A moment in the series that made you feel dumb or angry with yourself.

Das_Boof

I'm always disappointed when I read some of these theories other fans post and I've never noticed it. Namely, The Great Northern Conspiracy. Had my suspicions of R+L=J since the end of Game of Thrones and it's just grown stronger with each consecutive book.

Reading those Branvras essays about "Winterfell Huis Clos" etc. made me feel pretty stupid. That dude is like Sherlock Holmes. I'm not convinced on many of his conclusions, but I definitely feel humbled by the methods he reaches them.

i felt dumb for not seeing the red wedding coming. I was dumbfounded and angry, especially when I reread and realized the extent to which it was foreshadowed.

This! I was reading & started saying "No.. nooo. Nahh. Holy s***!" My husband was looking at me like "you have lost your damn mind." Then I had to ruin Game of Thrones for him by telling him about the RW. Oh well!

And thinking Davos was dead when, in fact, he was not.

I know it has to do with me having only a handful of relatives, but I sometimes get upset with myself for not being able to follow who is married to whose niece and this person is that persons son-in-law and so on, since sometimes they really matter in this story. Sometimes I stare at a family tree on wiki and feel like my head is going to explode, but for some reason I just can't keep track.

I didn't realize their were 8 sand snakes, its crazy when you really start looking into the family trees.

The time I bought Storm of Swords for the first time (not realizing that it was book 3 of 7), barely got through the prologue, and gave it up because, "This makes no ****ing sense, this Chett guy is a douche, this series is overrated garbage, I'm never reading this trash again".

What? I love the prologue! It was one of the most chilling moments I've ever read! I would've kept reading then get confused and say it's overrated.

What? I love the prologue! It was one of the most chilling moments I've ever read! I would've kept reading then get confused and say it's overrated.

I agree with you now but back then I found Chett aggressively, unreasonably loathsome and I thought that the rest of the series was going to be about him or people like him.

Not realizing Mance was Abel.

Me neither. It wasn't even a mystery either, since Mance was a singer and he had six spearwives with him (same as Abel). I remember even thinking, "Wait, if Jeyne goes off with these guys how will Mance ever find them?"

Archived