Jon and Val an item in WoW?

Tyrion1991

well, thats damn true. :D

i doubt Jon will sit himself on his fathers seat. not because it would not make sense, but just because...this is grrm we are talking about. i mean...Jon going south, kicking some bolton- ass , saving the day, become the lord of winterfell , getting the girl and than going north again to save the realm from the others- it is jsut to clean and easy to happen in a book written by grrrm. something in this direction might happen, but just not so perfect.

my prediction is he kicks Bolton's ass and returns north to take care of the really important things, leaving Winterfell to Rickon, the rifghtful heir.

EDIT: doesnt mean i dont think Val and Jon might stick together, but just not in this" lord and lady" way.

• 1 month later...

After a few months on these boards, I hope Jon ends up with Satin. That would put an end to the "who does Jon bestow the Lord's Kiss upon next" arguments :rolleyes:

Annoying that people think GRRM's characters have a "type." Seriously? In this universe?

I just hope he's still alive and breathing. Do not care who he sleeps with as long as it's not Arya or Sansa, because no.

I would rather Jon end up with someone like Val, i think her character is much more intriguing, and from her descrition, beautiful too IMO than Dany. That being said though, i think if Jon and Val become an item, it will be for a fleeting moment, I believe his story arch will take him to a different place, probably Dany, but at the same time, id like Dany to die eventually! who knows.

Val is a one-note character. Daenerys is one of the most interesting characters in the book, even though it hasn't always come out right. She and Jon will definitely wind up together, though it's anyones guess whether that will be a permanent arrangement or not.

i doubt Jon will sit himself on his fathers seat. not because it would not make sense, but just because...this is grrm we are talking about. i mean...Jon going south, kicking some bolton- ass , saving the day, become the lord of winterfell , getting the girl and than going north again to save the realm from the others- it is jsut to clean and easy to happen in a book written by grrrm. something in this direction might happen, but just not so perfect.

my prediction is he kicks Bolton's ass and returns north to take care of the really important things, leaving Winterfell to Rickon, the rifghtful heir.

EDIT: doesnt mean i dont think Val and Jon might stick together, but just not in this" lord and lady" way.

I think you're exactly right. He has a character like Stannis do that. Someone who has been a very prickly, maybe even unlikeable character for about three books. But I'm biased, as you can probably tell. I don't think Stannis will "get the girl" though...

But as to the OP, I don't know why, but i would rather him with Val. I feel like all the imagery of him at wall for 5-6 books, his name being "Snow," warging, Old Gods, Ghost, etc. I kind of hope he doesn't end up doing an about-face if RL is true. Although maybe that part of him could be represented by who he ends up with. I don't know. I would prefer Val, but a lot hinges on his fate and what comes immediately after.

I think Jon would certainly jump at the chance to be with Val, were his vows not in the way, I don't see him making a clean break from the night's watch.

With the Lord Commander dead (presumably), I think we will see The Others (finally) make their assault on The Wall. The NW is doomed. Jon and his caretakers will make a retreat, probably well before the actual attack. If I had to guess, he ends up at White Harbor with his wildling host and small group of NW friends.

I'm pinning White Harbor as the place where the final defense takes shape. Jon and friends will be there, Stannis will land there with Rickon, and I even think Dany will end up there.

Archived