This is how I stereotype American liberals/conservatives:
1. Read the New York Times
2. Listen to progressive talk radio
3. Watch CNN/MSNBC
4. Hate George W. Bush
5. Adore Al Gore
6. Revere Barack Obama
9. Pro gay marriage
10. Adhere to the separation of Church and State
11. Favor universal health care
12. Favor some sort of government sponsored wealth redistribution (i.e. tax the rich to give to the poor)
13. Believe global warming is real/human caused
14. Believe in evolution
1. Read the Wall Street Journal
2. Listen to conservative talk radio
3. Watch FOX news
4. Love George W. Bush
5. Despise Al Gore
6. Abhor Barack Obama
8. Anti gun control
9. Anti gay marriage
10. Believe America is a Christian nation and that faith should have a place in public schools
11. Against universal health care
12. Vote against measures to redistribute wealth (i.e. don't tax the rich and redistribute it to the poor)
13. Skeptical of global warming
14. Believe Intelligent Design is greater than or equal to the theory of evolution.
Anyway, my dislike for Stannis has nothing to do with my political affiliation. Instead, it's his willingness to kill his own brother over a petty claim and that he's a hypocrite IMO that cause me to dislike him.
Clearly war was on her mind. Or at least that it was a distinct possibility. We know this because she was under direct order from Ned to fortify Moat Cailin in the event of a war against the Lannisters. Furthermore, in that very same chapter, but before she actually arrested Tyrion, Cat thought to herself, "It must not come to war..."
If war was already a distinct possibility before, taking Tywin's son under questionable authority will only make war more likely. And I don't see how Cat could be ignorant of this.
I've convinced a few of my buddies to watch the HBO show by telling them it's essentially high-class porn.
When it comes to female characters, I let my penis dictate who I like. For example, I like all the attractive ones like Brienne and Old Nan, but I hate the ugly ones like Sansa and Cersei.
When it comes to male characters, I like all the ones with big cool swords. The bigger the better. If a male character doesn't have a sword (i.e. Varys) or only has a dagger (i.e. Littlefinger), then I don't like them.