Some Yays and Nays:
Nay- Horrible makeup for Emma to show her "turning dark".
Nay- What world is Cruella from? Weird...
Yay- Dev il Playing Angry Birds!
Yay- Evil Queen standing up to Rumple's machinations!
Nay- They have nothing to do with Henry but make him hostage of the week. Like, every other week.
Nay- Cruella's stupid, silly plan. You are working with Rumple. You have the author. Just make him unwrite what he wrote about you!
Yay- Cruella is Not Not Not from the Forest Kingdom. And we now know why she hates Dalmatians...
Nay- Never ever let the dangerous magical ink spill- for it will change the color of your hair!
1) If your character is a walking lie-detecor, so much so, that the genius evil antagonist has to twist every word that comes out his mouth to fool her, you don't then have two separate characters lie bluntly and stupidly to her face and she can't tell.
2) If your character was pure and white as snow and then started darkening during the course of many episodes, you don't then show that she was actually dark all along, it's only this horrible thing that gives her nightmares all the time, just never before this episode of the fourth(!) season
3) If your CGI sucks, use less CGI.
4) If you establish quite thoroughly that no one ever comes back from the dead on your show, then don't bring somebody back with two drops of blood just cause it's convenient to the plot.
5) If your evil character on a redemption arc is portrayed by a brilliant actress, then you certainly don't thrust said character into an emotionally volatile situation, that might bring out even greater acting displays out of said actress than ever before. (wait... what?)