Allies, she would have broken the will of the Sons of the Harpy. I ultimately argue that she should have eliminated completely the Great Masters. That would have destroyed any effective resistance by removing Command and Control. Also it would serve to demonstrate that any resistance would lead to utter devastation. We left the choice to the Axis: surrender unconditionally or face extinction. They chose surrender, occupation, and no guerrilla warfare. Dany would have been better served had she given a similar choice to the Meereenese.

Sorry. I lost track of the OP and got on a soapbox. (Getting down) It will be interesting to see if the 2 even meet. It depends so much on other variables and the input other people will have in shaping the attitude of Dany towards Jamie. I don't see Jamie begging for forgiveness for Aerys but he really seems to regret what happened to Rhaegar's children, given the fact of his dream of Rhaegar and the other KG. I can see him wanting to try to make amends somehow for the death of the children and trying to help Rhaegar's sister as a means of restitution for failing to prevent their deaths.

Peace doesn't actually require a compromise from both sides.

In Dany's case it does since she didn't defeat the Yunkai'i and decided not to fight them and make a peace instead. That kind of deal requires compromise if neither side is subdued.

• 4 months later...

Dany has a vision in the House of the Undying in ACOK of her father on the IT screaming at the Pyromancers "Let Robert be king of ashes, charred bones and cooked meat"

These words are remembered verbatim by Jaime in his POV in ASOS, while reflecting on the regicide of Aerys.

I can see Dany's forces catching Jaime at some stage, and he will somehow get a chance to tell her of her father's plans to nuke KL, and he will qoute the words, jogging her memory of the vision of the same.

She will have a dilemma on her hands to be sure...

• 3 months later...

Jaime never met Dany, even when she was a toddler.

If they ever do meet, Dany will kill him slowly and painfully. There's probably no one she hates more.

Yunkishmen, Slavers, people who abuse and exploit others, Tywin Lannister, Robert Baratheon, the list is endless.(I almost included Viserys, but he is kinda contravorsial in this matter)

Barristan wants to believe in Dany the Good and doesn't want her to be crazy though.

This is the same person who started touching people with the Pale Mare and said "HUURRR I AM TEH BLOODZ OF THE DRAGONS I AM 2 GOOD FOR DISEASES" She might just be extremely arrogant or she is mad.

Something's gotta give either way.

Touching People with Pale Mare, Reminds me more of Someone like Mother Teresa, rather than someone who is mad.....I am no dany fan, but still.....There

Cercei's prophecy

Mixed with this dany prophecy of dauther and death and dont seperate the end into different sentence;

It could be interpretted;

1-Dany returns where she feel home(Essos), weakened after the war(little girl)

2-Even still she is weakened, she leaves westeros will being on the winning side. (Dothraki way, dragging the foe's body being your horse)

3-Jaime(the white Lion) is with her in her trip to Vaes Dotrak in the Dothraki Sea(or he follow her)

4-Dany takes command of the Dothraki, the old crone approve her

5-Dany finally stop Slavery in Essos. (And I assume it will take years, some forshadowing with Olive Trees predicted some 21year if i remember)

How can Westeros be her home when she lived her entire life in Essos, to her they will be some alien race.

She will win Jaime's heart or alliegence, causing Cercei's demise.

ETA: Dany's fanboy will be happy to see her alive and Queen at the end, and Stannis lover (me) will be happy to see her gtfo and let him rules Westeros in peace. :D

Hum.....There is one little poison dart in your apple tart.....

If Dany is going to stay in Meeren....What the fuck was her story required for???????

Archived