Female Fans

Freesword

Who said it was unrequited? Or did you skip the chapter where Robert and Ned consecrate their union beneath the heartree?

I must have missed it. Was it near the middle of the book? Was it before the chapter where Sansa has a threesome with Jaime and Brienne, or after the chapter where Stannis declares Davos his true queen?

Or maybe the chapter didn't exist at all, and you're imagining things. The strange brain of a female fan is a mysterious thing.

I don't want to turn this into a "thing," but the question presented in itself is condescending. I know it's not meant to be, but asking the question in the first place presupposes that there would be some inherent reason for women- as a whole- to enjoy this series as opposed to men, and that there is some "female perspective" that can illuminate this phenomenon.

:agree:

Funny how now one ever enquires while male fans enjoy the series.

Shall I create the thread?

It might be interesting, to see males put in a position when they should justify their hobby of choice. Damn, how I have always hated being put right there.

Why bother, everyone knows it's because of the awesome sex scenes Martin writes.

Speaking for myself and not every female who reads the books, I like the Dany/Daario scenes. Dany/Drogo first night was pretty good, as was "This night I would look on your face."

On a serious note, OP. I can say, without reservation, that no female in the world likes Roose. It's a collective agreement we've made. The leeches are a huge turn-off because ewwww bugs.

Well, I guess this is as good time as any to admit the real reason I'm into Roose is the pink. Of all the characters I think he'd look cutest in my Barbie Dream House, which is the only way I'm able to understand plot. :blush:

It might be interesting, to see males put in a position when they should justify their hobby of choice. Damn, how I have always hated being put right there.

Honestly, I think we already know the answer. Males like the series because of the fights. That's why only males create "who would win in a fight" thread.

Well, I guess this is as good time as any to admit the real reason I'm into Roose is the pink. Of all the characters I think he'd look cutest in my Barbie Dream House, which is the only way I'm able to understand plot. :blush:

You must love Ramsey then?

I personally do not know any female fans of the book series, but there seems to be quite a few on the forum. Just wondering about the female viewpoint. (likes, dislikes, favorite characters, ect.)

Ok, first I would like to apologize if the post offended anyone. It wasn't meant to. To clarify, I was thinking more of a individuals view, not that men and women don't have similar viewpoints or experiences. I think Butterbuds is right. I'll just read the other postes on specific topics.

Archived