The Walking Dead Season 4 (no comics spoilers)

MisterOJ

Other thread has gone over 400 posts. Continue the discussion here.

Anybody have a clue as to how many separate groups we're going to have to follow after the holiday break?

Rick and Carl seem like they're going to be on their own.

Darryl and Beth were together at the end.

And Bob and Sasha.

Tyreese and the Children of the Corn.

And all the folks on the bus.

Plus, Maggie. She jumped off the bus to look for Beth, but we didn't see her find Beth, did we? Is she off on her own?

Then there's Michonne and Carol out there on their own, maybe.

I expect some of these groups of folks will meet up fairly quickly. What do y'all think?

So we've got at least four groups to keep track of?

Rick and Carl

Sasha, Bob and Maggie

Darryl and Beth

and then all the folks on the bus

Plus maybe Michonne and Carol on their own, or one or both of them hooking up with one of the other four groups.

Seems like a lot of threads to have to deal with. Hope the writers are up for that challenge.

Plus Tyreese and the children of the corn^^

Also I wonder if Tara and lily will be back since they both were alive at episode end

Oh yeah, duh.

Good point on Tara and Lilly. I expect them to be a part of the show too.

So we're looking at a minimum of 5-6 separate groups of survivors once it comes back in February? That seems like a lot to deal with in only eight episodes, doesn't it?

Finally got caught up on the last two episodes. They sure ended the half-season excitingly! It did kind of end up feeling like they spent these last episodes mainly to get us invested in Lily and Meghan to be sad when things happen to them and get enough background on some of that other group to cheer when they die. The Governor ended up exactly where he was when we saw him last so that he could finally end the prison/Woodbury story line like it probably should have last season. As soon as he reverted to the Governor, he got much less interesting again.

Although, I actually think that that side plot with the Governor and his new group might have worked better if, instead of splitting it off into its own two episode arc, they just meshed it in with the rest of the season. Wouldn't even have to add any additional plot or anything, just alternate groups throughout the previous episodes where appropriate before finally bringing them together in the explosive, blood-spewing confrontation we ended with. Would have made the half-season flow better and probably give a better connection to those other characters since we'd have been following both groups the whole time.

For a moment, I thought they were actually going to agree to live together, but then in a horrifically tragic twist, have Carl get a little trigger happy or just twitch wrong and shoot the Governor or one of his people, causing the whole thing to erupt and go bad. That would have been interesting!

I liked the Children of the Corn showing up to save the day, but I really hope they didn't just leave Judith sitting there, out in the open, totally unattended while they did that... Still trying to decide if we don't see her body because she isn't dead or because they didn't want to show that on TV. Was the carrier not ripped apart or even laying on its side because zombies didn't do it or because the prop guy just left it sitting up? Guess we'll find out in February!

I feel bad for Glen, Separated from Maggie and on a bus full of sick redshirts.

Yeah is Glenn the only major character on that bus? I guess we're due to learn about some more people given how many have died thus far. I'm surprised given this season's bodycount, and even with the Woodbury ex-pats, how many people appeared to be getting onto that bus.

Yeah is Glenn the only major character on that bus? I guess we're due to learn about some more people given how many have died thus far. I'm surprised given this season's bodycount, and even with the Woodbury ex-pats, how many people appeared to be getting onto that bus.

Who has died other than Herschel this season? He's the only main character. Everyone else is still alive. All the other deaths have been redshirts.

Everyone else is still alive. All the other deaths have been redshirts.

That term has gotten so over used recently. A Star Trek "redshirt" appeared once only to die a few minutes later, right? Familiar reoccurring (over multiple episodes) characters don't constitute redshirts, I don't think. They are simply background characters that the story chooses not to focus on. TWD has a bunch of those.

eh redshirts isnt that specific anymore.

it just means a member of the team who is there to die. to raise the stakes by letting the audience know that death is possible in this situation without taking a way a character that any amount of time has been invested in

Red shirt = cannon fodder to make things appear dangerous for the main characters who almost never die.

Main characters die more often on TWD than most shows, so I guess here red shirts mean cannon fodder zombie food while we're waiting to see who dies next.

Archived