The Walking Dead Season 4 (no comics spoilers)

MisterOJ

Thought the episode was fine when no-one was talking and a bit cringe-worthy when they were. Someone must have put some kryptonite in Carl's hat though as he seemed regular kid ineffective all of a sudden - a far cry from the headshot massacring "i've got you covered, dad" Carl of a few episodes back. I guess thinking your dad is dying can knock you off your game though.

Thank god we got to see the Governor was truly dead as well.

I liked the episode a lot, seems like people are just let down because the mid season finale was such an action-fest but I don't what they really expected honestly.

Carl was being a bit of a cock though, glad he got over that quick. Now three of the most badass characters in the show are together, zombies better watch out. All they need is Daryl for the dream team.

Also how the hell did that boy eat over 100 ounces of pudding without his stomach exploding or getting horribly ill? :lol:

I watched The Talking Dead first, then I caught the re-airing of Walking Dead. When I saw that the actress who plays Michonne was on, I was seriously put out. I thought for sure the writers had killed her off.

On the subject of weapons, all of them have their drawbacks, of course. I think I'd be equipped with a couple of knives strapped to my calves, my katana :love:, and a couple of guns. I don't know that much about guns, but something lightweight but effective - if such exists - for the human threat.

The only thing unrealistic about Carl this episode was that he seemed to go through the irritating phase all too quickly - that should have lasted at least 2-3 years. :lol: But then, we are talking a TV show, after all.

I watched The Talking Dead first, then I caught the re-airing of Walking Dead. When I saw that the actress who plays Michonne was on, I was seriously put out. I thought for sure the writers had killed her off.

Nah. They had announced beforehand that she would be on Talking Dead. They only announce a "surprise guest" from the cast when somebody is getting killed off.

How much of the brain do they need to destroy, always seems a bit odd on the show that a stab with a little lock knife kills the undead. Apart from the fact that stabbing something in the head with a knife without a guard seems like a great way to cut your own fingers off. Also nasty cut on the hand seems like a great way to get an infection.

Also how hard do zombies bite, not sure we have the best teeth for good proper biting, so maybe something like biker leathers would give good protection. Probably plenty of riot gear around to loot.

I'd go for an axe/hatchet or a small lump hammer, something that gives a good big wound, screw knives. Something heavy.

How much of the brain do they need to destroy, always seems a bit odd on the show that a stab with a little lock knife kills the undead. Apart from the fact that stabbing something in the head with a knife without a guard seems like a great way to cut your own fingers off. Also nasty cut on the hand seems like a great way to get an infection.

Also how hard do zombies bite, not sure we have the best teeth for good proper biting, so maybe something like biker leathers would give good protection. Probably plenty of riot gear around to loot.

I'd go for an axe/hatchet or a small lump hammer, something that gives a good big wound, screw knives. Something heavy.

Human bodies have roughly the same tensile strength as budget brand toilet paper in the Walking Dead universe. Zombies rip people limb from limb with their bare hands, blunt metal pipes slide through skulls like hot knives through butter. Zombies don't need to bite hard when they're dealing with that kind of fragility.

Yeah it's just a little niggle with me. In the first season at the cdc the mad doc showed the film of his wife brain when she came back to life. Now I don't know a lot about brains, but it looked like just the bottom middle bit became active. Surely if you want to kill a zombie, just giving it a poke in the top of the head isn't enough, you need to get to the active bit. Little lock knife just wouldn't get deep enough in. Let alone the whole getting through the skull bit

edit:- Okay the zombie bones maybe mushy, but wouldn't mushy bones stop them walking about. An I go only go from personnal experince, but my skulls pretty tough, I've broken toilet bowls with it (very,very drunk). It's going to take a bit of time to work through it with a pocket knife.

I think the fact that I just had to Google "walking dead sasha" because I couldn't for the life of me remember who Sasha was is a pretty good indication that you guys may have nailed it. But then I'm also really, really bad with names in general.

I guess I’m in the minority here as I didn’t care so much for this episode. I didn’t see much in the way of character building. For me the episode was basically 60 minutes of Carl proving he’s learned nothing about survival and one flashback dream from Michonne. It pales in comparison to Carol’s episode last season and not as entertaining as Daryl’s coma dream with Merle much earlier (when he was hunting for Sophia).

I feel like Carl’s been doing the “I’m not a child” thing since Season 1. I didn’t see the need for the aftermath episode of the prison attack to dwell on more of that. The way things were headed last season, he could have been turning into a good or bad version of Terminator 2’s John Connor. I think that would have been more interesting than what we saw him regressing into as a character. The evolution of kids in an apocalyptic world is by the far the most fascinating thing the show can explore. The girls with Tyreese are practically turning into little war machines. I don’t feel like Carl is evolving similarly despite having just as many traumatic and dangerous experiences as those girls.

Michonne is still largely a statue of a character. It’s not a bad thing but I don’t think that tidbit of her past fleshed her out much. The main things I got from her scenes was that everyone in the group should be training themselves on how to use their own sword.

Also, I still don’t get the Governor hate. I never expected him to be alive (that would have been… absurd) but I wouldn’t have minded watching more of his character before his death. The “Camp Dictator Part II” arc was an unnecessary retread but they could have done far more interesting things with him in this world.

Also, I still don’t get the Governor hate. I never expected him to be alive (that would have been… absurd) but I wouldn’t have minded watching more of his character before his death. The “Camp Dictator Part II” arc was an unnecessary retread but they could have done far more interesting things with him in this world.

I didn't mind him at all on his return - it was only his terminator "i'll kill all my people for the hell of it" phase I disliked. But I still wouldn't have put it past them to have the character survive the mid-season finale - which would have been beyond ridiculous.

What happened to the rest of the Gov's crew? Did they all die? In which case that was pretty rough on his girlfriend losing everything in the space of an hour.

I liked the moment with Michonne where we saw how relieved she was to find Carl and Rick - that was the best moment for her in the episode for me. She is a loner character but she doesn't ultimately like being alone - she just doesn't like losing people she becomes attached to.

I hope there's a really good explanation for how everyone eventually hooks up again (assuming they do) because at the moment it would seem to be very random for it to occur.

In the mid-season finale Daryl shouts something about there being an administration place in the woods (or something like that) that they would use as a rendezvous point, so that would be a fairly easy way for them to be reunited. I hope they don't go down that route though, at least not for a while. I like seeing these smaller groups - it gives the characters more room to evolve. I have no doubt they'll all be back together before the end of this season, but hopefully it's just before.

I didn't mind him at all on his return - it was only his terminator "i'll kill all my people for the hell of it" phase I disliked. But I still wouldn't have put it past them to have the character survive the mid-season finale - which would have been beyond ridiculous.

What happened to the rest of the Gov's crew? Did they all die? In which case that was pretty rough on his girlfriend losing everything in the space of an hour.

I liked the moment with Michonne where we saw how relieved she was to find Carl and Rick - that was the best moment for her in the episode for me. She is a loner character but she doesn't ultimately like being alone - she just doesn't like losing people she becomes attached to.

I hope there's a really good explanation for how everyone eventually hooks up again (assuming they do) because at the moment it would seem to be very random for it to occur.

Tara and Lilly haven't been killed on-screen so my assumption is that they are still alive. Everyone else of note I think is dead.

In the mid-season finale Daryl shouts something about there being an administration place in the woods (or something like that) that they would use as a rendezvous point, so that would be a fairly easy way for them to be reunited. I hope they don't go down that route though, at least not for a while. I like seeing these smaller groups - it gives the characters more room to evolve. I have no doubt they'll all be back together before the end of this season, but hopefully it's just before.

A meetup point had to be a part of the plan. They got split up once, they knew the Governor was still out there and they had a contingency plan with the bus.. which should be going to a specific destination. Frankly, knowing the governor was out there, the walker build up, and having people separated at random times (Sophia) they should have had multiple rendezvous and safe-points in the vicinity of the prison... but that's probably overthinking it too much.

I'm more interested with how long it takes for us to find out about the mysterious human killer group from last season. I could see that group being a barrier for reunification for much of the season.

Well the episodes are always better when they are not all together and in a safe place. That' s when it starts to get boring , farm and prison were pretty boring vs the first season that was pretty exciting. I really hope they don't go the way the comic goes from here on and make it a little more dynamic. I love the comic but some things dont translate too well ...

Well the episodes are always better when they are not all together and in a safe place. That' s when it starts to get boring , farm and prison were pretty boring vs the first season that was pretty exciting. I really hope they don't go the way the comic goes from here on and make it a little more dynamic. I love the comic but some things dont translate too well ...

Isn't that weird? You would think that being in a group together would have brought about more character development. It's when they are split up that we seem to get the window into the characters.

Isn't that weird? You would think that being in a group together would have brought about more character development. It's when they are split up that we seem to get the window into the characters.

Its probably because it has to focus on all characters so the writers use the same formula for group actions and it usually ends up with people voting and leadership issues , like the disease thing for example, the Michonne flashback made me think that they may do that for some other characters , in a LOST kind of way and each chapter we get to know parts of their lives... Lets enjoy the show before they get together again :)

Archived