TTTNE #407: Here Be Dragons

KiDisaster

Welcome to the 407th edition of The Thread That Never Ends.

In this thread we celebrate all things fiery of breath and leathery of wing.

:cheers: to all fellow Targ supporters. Smaug, Toothless and Norbert are also welcome of course :P

Uhh, still sort of pissed that i almost won, but congrats to KID anyway. :cheers:

you'll live :p

again congratulations kid ,you finally snapped the streak :grouphug:

me no likes dragons :p too generic they be ,and not in a good way :p

Congrats on the win KiD!

And because everyone was so busy with the race, let me reshare my statement from #937

Atropis...I love the new AV!

Tater, the word is 'shenanigans'.

And true feminism has never lost its way. Are you implying that a woman does not have a right to become educated, earn an equal income for equal work or have a right to decide the direction of her own life? Is my life wrong because I chose to get a college degree, chose to not marry and not have children? You insult me and the majority of the women on this thread.

And that is why you can take your post to GC and keep it out of the TTTNE. This is a supportive, fun thread. Not a place to bring your fragile male ego.

eta: Atropis, I find your response to MP every bit as insulting as his original statement. You might find his comment humorous, but women 20 years older than you have worked their asses off dealing with jerk statements like that. Your freedom to make such statements comes from the generation of woman that came before you. Glad to see you view yourself as so equal since statistically, despite your degree, you will still ultimately be making less than your male counterpart.

And Wally, I challenge you to discuss that 'hive' concept with your mother.

Have a good holiday season folks.

Aww, Wally! Next time :grouphug:

Pff, knowing my luck, when i eventually win, the Mods wil decide to ban TTTNE permanently.

Edit: Dreamsongs, when i was referring to the "hive mind" i was speaking about the threads relating to Feminism in Gen Chat, not to feminism as a whole. I don't enjoy having my points mangled and misunderstood. And bringing my own mother into this is just plain insulting.

Without insisting much on the issue because this is TTTNE, a short answer:

My statement was based on common sense. I'm sorry if it was perceived as offensive by you, but the salience of my comment was how I personally view the outcome of discussions concerning sensitive issues,such as feminism, on the Internet. My opinion was nowhere to be found. I can easily be humorous and light-headed any day, on any thread. In real life and face-to-face conversations, that's a quite different matter.

Archived