Community: Apparently, We Like Dan Harmon Anyway

Datepalm

Oh, he's that guy who's that guy!

...Oh, all right, I only recognize him as Lily's Dad from HIMYM.

Oh yeah, he's that guy too, I'd forgotten that.

I recognized him as the cameraman from Groundhog Day (one of my few romantic comedy loves) and as the creepy shoe guy from There's Something About Mary.

I could see him working well with this group, though I still don't know how the whole thing is going to play without Pierce. I'll miss Old White Man Says.

I could see him working well with this group, though I still don't know how the whole thing is going to play without Pierce. I'll miss Old White Man Says.

From the season 5 poster it looks like the guy from Breaking Bad will be the new old guy of the group as he's featured enough to make the poster.

Well you gotta remember this is NBC we're talking about. They've treated this show like dirt for years now so a shitty photoshopped poster doesn't really surprise me.

Yeah, I think there were a host of external factors that played into this show getting fucked with. Of course, Dan Harmon probably didn't make things easier for any execs.

It'll be interesting to see if Jonathan Banks ends up as Pierce 2.0, but I'd be surprised if it happened. I just assumed he'd be a professor with a vaguely/intermittently adversarial relationship to the study group, just like Michael K. Williams and John Goodman were used. I'd love to see him used for more, as the last two seemed wasted in those roles. Enjoyable, but wasted. Ultimately though I'll be happy if they just get 'Mike' in a room with 'Gus' again (this has to happen, right?).

It'll be interesting to see if Jonathan Banks ends up as Pierce 2.0, but I'd be surprised if it happened. I just assumed he'd be a professor with a vaguely/intermittently adversarial relationship to the study group, just like Michael K. Williams and John Goodman were used. I'd love to see him used for more, as the last two seemed wasted in those roles. Enjoyable, but wasted. Ultimately though I'll be happy if they just get 'Mike' in a room with 'Gus' again (this has to happen, right?).

Well, that guy from Justified is supposed to guest star where he is asking questions about Pierce. So if something happened to Pierce, maybe we will see Gus again, since he is his brother.

I think he is playing a professor and he's in more than ten episodes. I'm looking forward to his character arc and hopefully they'll make him more than a sour old man and have more of a human side (something community is excellent at).

Archived