TTTNE #407: Here Be Dragons

KiDisaster

Rhaenys, L_T and I started dancing earlier because he got his Yule card from me and was excited to get a memento from CapClave along with it. So I've been continuing the dancing just because I can :P

*leaves Cat and Lany to go dance with DA and Rhaenys*

Heathens... DRACARYS!

@RBeeee... thank you, deary :) It was suggested by another TTTNEr in the previous edition to match with the Christmas spirit AND the TTTNE's title!

I guess Lany came up with the holiday dragons a few pages ago? o.O Not sure, maybe somebody else did too :D

Aww, I'll need to change my avatar too... just haven't found the right one yet :commie:

@Bex, Ah, now everything's clear :D

For a couple people. For others, I have bags of stuff in living room :lol:

Buck, let's make a deal, shall we? I'll do your Christmas shopping and you'll do my gift wrapping, huh? :lol:

I absolutely enjoy shopping for gifts (for anything, to be entirely honest). I don't have much against wrapping either, it's part of the fun, but I'm never quite satisfied with how my wrapping turns out. I'm just not the best at craft sort of things. I prefer buying the gifts, because I usually have some idea about what to get and inspiration always hits when I'm in a shop too. I used to buy books too, but nobody ever read the books I gave them, not really because they didn't like it, but because they never had the time to read them. I also stopped buying DVDs, because they are meh... I felt like I only bought them because I had no better idea, and I prefer getting gifts that I know people will like. My father is the difficult case, because he has everything and if he does want something, he goes ahead and buys it. Well, I'll figure out something.

I would totally do that. :lol: But seriously, if you have any ideas what I cat get for my friend's bday and family for New Year ... very welcome. :P

I am like that too, I go buy something I need and do not say I wish it for holidays.

I actually enjoyed her ADWD chapters *runs away*

I might not have disliked them so much if they weren't surrounded by Jon, Bran and Quentin. Who are at best dull and at worst extremely repetitive.

Tyrion doesn't do much of interest. Davos meets Borell and Manderley which is interesting, but doesn't do much else. Connington is kind of intriguing but introduced far too late. Arya actually sucks in this book. Jaime does fuck all. Cersei does little except for the Walk of Shame which is a painful chapter to read.

Reek and Asha are good Melisandre appears for a bit and is interesting (and kind of sexy, even if it's a glamour.) Barristan is sometimes alright. And Kevan getting shot is good.

Well that was weird. My account was locked and I couldn't sign in, and then my password wouldn't work and I had to reset it. What the hell happened? :dunno:

My unsullied tv watcher only brother was sitting next to me when I watched that, He said "Daenerys is the shit!"

Your brother sounds like a smart man :cool4:

I just bought perfume for someone as a Xmas gift, and it came with a free suitcase. What the hell is that about? What's the connection there?

Well that was weird. My account was locked and I couldn't sign in, and then my password wouldn't work and I had to reset it. What the hell happened? :dunno:

Your brother sounds like a smart man :cool4:

I just bought perfume for someone as a Xmas gift, and it came with a free suitcase. What the hell is that about? What's the connection there?

Sales gimmick? I think that is why the do it.

I guess Lany came up with the holiday dragons a few pages ago? o.O Not sure, maybe somebody else did too :D

I've been unable to follow this TTTNE's pace. It was Lady O, or Eira, or Odie who found this dragon avatar I use atm. Just after KiD's win actually. Let me have a look. Will update this post.

Eta: sometimes I really..... really admire my memory.

It was before KiD's win and was suggested by Gilio.

TBB, somewhere in the ADWD subforum there are recommendation lists for reading AFFC and ADWD together. I agree that ADWD seems disjointed, but that is because the first 2/3 of it are taking place at the same time as AFFC. The timelines come back together again during the last 1/3 of the book, which is why you only see one chapter each from the main POVs from AFFC.

TBB, somewhere in the ADWD subforum there are recommendation lists for reading AFFC and ADWD together. I agree that ADWD seems disjointed, but that is because the first 2/3 of it are taking place at the same time as AFFC. The timelines come back together again during the last 1/3 of the book, which is why you only see one chapter each from the main POVs from AFFC.

http://boiledleather.com/post/25902554148/a-new-reader-friendly-combined-reading-order-for-a

I've tried it and loved it.

Archived