College Football 2013: Tide Rolled

Ferrum Aeternum

FUCK, Washington made out like bandits on this coaching carosel. Jesus, Christ, awful hire for USC, stellar hire for Washington.

Let's break down who USC will be able to beat next year:

Colorado

Cal

Arizona (maybe)

Oregon State (maybe)

Utah (maybe).

Seven Win Steve! Seven Win Steve!

Fucking Haden, driving the program into the dirt, I still can't believe he hired the Gene Chizik of the Pac 12.

FUCK, Washington made out like bandits on this coaching carosel. Jesus, Christ, awful hire for USC, stellar hire for Washington.

Let's break down who USC will be able to beat next year:

Colorado

Cal

Arizona (maybe)

Oregon State (maybe)

Utah (maybe).

Seven Win Steve! Seven Win Steve!

Fucking Haden, driving the program into the dirt, I still can't believe he hired the Gene Chizik of the Pac 12.

Was kind of my reaction . I saw a great tweet yesterday along the lines of, "Risky play by Washington to fire Sark, but it paid off w/ Peterson hire. Huge for UW. And Sark, he'll fit well at Wak- wait, what do you mea"

I hate the Longhorns with a passion, but my hate for Baylor is like sunfire. So now thanks to freakin Oklahoma State I have to root for UT.

Baylor has had everything bounce their way this season, down to the BGSU and OSU losses this week. I want their dreams to be crushed beneath the brown-toothed heel of the Longhorns.

That's part of the reason. They have had two or three good seasons and now behave as though they're God's gift to football. Plus the program is full of thugs and Briles has a very bad reputation among Texas coaches.

A good example: last week Baylor safety Ahmad Dixon is ejected for targeting. Briles allows him to stay on the sidelines until TCU coaches make a point about it, and Dixon finally leaves the field, laughing and blowing kisses to the crowd. Briles did nothing, nor has he done anything about any of the other shady shit that Dixon has done.

On top of that, we have a very long history and intense rivalry in general.

Looking forward to it. Auburn definitely didn't roll over like I though they would. At 21-7 I thought that game would just snowball, and they hung tough and obviously came back and won in dramatic fashion.

On to my analysis:

FSU Duke: This doesn't merit much discussion in my book. Duke is a nice story, with likely no more than 1 or 2 players that could start for FSU.

Ohio State over Michigan State: Mich. State has made its name shutting down big ten offenses. A gentle breeze could shut down most big ten offenses. Ohio State is coming out with something to prove, and Urb is still the co-best coach in the country. Ohio State rolls.

Missouri Auburn: Auburn struggled with Bama's receivers, but Missouri has much mroe talent at the position than Bama. Mizzou has a great defensive front. I still think Auburn's offense is gimmicky. Ironically, I'm in a pick'em league where we pick college and NFL games each week, and I'm 10-0 this year picking Auburn games with the point spread, while I'm about .500 for the whole competition..

Oklahoma State over OU: I'm a huge OU fan, so it pains me to say it, but we just don't have the horses for this. We've lost our best linebacker, defensive tackle, fullback, and running back. We don't have a quarterback. Going to be rough, although I'd absolutely love to be wrong. THe one saving grace is that it's currently an ice storm in Oklahoma which might limit both teams passing attacks, whcih would favor OU since we can't throw the ball in perfect weather.

Texas over Baylor: Baylor has struggled big time the last few weeks. They've shown a physical d-line can disrupt everything they're trying to do. Texas comes out on a mission to save Mack Brown's job, and gets it done.

Arizona State over Stanford: I just don't think Stanford's offense is good enough to score with Arizona State. Honestly, this is the one I'm least confident in. Could go either way.

i had a huge write up typed out for the big ten championship and my son turned off the computer :( i mean like 700 words long *bawls*

anyway, long story short, i think that because of tOSU's lack of quality opponents, i liked wisconsin until they shit the bed against penn state, they won't be ready for the rabid defense of the spartans. points will be at a premium because MSU doesn't have much of an offense, but i think that tOSU turns the ball over uncharacteristically and MSU's offense will capitalize on the short field they create. in a low scoring affair, i predict MSU 20 tOSU 17. sorry for how long i took to reply and thanks for your earlier response.

Well, Mizzou lost, but so did OK St, so 1-for-2 on the "favorites" winning their conferences. Rooting for Duke and MSU tonight... and Stanford, obviously. We were Vegas dogs and I haven't seen any pundits pick us this week. I think we'll win by 17 (though that's easy to say now a quarter in).

Anyway, War Damn Chaos.

Stanford fan. Mostly, though, a BCS hater. And I don't hate Bama the way lots of folks do (I have a problem with a lot of SEC fans, but I have a problem with a lot of fans in general). I will admit, though, that Auburn is a ton of fun to watch.

I also really, really loathe OSU in general (and Urban Meyer), and I've never liked FSU (primarily due to the KC Chiefs/ATL Braves tomahawk chop/chant situation) even before the Winston thing and the story about FSU athletes that Deadspin published a while back. So it's more pulling for schadenfreude than anything else.

duke is gonna get the duke stomped out of them but they've done a terrific job this year. i kinda wished they'd win because i'd rather auburn play tOSU honestly. if they both lose we'd get iron bowl 2 for the NC and i really don't want to play them again this year, i don't think my heart could take it and i don't think anyone outside of the state of alabama would want to see it anyway.

however, if one of the top two go down tonight and auburn gets back to the NC and wins that'll be five in a row for the state of alabama (useless stat, i know, but i think it would be neat).

i want to make the argument that auburn deserves it over tOSU anyway but we did lose to LSU so fair is fair, i guess. i will whine about the schedules though. the latest stat i saw showed auburn had the 16th ranked schedule and FSU and tOSU were 65th and 80th, i'm off a few spots i know but you get my whining drift. our rushing attack is unfuckingstoppable and though i think auburn/fsu would be a close game, i equally think that we'd mudhole stomp tOSU.

anyways, its been a great season so far and i'll gladly accept whatever bowl game we get whether its the NC or the sugar.

me three. i feel like they have a real shot with that D.

hey mike! War Damn Eagle, Buddy!!! we did it, my man!

SEC CHAMPS, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!

BTW: tre mason should have heisman consideration, IMO

War Damn Eagle, my friend! What a ride this year has been! I probably need to go to the doctor just for the blood pressure spikes I've had during our last three games. Of course, I wouldn't change anything. This team is becoming legendary.

And yeah, Tre La Soul definitely should be getting some Heisman love.

Duke doesn't have a realistic chance to beat FSU, right? I would claw my eyes out if Alabama weaseled their way into the championship.

+1

I think we could beat them again, but we shouldn't have to. I had to listen to their fans' bullshit for the last 700+ days. Not anymore. We won, we get bragging rights, I get to hold it over them for a year. A rematch two months later craps all over that.

Besides, their best wins are against a 3 loss LSU team at home and a 4 loss A&M team away. Their body of work isn't exactly the stuff of legend.

Archived