Aussies: Even an American Can Start a Thread About Them

MercenaryChef

I'm curious about which ones the foreigners are getting wrong.

The two I got wrong were the colours worn by the Wiggles (I'm colourblind and don't have kids) and the one about the cane toads.

more important...

how amazing are you people? come one! you live in a country almost completely inhospitable to human life filled with venomous creatures and yet there are still by all accounts no less than five hundred of you alive.

son of a bitch! amazing!

Inorite?

But it's not that hard to understand. Most of the venomous things are found in the ocean, the desert or the bush. Most of us live where the venomous things don't. Of course, take away the coast, the desert and the bush and there's not much left.

I'm curious about which ones the foreigners are getting wrong.

The two I got wrong were the colours worn by the Wiggles (I'm colourblind and don't have kids) and the one about the cane toads.

I actually got both of those wrong... :shrug: I got the fanging one right.

more important...

how amazing are you people? come one! you live in a country almost completely inhospitable to human life filled with venomous creatures and yet there are still by all accounts no less than five hundred of you alive.

son of a bitch! amazing!

Inorite?

But it's not that hard to understand. Most of the venomous things are found in the ocean, the desert or the bush. Most of us live where the venomous things don't. Of course, take away the coast, the desert and the bush and there's not much left.

2 nights ago. While getting my son ready for bed. I dropped his PJs bent down to pick them up and saw a Brown ( at least that's what the guy said that came to take it away.) under his bed. I've been getting chills every 5 minutes since and we are trying to figure out how it got in.

2 nights ago. While getting my son ready for bed. I dropped his PJs bent down to pick them up and saw a Brown ( at least that's what the guy said that came to take it away.) under his bed. I've been getting chills every 5 minutes since and we are trying to figure out how it got in.

That's not a good one to find under the bed, mate. :stunned:

I must admit that the closest I've come to a venomous snake is in the car, when you see them stretched out across a couple of lanes to sun themselves. I'm not worried about admitting that if I was in your situation I might have shat myself.

I must admit that the closest I've come to a venomous snake is in the car, when you see them stretched out across a couple of lanes to sun themselves. I'm not worried about admitting that if I was in your situation I might have shat myself.

While not venomous, I got myself bitten by a carpet python the other day. Didn't hurt as much as I thought it would, but I wouldn't recommend it :P

I got 17/25 on the quiz.

Once I had the situation under control. I admit to a small moment of screaming and running/jumping on the spot. Sounds weird I know. But the adrenaline rush was full on in that moment.

To be fair. While I live in Suburban Brisbane. About 2 blocks behind us is bush leading up to and covering the mountain behind us.

@Rinzy Were you playing Steve Irwin with an unsuspecting carpet snake? Cause you know they don't like that.

18/25, still Australian according to the criteria.

Call me old fashioned but it doesn't seem like an Aussie thread without a number, even if that number is made up...

Made up? WTF? yeah I know it is 10 or 20 behind the thread count but it is definately not made up. There has been an Aussie thread since around 2001

that means lots of threads started and closed.

Made up? WTF? yeah I know it is 10 or 20 behind the thread count but it is definately not made up. There has been an Aussie thread since around 2001

that means lots of threads started and closed.

I'm aware of the vast number of threads we've had, I may not have been posting since then but I've been lurking since then. It may have been more accurate to say estimated or guessed number, but I believe the original phrasing gets that point across...

And now Rudd's leaving which hopefully helps seal the end to quite a dysfunctional era. If it was me I would have spun it to say I had high hopes for the new parliamentary term but after seeing the government in action for a couple days couldn't bear the thought of 3 years of it...

So, some distant cousin I barely know got a hold of me and sent me a package which arrived today. A bunch of old family photos and stuff. Including one of my great grandad on my mum's side in his Anzac uniform before he got shipped off to France in 1918. So I rang my mum and ... this was news to her. Apparently nobody in the family knew about it.

Anyway, among the photos was this little pocket bible that he carried with him in France, and on the front page is this inscription; "To Syd, from your beloved friend Ivy, 14/2/18. God be with you, til we meet again." Awwwwwww.

Also one of the photos doubles as a postcard with a letter to his mum on the back, where he says France is "nice" and tells her not to worry because he'll be home soon (which he was right about, I guess)

I need an Australian dish for a multicultural potluck. The complication is that I don't have access to an oven. I'm also vegetarian, and as a general rule better with desserts than savouries. I was thinking of doing a tweaked no-bake version of Anzac biscuits, although that may be sacreligious and/or illegal. Any other ideas?

Archived