The Walking Dead Season 4 (no comics spoilers)

MisterOJ

It might be useful to include in the OP of this and future threads to not discuss the comic at all. It never would have dawned on me that it's spoilery to mention something about the comic that has already happened on the show. I figured the "no comic spoilers" in the thread title meant to not discuss anything that happens in the comics beyond what point the show is.

I actually thought the Michone/ dream sequence was a commercial until I started to listen ... I was like "oh shit, Michone os doing a commercial for Bounty or something"... granted, I am not very bright...

I definitely thought that, too! I was tuned out because there's enough advertising in the show itself and I just couldn't stomach another ad for some dumb product. Then I realized and had an 'oh' moment. It made the entire scene really effective because it was so out of place that I nearly felt as disoriented as they were showing how Michonne was reacting to all the bullshit. It's one of the better pieces of exposition they've done.

My last bit... If you are thinking of posting here about the comics... Don't

I don't care if the show is word for word like the comics, or incredibly different from the comics, or similar in some respects... Don't talk about the comics in this thread. There is a thread to do this. It is the Walking Dead with comic spoiler thread. There is already discussion here about new characters and how people can't wait to see them. Please stop talking about the comics.

First of all you obviously have no idea what the Fuck a hipster is, so for the love of God stop using that word. You bitch more about this shit than any "hipster" I can think of.

Secondly, instead of just sounding like a prick maybe link the fucking comic thread?

You're right. But humans have a desire for community, and mutual hatred of a show is a good way as any to achieve that online.

Well maybe walking dead needs a thread strictly for pissing and moaning. It rarely adds anything to these threads other than "boo hook I hate this show and I'm gonna stop watching. See you next week when I post the same thing!"

It might be useful to include in the OP of this and future threads to not discuss the comic at all. It never would have dawned on me that it's spoilery to mention something about the comic that has already happened on the show. I figured the "no comic spoilers" in the thread title meant to not discuss anything that happens in the comics beyond what point the show is.

I definitely thought that, too! I was tuned out because there's enough advertising in the show itself and I just couldn't stomach another ad for some dumb product. Then I realized and had an 'oh' moment. It made the entire scene really effective because it was so out of place that I nearly felt as disoriented as they were showing how Michonne was reacting to all the bullshit. It's one of the better pieces of exposition they've done.

I felt i was watching an episode of LOST for some reason ( flashbacks ) . Liked how Michonne was dressed, she looked really pretty... And the sword thing was nice.

I really liked the episode.

It was especially nice since I binge watched the whole season leading up to the episode(hadn't yet seen any of this season).

I'm really enjoying season 4 and I like the direction they took by splitting up the group. It should allow them to do more focused episodes.

I will say though, out of all the characters that were offed this season, Hershel's was the only one I really cared about and even his death didn't upset me as much as the death of the poor little pigs. That scene was horrifying to me.j

I agree. All the head-splitting, maggot-crawling, blood spurting didn't bother me a tenth as much as seeing that little pig and hearing it scream. :(

Apparently there's a lot of Carl hate going on. I don't understand it at all. He's a teenager, for gawd's sake. He's SUPPOSED to be irritating. He's rebelling against his father in the most desperate of situations. Mid-rebellion he is confronted with his vulnerability. You can't get much more dramatic than that.

A lot of shit went down in this last episode. I think they did it as well as anyone possibly could.

I've realized its the guns. This show is a gunnut's dream come true.

Carl can blather on for half an hour about his latest puberty issues, that's fine, I can block it out. It will just be a matter of time before them guns start booming again.

And its not just the guns being fired. Its the guns being drawn. Handled. Fondled. Pointed. Zoomed in on by the camera. And the sheer variety of guns.

Basically, it is the utter necessity of the guns to the groups existence, the unspoken acknowledgement of every person's need to have a gun, that this show just takes to a level I've seldom seen before.

This show could be utterly crap, but I reckon there are at least 10 million survivalist hobbyists and gun enthusiasts in America to whom this Show is like a private fantasy come true.

The show could be utterly crap and they would still prop up its viewing figures on a weekly basis.

Yes, I admit it, I spend way too much idle time on websites discussing the "4 best guns for a breakdown of society" etc. But so do millions of other guys. And they all obviously watch Walking Dead as some kind of scenario planning exercise.

Thats 10 million viewers right there, I reckon.

But really, I mean, come on - I'm up against zombies?? Shit yes I'm gonna be lurvin my gun, stroking it, aiming it, handling it, pointing it - you name it I will do it.

Look what happened to the guy that didn't have the gun, he became Headsel.

If you're going to fight zombies, a gun is going to let you down eventually quicker than a swinging sword. You're going to run out of bullets and have to reload at some point, then BAM - you're zombie fodder.

Whereas a katana, for example, can decapitate and puncture heads indefinitely (as long as you can maintain your strength, that is. which is probably enough time to get the hell out of Dodge.)

Sure, I'd use a gun if I had one, but I'd be more dependent upon my katana. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

ETA: BTW, I've never really understood Daryl's attachment to the crossbow. It's been proven that that thing takes way too long to reload after firing to be an effective defensive weapon.

If you're going to fight zombies, a gun is going to let you down eventually quicker than a swinging sword. You're going to run out of bullets and have to reload at some point, then BAM - you're zombie fodder.

Whereas a katana, for example, can decapitate and puncture heads indefinitely (as long as you can maintain your strength, that is. which is probably enough time to get the hell out of Dodge.)

Sure, I'd use a gun if I had one, but I'd be more dependent upon my katana. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Well, yes, all weapons have their advantages and disadvantages. I'm just not Michonne svelte so I would be more like this and in desparate need of firearms :lol:

I'm thinking a baseball bat would be a good choice as well :)

ETA: BTW, I've never really understood Daryl's attachment to the crossbow. It's been proven that that thing takes way too long to reload after firing to be an effective defensive weapon.

Except whene the Katana, breaks, gets stuck in a body, or just gets dull :)

Well I think the Katana's effectiveness is overstated by the Show for coolness sake. Just like the ability of the group to make headshots on moving targets is overstated when handguns are used.

And when you come up against human aggressors with guns - like Dave and Tony out of Phili - then the Katana is going to leave you shit out of luck.

whynotboth.jpg

Personally I'd have a sword or an ax, several knives, and at least one gun on me at all times while out and about. Also: arm and leg armor for clearing out rooms where close-quarter fighting is likely.

Good luck being able to move lol :) Best would probably some shin guards, on your arms and legs, maybe a light tough vest, and a knife and gun

and some nice J's

Archived