Looking back, what will be the most important...

Skoboe

I'm writing this with the hope that the last two books will be out in my lifetime!

After you've read the last book, what parts do you think you could look back on and say that was a defining moment in the series?

For me, it is;

Biggest momentum shift: The dialogue between LF and Sansa where he explains Harry. Sansa goes from being a self-centred teen with romantic visions of how the world should be, to a player in the game of thrones.

Most important foretelling: Tyrion's dream where he has two heads...no idea what it means but I have a feeling it's going to be very big.

Most important event: Euron's return. Where was he? What did he find?

Set up for the End Game: Theon. What he's done, how he's been broken. Ramsay has inadevertently moulded him into a Thomas Covenant type...one who can know no other type of fear, has plenty to atone for and sees death as a release. He may just turn out to be the one who ends it all.

Biggest momentum shift: For this, I'd have to go with Joffrey's death. Everything was going well for the Lannisters (minus the fact that Joffrey was a twat) until he was poisoned. This single event triggered Tyrion killing Tywin, which lead to Cersei's madness and has gotten herself into a terrible position as we see in AFFC and ADWD. I do believe things will swing back for the Cersei Lannister for a short while.

Most important foretelling: Maggy the Frogs prophecy. I know prophecies can be false at any moment, but I loved it so much when Joff died. I will feel bad for Tommen when he dies and for Myrcella when she dies after being crowned, but I think it will be worth it to see Jamie use his golden hand to strangle Cersei. I'm also very interested to see where this possible scenario leaves House Lannister.

Most important event: Jon Snow turning down Stannis and his offer to make him Jon Stark. That could have rallied the north much quicker than what Stannis does in ADWD.

Set up for the End Game: Manderly finding out from Wex Pyke that Rickon is still alive. I still love how that chapter ends, where Davos almost asks to be sent back down into the dungeons. Rickon, to me (so im probably wrong), seems to be the most likely Stark to make it to the end (along with Sansa but when she marries again, she wont be a Stark).

Archived