Unpopular opinion

Das_Boof

I'm really not hot about the GNC. Putting everything else aside, you could argue that the Northern bannermen got Robb killed by crowning him. I do not think that they are going to rush in and put another boy/young adult on the throne again. If the Northern Lords have any plans about Jon i think they will move very slowly.

I've always hated the Oded Fehr fancasting for Oberyn.

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN! /Molly Weasley

Srsly, bby i havent seen you in ages!

But this...You take that back! :P

I like Rhaegar and i think hating him is actually the more popular opinion in this neck of the woods.

I think Darkstar is pretty fun. Hes so hammy and wonderful...I hope he does something awesome soon.

I think Lemore is Wylla. :B

Sallador Saan is one of the coolest people on GRRTH.

I dont think Barristan is going to survive the series.

I'm not sure if this is about "Unpopular opinion on this board" or "Unpopular opinion on general ASOIAF fandom", because this is one of the most fragmented fandoms I've ever observed. But where this board is concerned, it seems these opinions of mine are in the minority:

1. I do not think it would be poetic justice for Jaime to be the valonquar that kills Cersei.

2. I don't think Lady Stoneheart will be "given the Gift" by one of her children.

3. I don't think all Freys deserve to die.

4. I don't simultaneously think of Pod as a complete innocent victim of Lady Stoneheart, but that Sansa, at the same age, is a fully grown woman who should be judged harshly.

5. That being said, I don't find Sansa to be a completely innocent victim who has no responsibility for anything questionable she does, but I don't find her to be a stupid, selfish sociopath who only cares about herself. I think the truth is somewhere between those two extreme, polarizing positions.

6. (Really minor point and more a pet peeve than anything important): I don't think it's a given that Robb would have chosen Roslin Frey as his queen if he hadn't married Jeyne Westerling. Roslin isn't a drop-dead beauty like Dany. She's pretty enough to make Edmure, who was fearing he'd get a really ugly bride, fall for her, and pretty enough to be an apparent slight to Robb, but that's all, and there's no sign Robb is as shallow as Edmure. He seems quite besotted with Jeyne, but mentions her looks exactly once.

7. I think that when Robb tells the Frey girls that the reason he broke his marriage contract was "because I loved another", he was telling the truth. (As it seems most people here go with the "Robb married Jeyne out of a sense of honor alone, and didn't love her at all when he married her" take on the whole thing, especially in comparison to the TV version of Robb.)

8. I don't think all prophecies in the series are fated to come true, or at least, not in the most obvious ways.

9. I think Cat's treatment of Jon is meant to be a flaw in her character, but an understandable, forgiveable one. (As opposed to it either being completely justified, or evidence Cat is a cruel, evil "stepmother".)

I guess some of this is based on my impression that the most active posters here are fierce partisans for or against certain characters, either loving or hating them, whereas I really don't have such strong feelings about any particular one.

I think accepting the KitN title was a bad, very bad idea. The North always faces the worst of winter and faces it first-by engaging in a war of independence in autumn, he pulled away vital manpower needed for harvesting, antagonised the IT when the North would need the other six kingdoms to help survive till spring and further distrupted harvests in the Riverlands.

He ought to have listened to Cat, bit his tongue ans exchanged Jaime for Sansa, made peace and returned to WF. Revenge can wait for spring.

and there's no sign Robb is as shallow as Edmure.

I don't see why Edmure is particularly shallow just because he was upset at being forced to marry a woman that he has never seen.

I didn't mean Edmure was particularly shallow, I just meant that there seems to be this assumption that Roslin is the only female Frey who is, well, "un-ugly" enough for any man to willingly wed her. (I know Edmure didn't quite willingly wed her, but he does seem quite happily surprised at her not being ugly, and seems to retain affection for her even knowing she knew about the Frey plots.) I don't think Robb would make being "un-ugly" the paramount criterion for choosing a wife, if he was doing so merely out of practical concerns.

I could care less about Jon Snow's parentage.

I think Rhaegar Targaryen is the worst character in the series and everytime he is brought up I can only roll my eyes. Similarly, Lyanna is only a little bit better in that regards.

THIS.

I think Bran's arc is the most interesting in the series.

I'm not fond of Missandei or Brienne.

I lost interest on Arya's character post-ASOS.

Bran is my favorite Stark.

I think Stavos has some truth in it. :p

Archived