Reasons why Jon would be a good king.

Jon's Queen Consort

Pretty much what the title says versus this.
Sure Jon has flaws, he is pretty arrogant at the beggining and can't communicate with the others very well, if he could he wouldn't be injured now but he has the quality of a good King.
First:He puts others before himself. He tries to please the others even if that means that it will cost him something that could been seen from the beggining
"You have five true born children," Jon said. "Three sons, two daughters. The direwolf is the sigil of your House. Your children were meant to have these pups, my lord."
Bran saw his father's face change, saw the other men exchange glances. He loved Jon with all his heart at that moment. Even at seven, Bran understood what his brother had done. The count had come right only because Jon had omitted himself. He had included the girls, included even Rickon, the baby, but not the bastard who bore the surname Snow, the name that custom decreed be given to all those in the north unlucky enough to be born with no name of their own.
Their father understood as well. "You want no pup for yourself, Jon?" he asked softly.
"The direwolf graces the banners of House Stark," Jon pointed out. "I am no Stark, Father."

Second:He help those who are in need: Notable examples Sam,the other recruits, Alys don't forget how Alys was hunted down
With him came four mounted men-at-arms, a huntsman, and a pack of dogs, sniffing after Lady Alys as if she were a deer.
, Satin.
Third:He sees the big picture. When he allowed the wildlings he knew that that would be an unpopular choice but as Jeor said:
But we must have known once. The Night's Watch has forgotten its true purpose, Tarly. You don't build a wall seven hundred feet high to keep savages in skin from stealing women. The Wall was made to guard the realms of men... and not against other men, which is all the wildlings are when you come right down to it.

Fourth:He is just. When he had to punish someone he did it after he had give the man the chance to make it right.
No, thought Jon. You closed that door

Fifth:He can play the game. Paper shield and when he adviced Stannis about how he sould treat with the Northeners.
Sixth:He is a good person, giving Sam his fish, giving Arya Needle, helping Sam, helping the others NW recruits. He is even nice to Cat
“It wasn't your fault,” he managed after an awkward silence. Her eyes found him. They were full of poison. “I need none of your absolution, bastard."
even after she is cruel to him he doesn't said anything.
Seventh:He is practical. Jon finds the way to solve problems with the resources he has.
Eighth:He is willing to take drastic actions even if that means that he had to take unpopular desicions.

Ninth:He is the only one who knows about the real enemy
Night gathers and now my war begins.

Tenth:He learns fast.

Eleventh:

You have my thanks, Lord Snow. For the half-blind horse, the salt cod, the free air. For hope.

Twelfth:He is not afraid to get dirty, he does what needed to be done by his own hands.

And yes, there is a reason that there are 12 points. :D

He is better than most, that's true. He is clever, compassionate, just and pretty much all the other things Jon's Queen Consort said. Also, he is one of the few people in the realm that does not want power, something that I think of as a very positive character trait. He has mistakes, but who does not? The problem with him is the big problem Eddard had, even though Jon has it to a lesser extent: He is to trusting. He thinks because he is honourable, all the others are too. I don't think it's a concious thought, more like a mindset that's not fitting for that world. If he got a good hand and/or helper, like, let's say Sansa to help him with all the intrigues etc., I don't see why he could not be a good king.

Jon would be a bad king. I disagre with your points, but this is not the thread for it.

That said:

1. Jon will probably not rape his wife.

2. Jon will probably not beat his wife/kids.

3. Jon will probably not shoot starving peasants with a crossbow.

4. Jon will probably not go to war against Bran/Rickon for the crown because he wants to be king and is behind them in the succession.

5. Jon will probably not break his holy oath to marry a girl for a stratigically importent bridge for the first redhead he comes across.

6. Jon will probably not launch a war of agression on his nieghbors because he thinks them weaklings and easy pickings.

7. Jon will probably not cheat on his wife.

8. Jon will probably not crucify 163 random men.

9. Jon will probably not sign official decrees without reading them because he can't wait to play with his new kittens.

10. Jon will probably not flip a Cyvaase board because he lost a game. Unless someone said something about his dad (Ned).

11. Jon will probably not sleep with his brother's wife, knowing that his brother will kill her to regain his "honor", but spare him for fear of kinslaying.

12. Jon will probably not threaten to use the horn of winter just because he wants to cross south of the Wall and still be king.

Jon would be a bad king. I disagre with your points, but this is not the thread for it.

That said:

1. Jon will probably not rape his wife.

2. Jon will probably not beat his wife/kids.

3. Jon will probably not shoot starving peasants with a crossbow.

4. Jon will probably not go to war against Bran/Rickon for the crown because he wants to be king and is behind them in the succession.

5. Jon will probably not break his holy oath to marry a girl for a stratigically importent bridge for the first redhead he comes across.

6. Jon will probably not launch a war of agression on his nieghbors because he thinks them weaklings and easy pickings.

7. Jon will probably not cheat on his wife.

8. Jon will probably not crucify 163 random men.

9. Jon will probably not sign official decrees without reading them because he can't wait to play with his new kittens.

10. Jon will probably not flip a Cyvaase board because he lost a game. Unless someone said something about his dad (Ned).

11. Jon will probably not sleep with his brother's wife, knowing that his brother will kill her to regain his "honor", but spare him for fear of kinslaying.

12. Jon will probably not threaten to use the horn of winter just because he wants to cross south of the Wall and still be king.

All points why I think that Jon would be better than most. He may not be the best candidate, but we have seen far worse.

Maybe Jon is designed to fit that ideal of illuminated prince and leader of a nation that in most fairy tales end up to be the best kings ever for a nation.

But is it realistic in practical terms?

I believe that each societal/economical/diplomatical phase a Kingdom goes through has its best ruler, and AFAIK a collection of charming/good individual qualities aren't always directly related to being good rulers.. what a nation needs is a ruler able to understand it's current high priority needs, conceive the right solutions and have enough resources/network of alliances to translate such thought into reality. In other words a remarkable king isn't IMHO distinguishable from what we know today as an innovator, and life experience teaches us that the level of impact/improvement innovators have had on society hasn't always been directly proportional to their sympathetic skills, goodness or capability of being nice .. :-)

There is a good king for each occasion: for times of war and for times of peace, for a council chamber full of vipers and liars and for a council chamber of trustworthy people, for a Kingdom where Lords are honestly willingly to do their duty or for a Kingdom in which most Lords follow only their own interests and do treacherous things in the shadows against the kingdom..

Having said this, Jon innovated when he allowed wildlings south the wall. So this is a point in his favour.

My favorite quality that I think would make Jon a good King is his humanity and his ability to value people for the simple fact that they're human beings and he's able to empathize with others.

Jon doesn't value people based on rank, he's awesome like that. But I don't think Jon should be King

My favorite quality that I think would make Jon a good King is his humanity and his ability to value people for the simple fact that they're human beings and he's able to empathize with others.

Jon doesn't value people based on rank, he's awesome like that. But I don't think Jon should be King

Agree.

Jon Snow 2018(my hope for aDoS!)

HEAR HEAR!

Also as you can see here in more details Jon also employs Plato's characteristics about the ideal leader:

leadership principles:
Moderation
Unity
Reforming
Judgment
Dialectic
The virtues that a leader must have:
Wisdom-discipline to his instincts
Prudence-Moderation
Bravery
Justice

I made some really good brownies for a friends party last night an had some left overs. I didn't have any last night cuz I had to drive home. And dude it's like angels man....like angels...

Not quite what I asked..

OR: :eek: Someone has hacked ADsH profile.

Archived