Small Questions v 10018

Stubby

Hour of the wolf, hour of the bat, hour of the owl, hour of the woodchuck, has anybody sorted all of these out?

I think hour of the wolf is the "longest darkest" hour of the night as per Selmy

There are also the eel and ghost, buts me in the mind of those Mandarin movies where some guy with a gong runs around yelling the hour all throughout the movie. :)

Hour of the wolf, hour of the bat, hour of the owl, hour of the woodchuck, has anybody sorted all of these out?

There's an old thread about that having had some (comparatively) recent activity through the Princess and the Queen excerpt. The summary is: We don't have enough data to determine it completely, but we know of 6 different hour of the night and their order seems to be

Bat --> Eel --> Ghosts -> Owl --> Wolf --> Nightingale

There might be further hours in between though.

So could someone point me into the direction of the Stannis theory that he may use Arnolf karstark to fake his death or something of the sort?

There is a thread on the WOW subforum with a title that says something about chekovs gun being proof that he will do. And it pops up in the battle of winterfell/ battle of Ice threads in the same place. I can't do spoiler tags on my phone so I can't explain it. It comes from information in the theon gift chapter

Archived