College Football 2013: Tide Rolled

Ferrum Aeternum

Called my dad:

Me: Are you working?

Dad: Hell no, Auburn just won the superbowl!

:) Happy day.

Does this remove A.J. McCarron's candidacy for the 'Heisman hopeful'?

I think so.

Right now I have no idea who is going to win the thing. Especially if Winston is found guilty of rape or whatever.

Does this remove A.J. McCarron's candidacy for the 'Heisman hopeful'?

no - it didn't help him because Winston had a good game, but 19-27, 277, 3tds isn't hurting him. The fact that his team doesn't have a kicking game shouldn't hurt him.

I don't know if that's sarcasm, so I'm going to respond like you're being serious.

From the graphic I saw earlier in the game. 50% of McCarron's case was that his team was undefeated, and the other 50% was laughably outclassed by the other candidates.

You can't make an argument (for example) that 'Tebow just wins' to dismiss his bad stats, but when he loses say 'the defense just couldn't stop Tom Brady'.

If Tebow (McCarron's) only relative attribute is 'just winning', isn't it invalidated when his team loses?

I don't really follow college football, so I could be very wrong. But it looked to me that McCarron's numbers were really not comparable to the other guys in the running, and there was only an argument for him because his team was undefeated. His team's not undefeated any more, and his numbers still aren't comparable.

I don't know if that's sarcasm, so I'm going to respond like you're being serious.

From the graphic I saw earlier in the game. 50% of McCarron's case was that his team was undefeated, and the other 50% was laughably outclassed by the other candidates.

You can't make an argument (for example) that 'Tebow just wins' to dismiss his bad stats, but when he loses say 'the defense just couldn't stop Tom Brady'.

If Tebow (McCarron's) only relative attribute is 'just winning', isn't it invalidated when his team loses?

I don't really follow college football, so I could be very wrong. But it looked to me that McCarron's numbers were really not comparable to the other guys in the running, and there was only an argument for him because his team was undefeated. His team's not undefeated any more, and his numbers still aren't comparable.

Not sure how any of that could be read as sarcasm, but ok.

WInston is far and away the favorite to win and had a good game today, the only thing that can stop him now is if charges are filed in the sexual assault case before 12/9.

Williams, the BC running back, was considered 2nd because of his gaudy numbers, but came up with a 9 rush, 29 yard effort today in a loss - killing his chances.

McCarron has been 3rd and did everything he needed to put his team in position to win. 3 missed FG and a bad call by his coach don't hurt his chances.

Manziel is playing now, but after the egg he laid last week, will need to go for 600 yards himself to really get back in the conversation.

Jordan Lynch just doesn't have the cache to get the votes even though he has had a strong year.

Not sure how any of that could be read as sarcasm, but ok.

WInston is far and away the favorite to win and had a good game today, the only thing that can stop him now is if charges are filed in the sexual assault case before 12/9.

Williams, the BC running back, was considered 2nd because of his gaudy numbers, but came up with a 9 rush, 29 yard effort today in a loss - killing his chances.

McCarron has been 3rd and did everything he needed to put his team in position to win. 3 missed FG and a bad call by his coach don't hurt his chances.

Manziel is playing now, but after the egg he laid last week, will need to go for 600 yards himself to really get back in the conversation.

Jordan Lynch just doesn't have the cache to get the votes even though he has had a strong year.

Teddy for Heisman!!!!

:rofl:

It kills his chances because the only argument his supporters could come up with is "all he does is win." Well, he didn't win today. He did play a very good game, easily his best of the year, but they didnt' win, and his numbers don't even come close to stacking up to his competition.

And in a somewhat A.J. related note, since 2010 Bama is 7-5 in the month of November vs. FBS teams.

Also relevant: since 2010 Alabama is 1-3 against ranked teams that run the spread.

And no, aj mccarron won't get the heisman. His only hope was getting the best player on best team vote. He's not on the best team now. He doesn't have a signature win, he doesn't have stellar stats and his team isn't going to the ncg.

I'm glad that there's some support here so that I don't look like a raving lunatic. That's good.

Is he really the best player on that team, though? I'm asking out of genuine curiosity.

He's not close to the best player on their team, and they are very clearly not the best team. They were honestly fortunate to have that game as close as it was, and have really struggled with the better team's they've faced over the last few years. They've been fortunate enough to face completely inept offenses in the national championships they've played in.

Tigers v Tigers in the SEC championship game.

I will laugh really hard if Bama falls to 3, Auburn and Missouri stay at 4 and 5 tomorrow. That would be awesome.

Just imagine if Michigan had not gone for two (respect, for trying to achieve IRL the Friday Night Lights Pilot climax, though), and had beat Ohio State in OT what chaos would be going on right now.

Everybody become Michigan State fans for a week, if they get the upset and if Duke pulls off a miracle (lol), we could have a Bama/Mizzou or Bama/Auburn title game. :-p

So which BCS bowl gets Bama since it won't be the sugar bowl? The Orange? I'm presuming they get the auto bid for finishing 3rd or 4th after next week (I figure even if Auburn rises to 3rd and Bama falls to 4th, they don't fall to 5th below Mizzou, and nothing next week will cause Bama's position to change unless auburn loses, in which case Bama rises to 3rd. Either way they get the auto bid.

What would be Really crazy is if Missouri wins the SEC, Ohio State loses and Alabama backdoor cornholes themselves into the NC game.

Tigers v Tigers in the SEC championship game.

I will laugh really hard if Bama falls to 3, Auburn and Missouri stay at 4 and 5 tomorrow. That would be awesome.

Just imagine if Michigan had not gone for two (respect, for trying to achieve IRL the Friday Night Lights Pilot climax, though), and had beat Ohio State in OT what chaos would be going on right now.

Everybody become Michigan State fans for a week, if they get the upset and if Duke pulls off a miracle (lol), we could have a Bama/Mizzou or Bama/Auburn title game. :-p

So which BCS bowl gets Bama since it won't be the sugar bowl? The Orange? I'm presuming they get the auto bid for finishing 3rd or 4th after next week (I figure even if Auburn rises to 3rd and Bama falls to 4th, they don't fall to 5th below Mizzou, and nothing next week will cause Bama's position to change unless auburn loses, in which case Bama rises to 3rd. Either way they get the auto bid.

What would be Really crazy is if Missouri wins the SEC, Ohio State loses and Alabama backdoor cornholes themselves into the NC game.

Again.

Examining BCS scenarios, and it appears that even if Oklahoma beats OSU next weekend, they will be screwed out of a BCS bid for the second consecutive year by fucking Northern Illinois and their balding quarterback, with a little help from the d-bags on the Rose Bowl committee who will be selecting a worthless Michigan St. or 3 loss Wisconsin team to face off with Zona St/Stanford and preserve their precious Big 10/ Pac 10 matchup.

Examining BCS scenarios, and it appears that even if Oklahoma beats OSU next weekend, they will be screwed out of a BCS bid for the second consecutive year by fucking Northern Illinois and their balding quarterback, with a little help from the d-bags on the Rose Bowl committee who will be selecting a worthless Michigan St. or 3 loss Wisconsin team to face off with Zona St/Stanford and preserve their precious Big 10/ Pac 10 matchup.

So what? What difference does it really make if some two-loss team has to play in the Cotton Bowl instead of the Fiesta Bowl?

So what? What difference does it really make if some two-loss team has to play in the Cotton Bowl instead of the Fiesta Bowl?

Because there is an over 10 million dollar difference in payout, as well as prestige and recruiting factors.

It kills his chances because the only argument his supporters could come up with is "all he does is win." Well, he didn't win today. He did play a very good game, easily his best of the year, but they didnt' win, and his numbers don't even come close to stacking up to his competition.

To me he didn't have a shot to begin with, when Manziel lost last week and played horribly Winston took over favorite status - McCarron was never in a position to win it. So his team losing today didn't hurt his chances because he never had one.

Archived