Why do people love Darkstar?

Ser Onaventea Helms

There are plenty of fandoms for plenty of different characters in ASoIAF (Jon Snow, Stannis the Mannis and Dany comes to mind), yet there's one that has puzzled me ever since I first went on this site:

Why do people love Darkstar so much? I may have missed something, but I cannot recall any famous quotes or events from this character. Is it just because he has an awesome name?

Please explain why you guys love him and quotes to support

I <3 Darkstar, I feel like there is a lot more to him than we've seen. Doran calls him the most dangerous man in Dorne, Oberyn was wary of him as well. Ya , he made 1 silly comment, but I took that as more of a sarcastic comment to shut up an annoying kid. Like when kids won't stop crying in public and I tell them there's no Santa Clause.

I <3 Darkstar, I feel like there is a lot more to him than we've seen. Doran calls him the most dangerous man in Dorne, Oberyn was wary of him as well. Ya , he made 1 silly comment, but I took that as more of a sarcastic comment to shut up an annoying kid. Like when kids won't stop crying in public and I tell them there's no Santa Clause.

Yeah but he hasn't proven that he is the most dangerous person in Dorne. I kinda zoned out during Arianne's chapters but from what I remembered he tried killing a girl and then ran way.

Yeah but he hasn't proven that he is the most dangerous person in Dorne. I kinda zoned out during Arianne's chapters but from what I remembered he tried killing a girl and then ran way.

Ya, but I'm reserving judgment until WoW. I don't think Doran and Oberyn would be wary of him for no reason, we just don't know what that reason is yet. I hope he lives up to his hype, but I'm fully prepared to abandon ship if he doesn't. My love for him is superficial at best at this point.

I think he is in the league with doran martell, i don't think darkstar would've missed killing a child who was right beside him. He has his own ulterior motives, but i don't he would have attacked myrcella if he hadn't got any assurances from some dornish, tyrell or some other high lord.

Because it's been 5 years...and out of thousands of pages he takes up about half of one.

There is so little known for sure about him that he is an easy character for people to mould him anyway they like, for good or for bad.

Need an anti-hero - Darkstar

Need a baddie - Darkstar

Need a <insert any label you like> - Darkstar

Because it's been 5 years...and out of thousands of pages he takes up about half of one.

There is so little known for sure about him that he is an easy character for people to mould him anyway they like, for good or for bad.

Need an anti-hero - Darkstar

Need a baddie - Darkstar

Need a <insert any label you like> - Darkstar

Well that makes sense, his role in the story is completely malleable.

Me too hes the only dornish character I like, and Sarella.

I don't think Darkstar is loved at all!

He isnt. Sadly. :(

We need more Darkstar love. For he is of the night and my sands are duly grateful!

He sounds like he's from a cheesy romance novel.

Oh noes. his eyes are angrys

You watch out! Gerold's angry eyes!!!!

I like Ham. Darkstar is Ham. Hes also a pretty Ham with pineapples and cloves!

Archived