Was Sansa disinherited?

Maud

The name thing sounds like a red herring. Catelyn calls herself a Stark and a Tully because she identifies with both names -- heck, she's given birth to almost every living member of that family. Sansa certainly doesn't feel the same bond with House Lannister, and Margaery doesn't consider Stannis her brother. The name thing is a distraction in those cases because it's just a symbol and it doesn't create the familial bonds by themselves.

The horror show that was Sansa's marriage to Tyrion was more like a war tactic than an actual union between two families -- it has more in common with Theon scaling the walls of Winterfell than it does with Catelyn's marriage to Eddard.

Just some examples i can come up with quickly... Genna Lannister married a frey and had frey kids but shes still reffered to as Genna Lannister, Cersei Lannister married a Baratheon and had Baratheon children (lol) but shes still Cercei lannister,

On the other hand... Lysa Tully married Jon Arryn and was mostly reffered to as Lysa Arryn, and Barbrey Rsywell married a Dustin and became Barbey Dustin. So i guess.. its about what the character wants to call themself? and I don't see Sansa calling herself Lannister anytime soon

Maybe families should also take the same first name. There is no reason why one is more important than another. If family is all about names, it would surely help with unity! I think I'll get on with this, it would be lovely for everyone in my family to be named "Peter Jones", me, my mum...

"We're Peter Jones!" the kids could happily announce then, feeling untied and loved as never before.

and everyone who wants to have different name, first or second, should be banished from the family. That would also help preserve unity.

The rest of the candidates are idiots and Jon is the only sane and reasonable one left alive.

That's why its his duty to be king.

It's his duty to screw over his siblings based on a will made under false premise? Because no way would Robb write this will if he knew that Bran and Rickon are alive, and Jon would damn well know it.

Just some examples i can come up with quickly... Genna Lannister married a frey and had frey kids but shes still reffered to as Genna Lannister, Cersei Lannister married a Baratheon and had Baratheon children (lol) but shes still Cercei lannister,

On the other hand... Lysa Tully married Jon Arryn and was mostly reffered to as Lysa Arryn, and Barbrey Rsywell married a Dustin and became Barbey Dustin. So i guess.. its about what the character wants to call themself? and I don't see Sansa calling herself Lannister anytime soon

*shrugs*

I think that does have a point. But there is also the fact that Stannis called her Lady Lannister or something so it does have precedent.

What logic is that? That Sansa feels such a strong connection to the Lannister family, as Cat did to the Starks, and that she would say "On my honor as a Lannister"? :lmao:

Obviously.

I recall Sansa remembering she'd rather be married to Tyrion than Sweetrobin by the end of Storm.

She clearly wants the Lannister title.

*shrugs*

I think that does have a point. But there is also the fact that Stannis called her Lady Lannister or something so it does have precedent.

Ah Stannis-the same bloke who calls Gilly a whore. Definitely the Emily Post of Westeros and the best source for naming etiquette.

Obviously.

I recall Sansa remembering she'd rather marry Tyrion than Sweetrobin by the end of Storm.

She clearly wants the Lannister title.

No, she says:

My lord husband, Sansa thought, as she contemplated the ruins of Winterfell. The snow had stopped, and it was
colder than before. She wondered if Lord Robert would shake all through their wedding. At least Joffrey was sound of body.

after SR has a fit when she ripped his doll up for smashing her snow sculpture She isn't comparing husbands, she's being angry and resentful.

Ah Stannis-the same bloke who calls Gilly a whore. Definitely the Emily Post of Westeros and the best source for naming etiquette.

No, she says:

after SR has a fit when she ripped his doll up for smashing her snow sculpture She isn't comparing husbands, she's being angry and resentful.

Stannis knows the LAW and therefore what he says about Sansa clearly has precedent.

What he said about gilly isn't lawful and shouldn't be taken seriously.

And for your other points, I was talking about something else, completely.

On page 1107 of the big green version of Storm.

"I would sooner be married to Tyrion again."

Comparing sr and tyrion its clear to see who she likes better

Stannis knows the LAW and therefore what he says clearly has precedent.

Yes, because Westeros has clear cut, written laws and rules on such matters, and Stannis is right because he is always a paragon of justice and the law.

Just because Sansa would prefer to be married to Tyrion does not mean that she wants to be a Lannister, she just thinks that it's preferable to being with SR.

Stannis knows the LAW and therefore what he says about Sansa clearly has precedent.

So does she like Joffrey better than SR?

Joffrey, Tyrion, Sweetrobin... Who will she choose? Stay tuned! It's the new Twilight! Soon the kids will be wearing Team Tyrion, Team Joffrey and Team Sweetrobin T-shirts. (The SR T-shirt will be showing him sucking on a tit, naturally.)

Yes, because Westeros has clear cut, written laws and rules on such matters, and Stannis is right because he is always a paragon of justice and the law.

Just because Sansa would prefer to be married to Tyrion does not mean that she wants to be a Lannister, she just thinks that it's preferable to being with SR.

Just saying. It has precedent. From a certain angle at least, Sansa can be viewed as a Lannister and Stannis sees it like that.

I know Westerosi laws aren't always so clear cut.

Just saying. It has precedent. From a certain angle at least, Sansa can be viewed as a Lannister and Stannis sees it like that.

I know Westerosi laws aren't always so clear cut.

The only person that actually refers to her like that is Stannis. Cersei certainly doesn't see her as family nor does refer her as Sansa Lannister.

The only person that actually refers to her like that is Stannis. Cersei certainly doesn't see her as family nor does refer her as Sansa Lannister.

Well duh, Cersei thinks she offed The Joff.

Kevan considers Sansa The Joff's aunt by marriage.

I would say that Kevan considered Sansa family from a certain view/angle.

Damning with faint praise. That's hardly a glowing endorsement or wistfulness about who Sansa would prefer as a husband. It's sort of like voting for the candidate that you find least offensive.

As for the OP: "Does Robb have the power to do that? And why isn't LF bothered by it?"

Yes, under normal circumstances, as the Lord of Winterfell and (according to some) King in the North, Robb could name an heir in the event that he dies childless (or even if he didn't). However, in reality Robb is an attainted traitor and rebel and also dead, with his title and castle distributed by King Tommen to House Bolton as a reward for their service to the Crown. So, whatever instructions Robb left in his will are moot under law, even if there are those who consider him their rightful Lord and King and would have accepted his will as valid.

Littlefinger has no reason to be bothered by what Robb did, assuming he even knew about it for the reasons above. He's not bothered by the fact that Sansa is (arguably) legally married to Tyrion Lannister, or that she is a fugitive wanted as an accused co-conspirator in regicide. Littlefinger is playing a long game of cyvasse and thinks he's going to outsmart the factions who have power. Either he's completely in denial or he's a better judge of character than the other factions vying for power.

Archived