Your Predictions at the Vale

TeamMartell

I consider Robb to be more of a Stark than Ned surprisingly. While looks more like a Tully he was a Warrior King, and while he tried to live to his fathers code of honor he didn't exactly stick to it. Ned was all honor. The Old Stark Kings had some form of honor but they were hard and sometimes cruel. The Northerners may stick to their Kings will rather than their liege lords. Robb's Will will divide the Northern Stark Loyalists. Some will be Team Rickon while others will be Team Jon. An I think that if te Northerners are smart enough for the GNC, then they can reach the fair compromise of having Jon ruling as Rickon's Regent until he comes of age. Jon is Ned's son,maybe not biologically, but he is through and through Ned's and he would never take the birthright of any of his siblings. But the North will need a strong leader not a boy king and Jon is the perfect canidate for the job.

I'm really hoping for Rickon over Jon. However being a sworn brother of the Night's Watch (and Lord Commander), I don't think he'll just leave and accept being a king. Besides, at this point he's dead.

I like this thread.

I"m not sure what I think will happen. Of all the shocking deaths in Asoiaf, I won't be too sad to see Robyn Arryn die. He's horribly spoiled, a real terror of a child. Sick just like his mother. I don't think he'll make it, so that's my one prediction.

Littlefinger will continue to be inappropriate with Sansa, that's my second prediction.

I think Sansa is going to find more and more strength. But that's more of a hope than a true prediction. I like Sansa and want to see her as she was while building Winterfell from snow. I think/hope she will discover more and more strength in her northern roots, and learn to listen to the sound of the wolves. And rebuild Winterfell for real.

This is interesting. However, Jon is still dead and even if he's alive he would be severely injured. Sansa is Ned's heir. Jon is Robb's. I don't think the Northerners would press for Jon as their KitN, cause he's baseborn, but I think they might for Rickon. And besides, Jon is at the wall. So I don't think he'll just get revived and walk himself to winterfell and declare himself king, whiles he's a member, and Lord Commander of the Night's Watch.

Personally I don't think the Northerners would care about Jon's birth at all. But I agree that Jon, should he live in any way, will not abandon the Night's Watch. He knows the entire 7K are at risk and that he's in the best place to fight the real fight against the White Walkers.

"When you've found yourself in a bed with an ugly woman, the best thing to do is just close your eyes and get on with it," he declared. "Waiting won't make the maid any prettier. Kiss her and be done with it."
"Kiss her?" Ser Barristan repeated, aghast.
"A steel kiss," said Littlefinger.

So those are your gifts from me, my sweet Sansa . . . Harry, the Eyrie, and Winterfell. That's worth another kiss now, don't you think?

As his men died around him, Littlefinger slid Ned's dagger from it's sheath and shoved it up under his chin.

Sansa will find LF in her bed the night before her wedding to Harry the Heir, with LF having been drinking since he arranged the marriage, and he may try to take her maidenhead. He will instead have Sansa give him the kiss, likely pulling the dagger from his belt that was the same Valyrian dagger that LF used to frame her husband, Tyrion, and set up her family.

"There has been no king in the Vale for three hundred years," Petyr Baelish pointed out.
"The dragons came," Lord Nestor agreed.

Dragons came the last time there was a monarch in the Vale; so when dragons come again, it will mean there is a monarch in the Vale again, Dany.

This is Andalos, my friend. The land your Andals came from.

and another where someone had chiseled the seven-pointed star of the new gods upon a boulder. Petyr said that marked one of the places the Andals had landed when they came across the sea to wrest the Vale from the First Men.

Tyrion takes on the alias Hugor Hill in his journey with Connington, after the legendary king of the Andals. Tyrion passes through Andalos, the land of the Andals who invaded the Vale from across the Narrow Sea. Tyrion will have Dany land in the Vale, possibly in the Fingers close to LF's lands.

I think Tyrion would advise her to land in the Vale, especially since he advised Aegon to land in Dorne, so it's already taken. The Vale was untouched by the war, and is still at full reserves along with being a good base for launching an invasion. It's vulnerable from invasion by sea yet protected from counterattack from the rest of Westeros by the Mountains of the Moon and the Bloody Gate, with the mountains inhabited by the mountain clans whom Tyrion has good contacts with. Another main reason being that Tyrion is still itching to pay his debt to the Vale for Lysa's treatment of him.

In the first Dance of Dragons, the Vale fought on Rhaenyra's side and so in the second the Vale will fight on Dany's side.

My prediction is Sansa will be Little Finger kryptonite.

LFs one and only mistake (arguably) was dueling for Cats hand.

In all other instances he is cold, calculating, and playing 3d chess all day everyday.

With Sansa he will know what he has to do with her, lay all his plans, set all the gears in motion, but at the last moment be unable to part with her because he is in love with her.

Plus I think Sansa has the hots for him too.

"When you've found yourself in a bed with an ugly woman, the best thing to do is just close your eyes and get on with it," he declared. "Waiting won't make the maid any prettier. Kiss her and be done with it."

"Kiss her?" Ser Barristan repeated, aghast.

"A steel kiss," said Littlefinger.

So those are your gifts from me, my sweet Sansa . . . Harry, the Eyrie, and Winterfell. That's worth another kiss now, don't you think?

As his men died around him, Littlefinger slid Ned's dagger from it's sheath and shoved it up under his chin.

Sansa will find LF in her bed the night before her wedding to Harry the Heir, with LF having been drinking since he arranged the marriage, and he may try to take her maidenhead. He will instead have Sansa give him the kiss, likely pulling the dagger from his belt that was the same Valyrian dagger that LF used to frame her husband, Tyrion, and set up her family.

"There has been no king in the Vale for three hundred years," Petyr Baelish pointed out.

"The dragons came," Lord Nestor agreed.

Dragons came the last time there was a monarch in the Vale; so when dragons come again, it will mean there is a monarch in the Vale again, Dany.

This is Andalos, my friend. The land your Andals came from.

and another where someone had chiseled the seven-pointed star of the new gods upon a boulder. Petyr said that marked one of the places the Andals had landed when they came across the sea to wrest the Vale from the First Men.

Tyrion takes on the alias Hugor Hill in his journey with Connington, after the legendary king of the Andals. Tyrion passes through Andalos, the land of the Andals who invaded the Vale from across the Narrow Sea. Tyrion will have Dany land in the Vale, possibly in the Fingers close to LF's lands.

I think Tyrion would advise her to land in the Vale, especially since he advised Aegon to land in Dorne, so it's already taken. The Vale was untouched by the war, and is still at full reserves along with being a good base for launching an invasion. It's vulnerable from invasion by sea yet protected from counterattack from the rest of Westeros by the Mountains of the Moon and the Bloody Gate, with the mountains inhabited by the mountain clans whom Tyrion has good contacts with. Another main reason being that Tyrion is still itching to pay his debt to the Vale for Lysa's treatment of him.

In the first Dance of Dragons, the Vale fought on Rhaenyra's side and so in the second the Vale will fight on Dany's side.

I can't see this happening.

The Vale fought so hard against the Targaryens. Why would they just change their mind a decade and a half later?

I mean, why not stay neutral?

I can't see this happening.

The Vale fought so hard against the Targaryens. Why would they just change their mind a decade and a half later?

I mean, why not stay neutral?

Why would they change their mind? Dragons, and they are still sore about the RW.

I think Dany may give Robert Arryn a dragon ride like Visenya gave Ronnel Arryn. If Sansa is takne back to KL, they can promise Robert to get her back in exchange for the armies of the Vale.

Why would dragons change their minds?

The intimidation factor? Dany's dragons are tiny. Even the smallest of the conquest dragons can have a horse walk down its gullet.

Dany's dragons are probably only a little bigger than horses right now.

And how much were the Vale lords effected by the Red Wedding?

I can't see some like Yohn Royce ever supporting Dany.

I think Dany may give Robert Arryn a dragon ride like Visenya gave Ronnel Arryn. If Sansa is takne back to KL, they can promise Robert to get her back in exchange for the armies of the Vale.

Kind of doubt that.

The kid could barely manage a mule ride while doped up.

I am guessing he would probably die en route.

I still believe the vale will be sworn to the north and now if sansa shows herself then she will be the lady of the vale after sweet robin suffers a sudden case of sword in the bowels. When Davos finds rickon it will be a sure thing between the starks and the vale. Rickon will rule in the north as a lord i dont think he will be king but i don't no if jon will be the king hard to say.
I just hope ramsey gets hold of LF and makes him little reek

The intimidation factor? Dany's dragons are tiny. Even the smallest of the conquest dragons can have a horse walk down its gullet.

I don't know, why don't you ask King Loren Lannister? Dany can guarantee justice for the RW.

It will be a while before she reaches Westeros, and her dragons will be bigger by then. The Vale lords are described as honorable, and if Bronze Yohn and several other Vale lords were near open revolt over not aiding the Starks and Tullys in the Wo5K then I doubt they sat well with the RW.

Dany and Tyrion can offer Yohn justice for his son Robar's death, which he can't get from the current regime since Loras is a member of the KG and brother to the queen.

Kind of doubt that.

The kid could barely manage a mule ride while doped up.

I am guessing he would probably die en route.

Stranger things have happened like a self-professed coward like Sam killing an Other.

I think Sansa will bring the Vale to Aegon. I don't think any of the Starks will side with Dany.

And there's no way the Vale it's going to remain neutral for yet another book.

GRRM said there would be a second Dance, and in the first Dance of Dragons, the Vale sided with Rhaenyra. I never said Sansa would be in the Vale when Dany arrives.

I don't know, why don't you ask King Loren Lannister? Dany can guarantee justice for the RW.

It will be a while before she reaches Westeros, and her dragons will be bigger by then. The Vale lords are described as honorable, and if Bronze Yohn and several other Vale lords were near open revolt over not aiding the Starks and Tullys in the Wo5K then I doubt they sat well with the RW.

Dany and Tyrion can offer Yohn justice for his son Robar's death, which he can't get from the current regime since Loras is a member of the KG and brother to the queen.

1. King Loren fought dragons many times larger than Dany's presumably. Its nowhere near the same. And it better be several years before Dany reaches Westeros or her dragon's growth rate will be BS imo. Tiny to make her look weak in the first two books, but then grow exponentially bigger when pl0t requires it

2. The Vale lords are described as honorable but are they really? As I recall one of the Vale families is implied to be killing off members. Nestor Royce is LF' s tool. Lyn Corbray lol. Among others. Yes, but were they effected directly by the RW? Sure they were disgusted, but its entirely possible that the RW is not enough to move them to war. Especially with winter coming and whatnot.

3. There was a royce murdered by the Targs wasn't there? Its possible that Yohn won't forget this either.

1. King Loren fought dragons many times larger than Dany's presumably. Its nowhere near the same. And it better be several years before Dany reaches Westeros or her dragon's growth rate will be BS imo. Tiny to make her look weak in the first two books, but then grow exponentially bigger when pl0t requires it

2. The Vale lords are described as honorable but are they really? As I recall one of the Vale families is implied to be killing off members. Nestor Royce is LF' s tool. Lyn Corbray lol. Among others. Yes, but were they effected directly by the RW? Sure they were disgusted, but its entirely possible that the RW is not enough to move them to war. Especially with winter coming and whatnot.

3. There was a royce murdered by the Targs wasn't there? Its possible that Yohn won't forget this either.

1. I never said it would be exactly the same, but everyone in Westeros knows the devastation dragons can cause. Drogon managed to do a lot of damage for his size in Meereen with over a hundred slain and many more burned or wounded. Dragons are indeterminate growers, and indeterminate growers grow quickly in the first few years of their lives. Dany will also have more than dragons but a large army landing.

2. I was describing the lords who supported the Royces in pushing for aiding Robb. I doubt that the RW is enough to move them to war when they were close to open revolt over not aiding Robb whose father, Ned, was beheaded. They may not want war now, but I doubt GRRM will leave them out of the conflict. Again he put the history of the Vale supporting Rhaenyra for a reason.

3. Fair, although Dany had nothing to do with it, and he got his vengeance when Aerys was slain and his family overthrown compared to Loras who still hasn't answered for slaying Robar.

The "Dany conquers the Vale" theory looks like wishful thinking to me. None of the Vale Lords seem like the type to be all that impressed by a cranky teenage girl who, dragons or not, knows almost nothing of their culture or customs.

As for the second Dance, that doesn't mean things will play out exactly the way they did in the first one. You know, it being a separate event and everything. In any case, why would Dany be in any hurry to get to the Vale? It's a long way from the coast, so she's not about to land there when she first gets to Westeros. If anything she will have burnt a few cities down by the time she gets there, which would presumably not endear her to the Vale.

They are not tiny. Drogon has a wing span over over 20 feet as of ADwD. His wings also casted a shadow over the stadium of the pit fighters.

The "Dany conquers the Vale" theory looks like wishful thinking to me. None of the Vale Lords seem like the type to be all that impressed by a cranky teenage girl who, dragons or not, knows almost nothing of their culture or customs.

As for the second Dance, that doesn't mean things will play out exactly the way they did in the first one. You know, it being a separate event and everything. In any case, why would Dany be in any hurry to get to the Vale? It's a long way from the coast, so she's not about to land there when she first gets to Westeros. If anything she will have burnt a few cities down by the time she gets there, which would presumably not endear her to the Vale.

The Vale is actually considered "the East"; hence 'Jon Arryn: Warden of the East' It's the most eastern kingdom in Westeros and therefore the closest kingdom to Essos.

The Vale is actually considered "the East"; hence 'Jon Arryn: Warden of the East' It's the most eastern kingdom in Westeros and therefore the closest kingdom to Essos.

It may be the East, but it's not closest to Essos or Dany for that matter. The Vale is placed roughly in the middle of Westeros, whereas Slaver's Bay is closer to the southern portion of Essos. If she were to travel in a straight or straight-ish line from Slaver's Bay or the Red Waste, she would end up in either the Stormlands or Dorne.

The Vale is only really close to Braavos, because Essos as a whole is placed further south than Westeros. Besides which, they might call it the East but according to the GRRM-approved maps Sunspear, Storm's End and Dragonstone are all closer to Essos than the Eyrie.

dany conquering the vale might be wish full thinking but aegon bringing the war to the vale imho isnt

Archived