Which line from ASOIAF gave you shivers down your spine?

Darkbringer

Which line/ speech from ASOIAF impacted you the most? Could be anything really, but lets try to keep it to lines actually spoken by characters. For me there was three lines /speeches that gave me goosebumps.

1. Doran Martell 'The Grass that hides the viper' speech. Shows us the depth of Dorans game and in an instant completely changes our view of all things Dorne.

2. High Septon- "No" Boom.

3. And best of all- "The North remembers, and this mummer's farce us almost done".

What lines really affected you all?

She heard the screams of frightened horses, and the voices of the Dothraki raised in shouts of fear and terror, and Ser Jorah calling her name and cursing. No, she wanted to shout to him, no, my good knight, do not fear for me. The fire is mine. I am Daenerys Stormborn, daughter of dragons, bride of dragons, mother of dragons, don’t you see? Don’t you SEE?

It all goes back and back, Tyrion thought, to our mothers and fathers and theirs before them. We are puppets dancing on the strings of those who came before us, and one day our own children will take up our strings and dance on in our steads.

"bring on your storm my lord, and remember if you will, the name of this castle"

"and now it begins".[...] "no" said ned with sadness in his voice "now it ends"

That first one is really awesome, saying this as a Stannis fan I was sorry about the death of Penrose.

As for the ToJ I like; "But not of the Kingsguard," Sir Gerold pointed out. "The Kingsguard does not flee."

"Then or now," said Ser Arthur. He donned his helm.

That first one is really awesome, saying this as a Stannis fan I was sorry about the death of Penrose.

As for the ToJ I like; "But not of the Kingsguard," Sir Gerold pointed out. "The Kingsguard does not flee."

"Then or now," said Ser Arthur.

I think that Penrose line is actually the most badass in the entire series :3

Archived