Ghost POV?

TheUnknownTargaryen

This is not a thread about whether Jon is dead or in a coma or whatever. In my eyes he calls to ghost for a reason and the prologue pretty much guarantees it.

Melisandre is definitely the POV we'll have at the wall and Bran on the other side of it. GRRM confirmed that the book will take us far north into the land of always winter and into the heart of it.

Is there anyway Ghost will take us there?!

A Ghost POV?, how would it go? gggrrrr, look a rabbit I'm going to chase it, ok now I'm going to sit here and lick my own balls?, no thanks.

Well we sort of got some Summer Pov moments during bran chapters so no need to be nasty.

But i think if we do get a Jon/ghost pov it will be in Jons head.

I do suspect we might have at least one chapter told primarily through Jon-in-Ghost's point of view, but I feel it unlikely that Martin will spend much more time on it than that. And I'm not even certain we'll see much through Ghost's eyes. It almost seems more likely that we'll see Jon gaining some kind of insight/knowledge through a dreamlike state, much as Bran did.

But Jon is supposedly much better than your run of the mill skinchanger

It's got nothing to do with how good they are, it's just what happens in second life. It will happen to Varamyr and he's far more experienced than Jon.

And Varamyr says Jon has strong potential as a skinchanger but is untrained, so it's not like he's some very-top level skinchanger who can defy the rules of second life (which were given to us for a reason).

I don't have any, but tell me is it something men aspire to? :P.

Completely.

Why else would male enrollment in Yoga classes be up 100% every year for the past decade?

And we have had several direwolf POVs before.

Mymeria killing some bloody mummers, Summer dominated Varamyrs pack, some others I can't think of.

It's got nothing to do with how good they are, it's just what happens in second life. It will happen to Varamyr and he's far more experienced than Jon.

And Varamyr says Jon has strong potential as a skinchanger but is untrained, so it's not like he's some very-top level skinchanger who can defy the rules of second life (which were given to us for a reason).

It should absolutely have something to do with how good they are, not sure how you know otherwise.

I don't think we would go all the way up there through ghost either, so far, warg POVs are not too very aware of their human selves while in the animal.

And these rules of second life were pretty vague as far as how long it lasts, it's not like something you can set with a stopwatch.

It should absolutely have something to do with how good they are, not sure how you know otherwise.

I'm going with what's in the text, it's you who thinks they know otherwise. Here...

“They say you forget,” Haggon had told him, a few weeks before his own death. “When the man’s flesh dies, his spirit lives on inside the beast, but every day his memory fades, and the beast becomes a little less a warg, a little more a wolf, until nothing of the man is left and only the beast remains.” Varamyr knew the truth of that

This is Haggon and Varamyr, far more powerful and experienced than Jon.

Now show me where it says that the mind degradation in second life is relative to the power of the skinchanger. Otherwise you are making things up.

Archived