Whats up with the Jorah dislike?

Tyrion1991

I like Jorah except for the fact that he likes Dany.

I have known guys like Jorah. They get this idealized version of a girl on there head that no one around him can see. Like all of us (his buddies) are like, "dude she is crazy, dude she is using you, dude she will never give anything back to you, dude she is bleeding you dry, dude seriously."

Its almost a mental illness like anorexia or something where they are just completely incapable of seeing whats totally obvious to anyone else with eyes.

He's a slaver who fled judgment and then complains about the harshness of it all. He comes off as blaming others. Here's the thing, he knows he did wrong and shamed his family because he left Long Claw behind. As readers we also know he meant to kill Dany for a king 's pardon before he feel in love with her. When Dany wants an army, he encourages her to buy Unsullied slaves still pro-slavery. The reason he is shown mostly positively is that we hear about him from Dany's pov, which he generally helps her and she sees him in a more positive light which translates to the reader especially since she is pretty much the only pov he is actually in and not just thought about before book five. Personally, I can't stand Jorah even though I can see how he was instrumental for Dany at the beginning of the story when she first married Khal Drogo.

He's a slaver who fled judgment and then complains about the harshness of it all. He comes off as blaming others. Here's the thing, he knows he did wrong and shamed his family because he left Long Claw behind. As readers we also know he meant to kill Dany for a king 's pardon before he feel in love with her. When Dany wants an army, he encourages her to buy Unsullied slaves still pro-slavery. The reason he is shown mostly positively is that we hear about him from Dany's pov, which he generally helps her and she sees him in a more positive light which translates to the reader especially since she is pretty much the only pov he is actually in and not just thought about before book five. Personally, I can't stand Jorah even though I can see how he was instrumental for Dany at the beginning of the story when she first married Khal Drogo.

No. No. No.

He was "the spiders creature". We as readers know that Varys is a Targaryen supporter. When Jorah says that Varys just wanted her watched and that he was worried that they (Varys and Illyrio) were "snakes"; he was telling the truth. He was not involved in the attempt on her life and was most likely told to stop it by Varys himself.

Daenerys does not think him wanting her is creepy.

Actually she does.

"I have heard all I care to of their training." Dany could feel tears welling in her eyes, sudden and unwanted. Her hand flashed up and cracked Ser Jorah hard across the face. It was either that, or cry.

Mormont touched the cheek she'd slapped. "If I have displeased my queen - "

"You have. You've displeased me greatly, ser. If you were my true knight, you would never have brought me to this vile sty." If you were my true knight, you would never have kissed me, or looked at my breasts the way you did, or ...

I like Jorah except for the fact that he likes Dany.

I have known guys like Jorah. They get this idealized version of a girl on there head that no one around him can see. Like all of us (his buddies) are like, "dude she is crazy, dude she is using you, dude she will never give anything back to you, dude she is bleeding you dry, dude seriously."

Its almost a mental illness like anorexia or something where they are just completely incapable of seeing whats totally obvious to anyone else with eyes.

I don't think Dany uses Jorah like this. It would be VERY easy for her to use him in this manner but as it stands she doesn't need to.

This was the case with Lynesse though.

Actually she does.

"I have heard all I care to of their training." Dany could feel tears welling in her eyes, sudden and unwanted. Her hand flashed up and cracked Ser Jorah hard across the face. It was either that, or cry.

"You have. You've displeased me greatly, ser. If you were my true knight, you would never have brought me to this vile sty." If you were my true knight, you would never have kissed me, or looked at my breasts the way you did, or ...

That is different. Making an advance on your Queen and wanting your Queen are two very different things. Dany is being critical of his lack of propriety and respect for rank in that sentence.

What I said was that in ACOK Dany does find out that Jorah loves her. "He wants me, the way man loves a woman not how a knight should love his queen". This does not bother her. She even has a scene in Qarth later where she thinks very sadly on the fact that he loves her and kisses him on the cheek when she says that she is a changed woman. So evidently she is still very comfortable despite knowing this and we know she doesn't behave any differently because she invites him into her chamber when she is naked on the boat in ASOS. So it doesn't bother her anywhere near as much as him actually trying to hit on her because of issues of class.

That is different. Making an advance on your Queen and wanting your Queen are two very different things. Dany is being critical of his lack of propriety and respect for rank in that sentence.

What I said was that in ACOK Dany does find out that Jorah loves her. "He wants me, the way man loves a woman not how a knight should love his queen". This does not bother her. She even has a scene in Qarth later where she thinks very sadly on the fact that he loves her and kisses him on the cheek when she says that she is a changed woman. So evidently she is still very comfortable despite knowing this and we know she doesn't behave any differently because she invites him into her chamber when she is naked on the boat in ASOS.

I remember her shivering right after realizing Jorah wants her. Was it from the cold or the creepiness lol

Actually she does.

That doesn't make it creepy, that makes it taking an interest beyond protection as a Knight. She's not disgusted, she's just acknowledging that a true knight/protector serves and obeys and doesn't lust.

As hard as this is to type, let's not forget that 13-14 year olds were quite usually desired and admired by men of any age in that society. Westeros isn't 2013. There are almost no girls that age in the story that aren't considered appealing to men.

I remember her shivering right after realizing Jorah wants her. Was it from the cold or the creepiness lol

After which she dwells on what him putting his cock inside her would feel like...

and bless her she tries several times but his face kept turning into her Drogo.

If you were creeped out you wouldn't think it in the first place and not that vividly either.

That's not true, at all. A lot of times people have thoughts about things that they would never do, and these thoughts creep them out. Just because you think about something doesn't necessarily mean that you subconsciously desire it.

That doesn't make it creepy, that makes it taking an interest beyond protection as a Knight. She's not disgusted, she's just acknowledging that a true knight/protector serves and obeys and doesn't lust.

I agree that she doesn't have a problem with the fact that he desires her, she has a problem with him making a move on her, and ogling at her like an object. She thinks him acting on his desires is creepy.

No. No. No.

He was "the spiders creature". We as readers know that Varys is a Targaryen supporter. When Jorah says that Varys just wanted her watched and that he was worried that they (Varys and Illyrio) were "snakes"; he was telling the truth. He was not involved in the attempt on her life and was most likely told to stop it by Varys himself.

Varys was the one talking about whether they could get away killing another Hand of the King with Illyrio, because Ned Stark was protecting Dany and trying to call off killing her. I don't pretend to know much about Varys' plans but one thing I believe is that he wanted Dany dead. Also, I am pretty sure Jorah is trying to make it sound less awful than it was, I do think if he hadn't fallen in love with Dany that he would have killed her himself or let someone else do it. He isn't exactly known for his over compassion for human life aka slavery. That doesn't mean I think he hurts people just to do so but he serves his best interest above others suffering. Now that he loves Dany, I think he will serve her faithfully for the rest of his life.

Varys was the one talking about whether they could get away killing another Hand of the King with Illyrio, because Ned Stark was protecting Dany and trying to call off killing her. I don't pretend to know much about Varys' plans but one thing I believe is that he wanted Dany dead. Also, I am pretty sure Jorah is trying to make it sound less awful than it was, I do think if he hadn't fallen in love with Dany that he would have killed her himself or let someone else do it. He isn't exactly known for his over compassion for human life aka slavery. That doesn't mean I think he hurts people just to do so but he serves his best interest above others suffering. Now that he loves Dany, I think he will serve her faithfully for the rest of his life.

Jorah says Varys wanted her watched and not harmed.

Otoh, Varys wanted Drogo to "bestir himself soon" but seems to not like the fact that Drogo would want to wait until his son was born.

Hard to say whether he wanted her dead or alive.

Actually she does.

:)

This is why my heart bleeds panther piss for Jorah. Dany isnt exactly kosher with his affections. She trusted him and he pulled a Nice Guy on her and she believed him to be utterly loyal. She finds out he leaked info on her to what she believes is the enemy (and likely is), AND he tries to pull moves on her? Really? This is one of those things Dany did that i was always 100% behind. Jorah needed to vamoose!

Jorah is a slaver. He sold people into slavery and when it came time to pay for his crime he ran and brought shame on his house. Then he tries to blame everything on Ned cause his own fuck ups ruined his life? The dude refuses to take responsibility for the shit he does. Doesn't Dany think how she wouldn't have kicked him out if he just admitted what he did and apologized,like Barristan did, in the first place instead of trying to blame it on everyone else?

And yeah, dude is creepy.

:)

This is why my heart bleeds panther piss for Jorah. Dany isnt exactly kosher with his affections. She trusted him and he pulled a Nice Guy on her and she believed him to be utterly loyal. She finds out he leaked info on her to what she believes is the enemy (and likely is), AND he tries to pull moves on her? Really? This is one of those things Dany did that i was always 100% behind. Jorah needed to vamoose!

I completely agree. Jorah just rubs me the wrong way. He originally gave Dany some good advice, but near the end, he had grown way too presumptuous and touchy.

Archived