The Walking Dead Season 4 (no comics spoilers)

MisterOJ

When you have to make up shit to explain the idiocy of the characters you are watching, why bother? Rick strangles a guy to death in 20 seconds or less. We can assume bedroom biker died and sleeping dude must have been... suicidal. Anyway, I'm just pissed I spent so much time watching this shit. I'll stfu now and rest easy knowing I'll never devote another second to it.

It is still my favourite show. Despite the odd logical brainfart.

But as soon as the group gets too large again, my interest will wane temporarily, until they hit the road again. Once they settle into a big community, the pure survival aspect moves to the background and group politics and intricate plots come to the fore again. Which bores me.

I think that mullet guy (Eugene i think) is full of crap. I bet he is lying to Abe to get a lift to Washington. He's about year too late to save the world, and what does classified matter now. Also why wouldn't he have asked Abe to show him how to use the rifle, even if it's just to ensure he knew how to make it safe.

I thought the whole sleeper-hold over the bed was a little silly as well. Not only could the other guy die and turn into a zombie, he could wake up and slit the other guys throat in his sleep.

I think that mullet guy (Eugene i think) is full of crap. I bet he is lying to Abe to get a lift to Washington. He's about year too late to save the world, and what does classified matter now. Also why wouldn't he have asked Abe to show him how to use the rifle, even if it's just to ensure he knew how to make it safe.

I thought the whole sleeper-hold over the bed was a little silly as well. Not only could the other guy die and turn into a zombie, he could wake up and slit the other guys throat in his sleep.

pretty much everything the hicks who broke into house did was stupid. Guy on the crapper was totally ignored and no-one noticed/cared he was dead. Killing a guy over a bed with zero fall-out. Letting a potential zombie stay by your bed while you sleep. how on earth did these people survive so long.

Didn't like "kooky" Michonne. Very grating.

It was jarring but i thought the explanation was rational and in the end gives the character more mileage as non communicative Michonne was already tiresome. Her essentially suffering from depression/PTS makes sense to me.

The acting/dialogue in the breakfast scene was terrible though.

The biker guy in the room who was choked out was obviously not dead, just choked out. He was clearly breathing.

Agreed. The camera stayed on him long enough for him to take several exaggerated breaths.

I'm not saying it wasn't stupid to choke a guy unconscious and then crash, but they seem like bottom of the barrel types anyway. Stupid hicks with a very primal way of maintaining a pecking order.

Hopefully they aren't associated with the "haven" at the end of the tracks.

Yeah, Rick killed the guy in the bathroom and then before going out the window opened the door, so that when the corpse reanimated it would easily get out and cause some trouble.

Hopefully they aren't associated with the "haven" at the end of the tracks.

I can just imagine the ending scene to an episode or even the season finale. They finally arrive at this haven and Rick is met by a guy bouncing a yellow ball.

I enjoyed that episode. Abraham and his gang added some much-needed levity to the series, I felt. Abe and Eugene's little back-and-forth was quite enjoyable, as was Rosita's outfit. :drool: It's far too early to write them off as characters; there have already been a couple of moments to flesh them out and I'm sure there will be plenty more.

I'm pretty sure the older guy from Rick's house will show up again. Maybe one of the other groups from the prison run into his lot and get tricked into thinking he's friendly and it takes Rick to show up at the last minute to bail them out.

I also really liked Michonne in this episode. She is definitely growing on me after a fairly slow start.

Damn, what a slow episode. Rick's entrapment and escape could have had some tension if we weren't 100% sure he would survive.

For Rick, I knew he'd survive - but I was concerned that the guys would find him hiding under the bed, drag him out and capture him maybe, and that he'd have to get rescued. And that it would further add to the tension between Rick and Carl, with the latter seeing his once indomitable father get humiliated and nearly killed so easily and so shamefully (again, the hiding under the bed thing).

The biker guy in the room who was choked out was obviously not dead, just choked out. He was clearly breathing.

Didn't notice that. Good thing he was unconscious for the right amount of time though. Those characters were still stupid though but maybe that's exactly what they were wanting to establish.

Yeah, Rick killed the guy in the bathroom and then before going out the window opened the door, so that when the corpse reanimated it would easily get out and cause some trouble.

I can just imagine the ending scene to an episode or even the season finale. They finally arrive at this haven and Rick is met by a guy bouncing a yellow ball.

I'd think by now Rick would be more skeptical of such things as Haven. I hope they are good though as evil towns have already been done and it would be nice to see some level of hope in the show.

Didn't notice that. Good thing he was unconscious for the right amount of time though. Those characters were still stupid though but maybe that's exactly what they were wanting to establish.

Those are my thoughts.

I don't think the bikers have to establish themselves as anymore than just vicious predators on the hunt. They don't have to be clever.

As hard as it is to believe, they may not even know how or why the zombies turn.

I'd think by now Rick would be more skeptical of such things as Haven. I hope they are good though as evil towns have already been done and it would be nice to see some level of hope in the show.

Agree with this as well, but in his vulnerable state, maybe he just wants to go somewhere safe and heal so that he can be back on his game.

This show is bit of of a guilty pleasure for me. I know it's not the greatest standard with characters too often doing stupid shit which doesn't make any sense but damnit it's like a sort tooth, I just can't help myself.

One thing I do appreciate is that they off the annoying characters such as Rick's wife, Andrea, the old beardy guy (not Hershel, the other other old beardy lad) so i'm praying the show stays true to form and kills off Carl. He annoys the fark out of me and the kid can't act.

Delighted so see Michael Cudlitz join the show hopefully he's there for the long haul. He was very good in Band of Brothers & Southland.

This show is bit of of a guilty pleasure for me. I know it's not the greatest standard with characters too often doing stupid shit which doesn't make any sense but damnit it's like a sort tooth, I just can't help myself.

One thing I do appreciate is that they off the annoying characters such as Rick's wife, Andrea, the old beardy guy (not Hershel, the other other old beardy lad) so i'm praying the show stays true to form and kills off Carl. He annoys the fark out of me and the kid can't act.

Delighted so see Michael Cudlitz join the show hopefully he's there for the long haul. He was very good in Band of Brothers & Southland.

I loved Dale! I won't hear a word against him. He advocated to remain moral and civilized. He died, the farm got overrun, and the group moved away from that ideal. But in the last season, there was a theme of being able to "come back" from all of the things they had done to survive. Dale :)

Never going to happen. There are 2 characters on the show that will forever be safe, Rick and Carl. Maybe a 3rd being Daryl, with the popularity of his character.

Never going to happen. There are 2 characters on the show that will forever be safe, Rick and Carl. Maybe a 3rd being Daryl, with the popularity of his character.

Perhaps Carl could turn into zombie feed for the very reasons that Daryl is safe.

A guy can hope ;)

I agree about Carl. I can cope when he's just one character of many but his voice and acting in that last episode made me want to stab things.

Instead of killing him off, maybe they could just replace Chandler Riggs with a competent actor.

yeah, the scene when he and michonne suddenly remember judith was all kinds of bad

Archived