Details you always forget about various characters

The Crow's Third Eye

I know...dude...I feel kinda dirty a lot of the time.

That Cat is only like three years older than me when the series begins. (!!)

That Theon doesnt look like Alfie Allen at all.

That Ramsay is supposed to be flabby and hideous. (not like a Dracula mini-me)

The colors of the direwolves not named Ghost and Grey Wind.

Dany's hilarious crown. (srsly read that description) I often forget that shes derping it up with that on her dome half the time.

Stannis is bald. Stupid sexy Stephen Dillane...

Dolorous Edd is actually in his forties or fifties...

Hoo yeah! I forget about that too!

The last one just makes his quotes embarrassing and not funny at all.

The ages of characters is a big one for me too.

Most of the grown-ups in the series (Ned, Bob, Cat, Jaime, Cersei, Jorah, Stannis, etc) are not that much older than me, when in my head I always picture them late 40s/early 50s. Robb, Jon, Sam, Dany, Margaery, Loras, Theon, and Asha are all in their mid to late 20s and Bran, Arya, Sansa, and Joffrey are in their late teens.

So while re-reading the books I always go over something about a character and think: really how did i forget that?! My top ones are probably:

1) Tyrion no longer havimg a nose

2) Tywin being bald

3) Jorah actually looking like a bear

4) Moqorro having a keg belly

5) Daario and his blue beard-tash

So i thought(hoped) that I cant be the only one to do this. What are the details about your favourite characters you always forget?

Yes these and also the ages of the characters...

Like Eddard being 35/36, Jamie 34

and Tyrion only like 29,....

The fact that Stannis is younger than Robert is another one for me as someone else already mentioned. i mean, when you hear how uptight he is I imagine.a man of at least Tywin's age.

Brienne does not look likr she does on the HBO series. In the books she truly is freakish.

Theon-Reek has no or very few teeth.

Most characaters are actually bearded, especially in the North. I always picture everyone as clean shaven.

The fact that by Dance Arya is actually beginning to grow up and is nearing or has already hit puberty. To me she shall always be Maisie Williams

Brienne does not look likr she does on the HBO series. In the books she truly is freakish.

Theon-Reek has no or very few teeth.

Most characaters are actually bearded, especially in the North. I always picture everyone as clean shaven.

The fact that by Dance Arya is actually beginning to grow up and is nearing or has already hit puberty. To me she shall always be Maisie Williams

This for me as well. :)

Now just to match your signature which I like very much, and no other reason at all.

Dany for Queen :commie: :commie: :commie: :commie: :commie:

Robb having auburn hair. And Bran too. What is color of Rickon's hair? I hope it's not that damn Tully auburn, too. Starks are always black-haired in my mind.

Tyrion being so ugly. Cat, Ned and basically everybody being so young.

Jon's scars after eagle attack. Stannis being bald.

Only Jon and Arya carried on the Stark looks, the rest of the kids have that Tully auburn.

Joffrey is super tall (for his age).

Pod is only 11 or so years old.

Theon is white-haired now.

The Florents have those big ears.

And also that hundreds of stone men live in a super creepy swamp on the Rhoyne.

Robb having auburn hair. And Bran too. What is color of Rickon's hair? I hope it's not that damn Tully auburn, too. Starks are always black-haired in my mind.

Tyrion being so ugly. Cat, Ned and basically everybody being so young.

Jon's scars after eagle attack. Stannis being bald.

It's auburn. And the Starks traditionally have brown hair, not black.

I was very surprised when I read dany's sex scene. The whole finger thing.(you should know what I'm talking about.) I put my book down and did a motion like I just touched a bug. However, now I realize a different time different standards and social norms. But that won't stop me from doing the same as you skipping her sex scenes.

Yes, the ages thing really threw me at first, especially with regards to the sexualization of the characters. Then I decided that I would think to myself that this world has longer years than ours (say 15-ish months instead of 12?). So, for example, age 14 in ASOIAF would actually be like 2+ years older than age 14 on our world. It works for my brain, and also for the "ageing-up" that they did for the characters in the show. :)

I always forget that Stannis is the younger brother to Robert, and that Theon's hair is now white....

And this. Edit: Also Jon having darker skin than Robb. I always picture them both being pretty pale.

I think they are both pretty pale. I think Jon is described as the "darker" of the two in terms or hair-colour. Possibly in regards to temperament, too. Jon is pretty broody, which is often described as "dark" in literature.

Archived